Yesterday was a great day!
:usflag::clapping::usflag::clapping::usflag::clapping::usflag:

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2009/44.president/inauguration/mall.satellite/

Ric
01-21-2009, 12:36 PM

One step for a man of color and a gaint step for all men of color. Being Amerasian I see this as great step in the process of man kind toward a all gray society. My children won't be be faced with half the prejudice that their grand parents were.

But while I agree with you, this belongs in the political forum. BTW I did not vote for the man, but will support him now that he is president. IMHO I think there is no way he can mess up our country worse than Dubba did.

gregory
01-21-2009, 01:02 PM
i agree with you ric...

you not out working in the cold today? got down to 36 at my place this morining

Ric
01-21-2009, 01:51 PM
i agree with you ric...

you not out working in the cold today? got down to 36 at my place this morining

Karl

Except for groceries I haven't been away from the space heat in a while. I expect my electric bill to be close to $ 150 this month. I have seen every Movie on every channel and have the cleanest house in history. We have one more night of low 30's and I am afraid I don't own enough long underwear to put on a clean set. So I will just be a stinky old guy. I have a cold that has dropped to my chest and I am taking all kinds of medicine for it. I think it is about time to retire and move south to the really warm weather.

phasthound
01-21-2009, 01:58 PM
One step for a man of color and a gaint step for all men of color. Being Amerasian I see this as great step in the process of man kind toward a all gray society. My children won't be be faced with half the prejudice that their grand parents were.

But while I agree with you, this belongs in the political forum. BTW I did not vote for the man, but will support him now that he is president. IMHO I think there is no way he can mess up our country worse than Dubba did.

I just thought I'd balance things out. The best quote I heard was from England, "Good riddance to old rubbish."

But hey, do you think that lawn will come back in the spring? :)

Ric
01-21-2009, 02:10 PM
I just thought I'd balance things out. The best quote I heard was from England, "Good riddance to old rubbish."

But hey, do you think that lawn will come back in the spring? :)

No slow dog

I think the lawn has been let go too long and it will take many years of reseeding and extra fertilizer not say a lot of thatching to get rid of the dead wood that sucks up all the nutrients. While we might have a new landscaper he still uses the same old crew and supplier have moved out of town.

phasthound
01-21-2009, 02:13 PM
No slow dog

I think the lawn has been let go too long and it will take many years of reseeding and extra fertilizer not say a lot of thatching to get rid of the dead wood that sucks up all the nutrients. While we might have a new landscaper he still uses the same old crew and supplier have moved out of town.

Thanks for the new nickname. :waving:

Ric
01-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the new nickname. :waving:

Phasthound

I did not intended it as a Permanent nickname. I only was trying to make a point about the Ice Cream the American voter was sold. It takes the Cream of the crop and lots of Ice to churn Ice Cream and it does happen over night.

gregory
01-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Karl

Except for groceries I haven't been away from the space heat in a while. I expect my electric bill to be close to $ 150 this month. I have seen every Movie on every channel and have the cleanest house in history. We have one more night of low 30's and I am afraid I don't own enough long underwear to put on a clean set. So I will just be a stinky old guy. I have a cold that has dropped to my chest and I am taking all kinds of medicine for it. I think it is about time to retire and move south to the really warm weather.

lol i don't blame you ric.it was pretty cold.....i had patches of frost on my grass this morning when i got up yea it should warm up in the next day or so.....

DUSTYCEDAR
01-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Sissys its not cold down there

gregory
01-21-2009, 04:40 PM

bull **** its cold for us....we don't like our winters to go below 70 during the day.. it has gotten up to 52 today here.....yea i know we are sissy's

phasthound
01-21-2009, 05:23 PM

It's good to talk to you when you are being a wise man rather than a wise ass. I'm not being sarcastic. Your statement is right on target. It will take a great deal of work and time to get things right.

grassguy_
01-21-2009, 07:20 PM

GREAT VIEW PHASTHOUND! R
Really neat shot, but don't understand why so few ppl were at the Lincoln monument! LOL, Now there's a place with some serious acreage to treat!

phasthound
01-21-2009, 08:14 PM
GREAT VIEW PHASTHOUND! R
Really neat shot, but don't understand why so few ppl were at the Lincoln monument! LOL, Now there's a place with some serious acreage to treat!

You don't want the job, believe me. :)

Ric
01-21-2009, 08:22 PM
It's good to talk to you when you are being a wise man rather than a wise ass. I'm not being sarcastic. Your statement is right on target. It will take a great deal of work and time to get things right.

phasthound

At Least I am up front about about being a wise ass, just read my signature. But I don't consider myself a dumbie either.

lifetree
01-21-2009, 08:25 PM
... IMHO I think there is no way he can mess up our country worse than Dubba did.

I can think of a way, however, I'll keep it to myself !!

Ric
01-21-2009, 08:35 PM
bull **** its cold for us....we don't like our winters to go below 70 during the day.. it has gotten up to 52 today here.....yea i know we are sissy's

Gregory

It actually got up to 56 here and that gave me a chance to bundle up and go out for groceries. Right now I am debating whether to go out to my normal Wednesday night activity. BTW I had a customer-Friend call me today just to check on me. First thing she said was "Your not working today in this cold weather"

Now while we are giving the upper U S a good laugh, They have no idea how thin our blood is.

CHARLES CUE
01-21-2009, 08:40 PM
I dont think it was a good day unless you on welfare

phasthound
01-21-2009, 08:58 PM
phasthound

At Least I am up front about about being a wise ass, just read my signature. But I don't consider myself a dumbie either.

No doubt about it. I don't think anyone considers you a dummy either. Different opinions discussed openly leads to progress.

sprayboy
01-21-2009, 10:34 PM

That's funny...............We have not been above freeeeeeeeeezzzzzzing in some time now.

50 Degrees would be a major heat wave.

rcreech
01-21-2009, 11:27 PM
I dont think it was a good day unless you on welfare

Hear ya there!

I think we are screwed!

Hope the best for Barrack HUSSEIN Obama as it will be the best for us...but he will have to prove himself to me before I would support him too much!

Hope he does a good job!

phasthound
01-22-2009, 09:16 AM
What I love about America is that we can make a change in direction without bloodshed. At least at home.