PDA

View Full Version : starting up new business, again!

Naturalturf
01-22-2009, 04:02 PM
I am starting up my lawn and shrub care business after a 9 year hiatus due to the recent economic crisis... most of my old customers were about and hour away (got them from referals when I was working in that area) so I would like to stay local. Any suggetions on how to get some customers, I can run an ad but not sure how that will work, would prefer to network. I have a good IPM program that has great results,.
Didn't have this type of network when I was in business before, this is great.

DLAWNS
01-22-2009, 05:40 PM
I am starting up my lawn and shrub care business after a 9 year hiatus due to the recent economic crisis... most of my old customers were about and hour away (got them from referals when I was working in that area) so I would like to stay local. Any suggetions on how to get some customers, I can run an ad but not sure how that will work, would prefer to network. I have a good IPM program that has great results,.
Didn't have this type of network when I was in business before, this is great.

I would say canvas a few areas either with fliers or direct mail to focus on certain areas. Welcome to the site and good luck!

RigglePLC
01-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Hand out brochures door to door. Its a lot of walking. Knock on as many doors as you can. Offer free analysis or some other freebie to get their interest. And you could also have sales brochures mailed of course. Mailing companies will do this for you--but now is a rather late start. Cactus mailers is the only one that comes to mind--but I saw some negative comments about the quality of their lists recently--be sure you don't pay for brochures that get mailed to apartments or mobile home parks.