PDA

View Full Version : Irrigation blueprint accepted by a Texas city

LawnMastersTx
01-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Hey guys, I figured with all this talk about the new laws in Texas, that I would post my first blueprint that was accepted by the city of Weatherford. They just copied the new TECQ rules and just pasted them into an ordinance. What do you guys think? Second page with the specs is hard to read due to the program i use, it doesn't make getting a picture for the Internet easy, but it prints perfect. Btw this is only the second blueprint that I have ever done for an install.

Waterit
01-22-2009, 12:05 AM
How long this take you to produce?

LawnMastersTx
01-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Took me about an forty-five minutes to do it. Lucky for me I was able to use the survey of the property to speed things up. Rest was just point and click.

hoskm01
01-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Looks good to me. Program?

LawnMastersTx
01-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Looks good to me. Program?

Yeah, one that Peter mentioned AMC was giving a training for back in December or maybe November. Cant remember, slept since then.

Sprinkus
01-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Hmmm, 1804's and no multistrand........looks good to me!
Well done!

EagleLandscape
01-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Whats with the square spacing on the heads on the left?

DanaMac
01-22-2009, 09:28 AM

Do you prefer triangular? I've had guys teaching the design classes and audit classes go back and forth on the square vs. triangular design.

AI Inc
01-22-2009, 09:40 AM
6/1 ,1/2 dozen the other.

LawnMastersTx
01-22-2009, 10:18 AM

Square spacing is what my class mainly talked about when they were going over designs. They mentioned the triangle spacing, but spent most of the time on square.

Those Rotary Nozzles on the side are the only turf sprays that I will use. They look beautiful, save on water, works with lower PSI, and sets me apart from other installers in the area. Plus its only a dollar more a nozzle than the normal ones.

Anyone know if they are working on a Van rotary nozzle?

hoskm01
01-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Square spacing is what my class mainly talked about when they were going over designs. They mentioned the triangle spacing, but spent most of the time on square.

Those Rotary Nozzles on the side are the only turf sprays that I will use. They look beautiful, save on water, works with lower PSI, and sets me apart from other installers in the area. Plus its only a dollar more a nozzle than the normal ones.

I think they call it a MP Rotator (90-210) or (210-270)...

J/k. If RB isnt working on one, they certainly should.

Why not 6" pops? 20 year grass height?

hoskm01
01-22-2009, 11:25 AM

I think they call it a MP Rotator (90-210) or (210-270)...

J/k. If RB isnt working on one, they certainly should.

Why not 6" pops? 20 year grass height?

Mike Leary
01-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Whiskey in your coffee, this morning, Matt?

hoskm01
01-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Whiskey in your coffee, this morning, Matt?
Kahlua. Pint night up the street, thatll round out the day.

DanaMac
01-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Kahlua. Pint night up the street, thatll round out the day.

Don't tempt me....

FIMCO-MEISTER
01-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Very nice marcus. Does the program allow for running the lines where the trencher would go as opposed to just connecting the dots? I'm on a iPhone so I'll have to comment more later but I'm going to bring this thread back. Brisket tacos for breakfast then I'm going to spend the day fishing from the banks of the blackwater river.

hoskm01
01-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Don't tempt me....
Isnt that what winter is for?

Mike Leary
01-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Isnt that what winter is for?

Keeps the blood thick for those long winter nights. :drinkup:

irrig8r
01-24-2009, 01:18 PM
So, again, what program did you use to generate that plan?

LawnMastersTx
01-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Very nice marcus. Does the program allow for running the lines where the trencher would go as opposed to just connecting the dots? I'm on a iPhone so I'll have to comment more later but I'm going to bring this thread back. Brisket tacos for breakfast then I'm going to spend the day fishing from the banks of the blackwater river.

Brisket tacos and fishing, sounds like a great day right there. Its about 31 degrees here with the wind chill in the twenties, cold for us Texans.

You can put the lines where ever you want them, but they have to connect to the "dots" in some way or you will get an error when running the hydraulics testing. Program is very flexible.

Pro Contractor Studio is the program. I love it for the most part, and at just $30.00 a month you cant complain. It is nice not having a $1,200 upfront cost. If anyone wants to know anything else about it just ask.

hoskm01
01-24-2009, 02:08 PM
I was just watching the demo for the software. Looks pretty simple.

You can tell they are from TX.

Valves in the middle of the yard. The guy sounds like Milton from Office Space.

Mike Leary
01-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Valves in the middle of the yard. The guy sounds like Milton from Office Space.

They all have stock in the 6" Pit Box Company.

TRILAWNCARE
01-24-2009, 02:28 PM
You can put the lines where ever you want them, but they have to connect to the "dots" in some way or you will get an error when running the hydraulics testing. Program is very flexible.

Does it calculate flows and spec pipe size for the mainline, laterals, space head according to distance and coverage, ect. Or do you need to calculate all of these elements?

dlee1996
01-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Does it calculate flows and spec pipe size for the mainline, laterals, space head according to distance and coverage, ect. Or do you need to calculate all of these elements?

It does all the calculations for you. It is a cool program.

DanaMac
01-24-2009, 02:31 PM
They all have stock in the 6" Pit Box Company.

I still don't get why they can't use at least 10" to allow for some easier access. 6" should be used for mainline/manifold drains only. Or maybe a field splice in the wiring.

FIMCO-MEISTER
01-24-2009, 04:56 PM
I still don't get why they can't use at least 10" to allow for some easier access. 6" should be used for mainline/manifold drains only. Or maybe a field splice in the wiring.

Access for what?

Mike Leary
01-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Access for what?

I spent too much time last season making sense of a multiple 13-strand splice that was in a 10". I'd go standard were I to do it again.

DanaMac
01-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Access for what?

Servicing and replacing a valve with enough room for hands, wrenches, etc. It looks tacky to me having a valves stuffed in such a small box.

Mike Leary
01-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Boy, they're getting a little huffy down there. ::::Cancels Wingfield's job offer:::::