PDA

View Full Version : Prequalifying Potential Customers

heygrassman
02-28-2002, 09:14 PM
I am attaching a copy of a phone script that I put together in an attempt to prequalify the intention of a customer. Is there anything I may be missing?

jf

1MajorTom
02-28-2002, 09:26 PM
I always ask where they are located early on in the conversation.
For lawn maintenance we select certain areas to work in, and don't choose to be in some parts.
(If we aren't home and the message is left on the answering machine, I always look up their address using "reverse look-up" online before calling.) Just knowing where they are located really helps in screening the calls.

Also for lawn maintenance, I ask how often they like to have their grass cut. I can tell a serious homeowner that cares about their grass from their answer. "Oh, once or maybe twice a month", is not the answer we are looking for.

RoyeDillon
03-01-2002, 12:00 AM
Go to thread nuber about 60-70 & there is another one on prequailifying. Good luck let us know how it works.

LAWNGODFATHER
03-01-2002, 11:53 AM
Do you have doctors in Columbus Ohio?

The rest sounds pretty good, but impersonal. Sounds to much like it is being read. Trust me you can tell.

Think like you are talking to someone.

I printed it off and may try to tweek it a little. If I do I'll send it back to you.

Thread number 70 or so is actually closer to number 50,000.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25117&highlight=prequalifying+customers

NJemerald
03-02-2002, 02:54 AM
Have you used this list yet???
I agree with LGF, Way too mechanical!...
I would just make a list of things you look for, wants, areas to be in and check them off as you "casually" speak with potential clients.
I've NEVER had two phone conversations go the same way myself...
:D