PDA

View Full Version : Gps

CHARLES CUE
01-21-2009, 08:31 PM
I see gps speedometer were brought up again you guy that have the Z sprays that have the forerunner 101 on them how do they work i used a garmin last year one thats made for your car and the speedo part is all over the place at 4 to 5 mile range not to good at low speeds i was told they only check every 3 ft i was wondering the forerunner does better at telling the MPH because it is made for walking / biking or you get the same thing
Thanks Charles Cue

Ric
01-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Charles

I use a conventional Bicycle speedometer with a magnet on the wheel. Because of the smaller wheels I don't get a true reading. But I have calculated the actual speed and it works well for me. I am only looking to maintain a constant speed.

BTW I got that Idea from right here on Lawnsite. Like I posted before a few years back there were a lot of posts about home made Spread N Sprays.

CHARLES CUE
01-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Charles

I use a conventional Bicycle speedometer with a magnet on the wheel. Because of the smaller wheels I don't get a true reading. But I have calculated the actual speed and it works well for me. I am only looking to maintain a constant speed.

BTW I got that Idea from right here on Lawnsite. Like I posted before a few years back there were a lot of posts about home made Spread N Sprays.

Thanks Ric i have seen you post this before and is a great idea and probably better than GPS and more steady but in my situation right now not for me but thank you
Charles Cue

rcreech
01-21-2009, 11:20 PM
I have two of the Forerunner 101's and they work great!

They are very accurate on speed...but not so much on distance. They are close on distance but are usually off about 1-2 ft most of the time!

Can get them cheap on ebay!

ZSpray Info
01-22-2009, 08:26 AM
I have two of the Forerunner 101's and they work great!

They are very accurate on speed...but not so much on distance. They are close on distance but are usually off about 1-2 ft most of the time!

Can get them cheap on ebay!

Here at LT Rich this is almost exactly what we have determined as well, very accurate for speed, but the distance can be a little off. It is still pretty decent ot mark off a perimeter to get square footage.

When you do use these for a ride-on, be sure you change the Forerunner 101 to biking mode. When we receive ours they are factory set to running mode.

Ric
01-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks Ric i have seen you post this before and is a great idea and probably better than GPS and more steady but in my situation right now not for me but thank you
Charles Cue

Charles

After reading the posts above and googling the Forerunner 101, I admit my bicycle speedometer it old school. While I have 3 different measuring wheels. I can see one Forerunner 101 replacing them as well as two speedometers. I am sorry I offered bad advice, but glad to learn new technology.

turfsolutions
01-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Which handle mount accessory would you recommend to mount it to the z spray? They have a few to choose from.

CHARLES CUE
01-23-2009, 02:33 PM
thanks all for the response i will now order one and leave the gammin to road hunting
Ric not bad advice i just need to move the speedometer from one tractor to another and i find it hard to drill holes in a new tractor
Charles Cue

ZSpray Info
01-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Which handle mount accessory would you recommend to mount it to the z spray? They have a few to choose from.

Garmin's part numer is 010-10482-00