PDA

View Full Version : Malm's Lawn & Pest Control

Malm's Lawn&Pest Control
01-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone,

My name is Kyle and I am from NW Iowa. I am currently enrolled at Iowa State University for Agricultural Business. My father worked full-time while doing small commercial cleaning jobs when i was in high school. He took over a small one-man pest control company two years ago and he got more business than expected. Therefore he quit his job and started running his business full-time. He provides a variety of services such as carpet cleaning/hard surface floor care, pest control inside and out for all insects and rodents, janitorial services for professional businesses and of course lawn care services. He is really busy between spring and fall but winter is slow. He bought two snow blowers this winter and started moving snow which has been pretty decent. I became interested in his business just this past year and surprised him at Christmas this year with my pesticides license. I am really interested in the lawn and pest control aspect of his operation. My dream/goal is to move home this summer and help him specialize and market the lawn and pest control services and see if we can really get something going. Sorry for the long story but feel free to post all your thoughts and comments (good and bad).

-Kyle

DLAWNS
01-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Good luck with it and welcome to Lawnsite. I look forward to talking with you in the future.

qserve
01-23-2009, 11:11 PM
The best of luck to you Kyle. I can assure you that your dad is very proud of you and would truly enjoy having you involved in the business. You could be a great asset in taking it to the next level.