PDA

View Full Version : Web site or News Paper?

TCO
01-21-2009, 09:42 AM
I am thinking about a web site to draw in more business for my small company.
I found it very hard to grow last year due to the job loss here in Michigan.
I spent a small fortune on yellow book,news papers,and fliers. This year I am thinking about a web site ,yellow book and fliers,as I had no luck w/ news paper. We offer party tents as well. So, Does your web sites bring in much business?

Thanks Tim

JDUtah
01-27-2009, 05:39 PM
A site will give you very good ROI if done right.

Turboguy
01-27-2009, 08:55 PM
I agree that a website will give you a much better return on your investment. We we first got into lawn seeding I spent $ 7000.00 on newspaper ads and did not get $ 7000.00 in business from it. I get lots of activity from the Internet with an investment that is virtually neglegable.

I did get much better results on Yellow page ads than the newspapers but get even more from the internet at less than 1/10th the cost. I have now dropped my yellow page ads and my only advertising is the internet and word of mouth.

RickR1818
01-27-2009, 09:46 PM
This shouldnt even be a question. GET A SITE NOW! It takes time to show up in search engines and if you wait until the season starts it will be too late. There is a reason that newspaper companies are struggling right, no one reads the paper anymore; they check the website. Your problem is it will be even worse this year in your area. Jobless rates are much higher now than they were last year.

tatmkr
02-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Ask everyone you know when the last time they looked in the phone book to find somebody, and you will have your answer. I was without internet for about 10 days and realized it's been about 4 years since I have. When I personally need a contractor I go straight for google and I won't even call someone if they don't have a site. I am also forgoing the yellow pages and postcards this year and focusing on google and yahoo search advertising.