PDA

View Full Version : Avg Cost per 1K for Fert/Squirt

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Am putting together at least preliminary costs for getting into Fert/Squirt this season. Based upon materials costs that I have as of now (of course subject to vary a little), I come out with my charge (matls+labor) at $6-$7 per 1K sq. feet for application. This is an average for Fert/Squirt/Combo visits.

My materials costs will probably be higher that the rest of you because I will be using granular fert. But my overhead may be less as I am a solo op, using backpack sprayer, etc.

So, for an avg 8K sq ft yard (typical resi around here), I would be looking to charge around $55/app.

So, is my cost per 1K ballpark?? #'s subject to change slightly, of course.

Jimmy1289
01-21-2009, 07:58 PM
In my opinion, it is best to charge a service charge per visit + a lower charge per 1,000 sq. ft. If not, a 2,000 sq. ft lawn would only be $16(too low). And a 30,000 sq. ft. lawn would be $ 240(too high)

whoopassonthebluegrass
01-21-2009, 08:10 PM
You need to start with a minimum of X dollars per lawn, regardless of size. Then use your square footage rule for any above and beyond your chosen minimum yard size.

For example:

All lawns start at a minimum of $50. This can be the base price for up to 5k of grass. THEN add your $$/k on top of the $50...

This is to cover your non-chemical costs. It covers the cell phone, the postage, the printer, the software, the insurance, etc...

grassguy_
01-21-2009, 08:28 PM
As Whoopassonbluegrass says, you better to go that route and his etc.... also means, truck payments, fuel costs, vehicle depreciation, taxes both sales and payroll, licensing, worker's comp, marketing and sales materials, uncollectable accounts........just to name a few.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-21-2009, 10:22 PM
You need to start with a minimum of X dollars per lawn, regardless of size. Then use your square footage rule for any above and beyond your chosen minimum yard size.

For example:

All lawns start at a minimum of $50. This can be the base price for up to 5k of grass. THEN add your $$/k on top of the $50...

This is to cover your non-chemical costs. It covers the cell phone, the postage, the printer, the software, the insurance, etc...

Thanks - and yes I agree (and forgot to mention) I DO plan to have a minimum charge. Sounds like I am on the right track....just forgot to mention an important detail.