PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Predictions

hoskm01
01-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Ive got high hopes for my hometown team to take it for the first time, ever.
I also have high hopes that Boots will lose the sig this year.

So, the Super Bowl Pool.

Ive got Cards by 10.

Never tried the poll thing before, heres a go!

And some inspirational pictures from the AZ talent.

http://artmoss.free.fr/bla/wp-content/cardinals-cheerleader.jpg

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40891000/jpg/_40891602_nfl_300.jpg

http://www.sedona.biz/sedonataste2.jpg

AI Inc
01-23-2009, 07:27 AM
Well I dont understand how the Steelers ( or cards ) could win by being down 10 , but I voted for Steelers by + 10

Sprinkus
01-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Well I dont understand how the Steelers ( or cards ) could win by being down 10 , but I voted for Steelers by + 10

Ummm, those appear to be "less than" and "greater than" symbols. So it would mean by less than 10 points or more than 10 points. ;)

AI Inc
01-23-2009, 08:08 AM
Yeah I kinda figured that out after I posted

AI Inc
01-23-2009, 08:09 AM
I dont see the Steelers letting Larry Fitzgerald running where ever he wants to. Im predicting a blowout by Pitt.

Az Gardener
01-23-2009, 08:21 AM
A blow out would require one team to score in excess of 20 points more than the opponent. Steelers rarely score 20 to begin with and the cards never get shut out. My prediction is Cards 27 Steelers 7

AI Inc
01-23-2009, 08:27 AM
A blow out would require one team to score in excess of 20 points more than the opponent. Steelers rarely score 20 to begin with and the cards never get shut out. My prediction is Cards 27 Steelers 7

So that 47-7 beatdown New England gave them in week 16 was a double blowout?

Wet_Boots
01-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Let us include the final score, if you want to acquire the bragging rights that I currently (and ever so humbly) possess. Steelers 27, Cardinals 18

AI Inc
01-23-2009, 08:36 AM
18 , wow I quess you do see some funny things happening in this game , a safety, or maybe a 2 point conversion?

Tom Tom
01-23-2009, 08:46 AM
cards 31
steelers 17

AI Inc
01-23-2009, 08:53 AM
And what is Ar record playing teams in the east?

DanaMac
01-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Steelers 31 - at least one touchdown by the defense
Cards 20 - 3 picks thrown by Warner, but still throws 300+ yards

hoskm01
01-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Let us include the final score, if you want to acquire the bragging rights that I currently (and ever so humbly) possess. Steelers 27, Cardinals 18
My apologies. I meant for final score to be included in a reply. I forgot my own.

24-14. Cards.

Az Gardener
01-23-2009, 07:58 PM
So that 47-7 beatdown New England gave them in week 16 was a double blowout?

Coach addressed that with the local media here just the other day. He said it was a traveling bye week :dizzy: (yea go figure). He couldn't very well just not show up so he instructed the team to just fall down prior to getting hit so as not to tire or injure themselves :laugh: as that game had no consequence for the team. The man is a genius :clapping:.

See, even in a bye week we can score at least one touchdown.:waving:

bicmudpuppy
01-23-2009, 08:35 PM
The only thing I would be sure about is that one of them will show up and the other will not. Game will be lopsided and the best parts will again be the commercials. A bunch of extremely overpaid individuals will forget what it is they are supposed to get paid for, and another group of extremely overpaid individuals will take supreme advantage of that and make even more money next season. If it was the St. Louis Cards playing, I could cheer red. Since the only other choice is Pitt, I will probably still cheer red :)

hoskm01
01-23-2009, 09:30 PM
The only thing I would be sure about is that one of them will show up and the other will not. Game will be lopsided and the best parts will again be the commercials. A bunch of extremely overpaid individuals will forget what it is they are supposed to get paid for, and another group of extremely overpaid individuals will take supreme advantage of that and make even more money next season. If it was the St. Louis Cards playing, I could cheer red. Since the only other choice is Pitt, I will probably still cheer red :)
Well, God bless you for the support.

These words are probably too true. I hope for a good battle, but victorious for the birds, not the thieves.

OUTLANDER
01-23-2009, 11:40 PM
these posts are getting rediculous......trying to come across all proper, but just sounding rediculous........i think the steelers did this before (roll through the playoffs, with authority i mean as they are this time....beating some pretty impressive teams along the way, and in a pretty impressive way)IMO if these cards pull it off it will only be due to a steeler loss to themselves, or one heck of a luck streak.........anyways us steeler fans are pretty confident, and with a W or L this team has givin us the right to be:weightlifter:

bicmudpuppy
01-24-2009, 01:20 AM
Well, God bless you for the support.

These words are probably too true. I hope for a good battle, but victorious for the birds, not the thieves.

I'd cheer for ALMOST anybody but. I'm from the era where we cheered for Kenny, not Terry :) Well, the black shirt group did the opposite, but that ain't right. Only time I will holler favorably for the wrong team is when they play the TX girls. Two favorite teams..............anybody who beats Pit and anybody who plays Dallas :)

And I do realize my stripes haven't seen the positive side of a season in a VERY long time :(

hoskm01
01-24-2009, 01:36 AM
these posts are getting rediculous......trying to come across all proper, but just sounding rediculous........i think the steelers did this before (roll through the playoffs, with authority i mean as they are this time....beating some pretty impressive teams along the way, and in a pretty impressive way)IMO if these cards pull it off it will only be due to a steeler loss to themselves, or one heck of a luck streak.........anyways us steeler fans are pretty confident, and with a W or L this team has givin us the right to be:weightlifter:
Theyre so good, they cant just lose to a better team?

OUTLANDER
01-24-2009, 02:29 AM
Theyre so good, they cant just lose to a better team?

explain a better team

Mike Leary
01-24-2009, 09:41 AM
explain a better team

Whoever wins.

Kiril
01-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Patriots by 40

hoskm01
01-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Whoever wins.
My words exactly.

irrig8r
01-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Equal time for Steelers cheerleaders.

http://blog.epromos.com/archives/steelers-promos.jpg

DanaMac
01-24-2009, 12:40 PM

I just threw up my waffle a little bit in my mouth. Thanx.

irrig8r
01-24-2009, 12:42 PM
I just threw up my waffle a little bit in my mouth. Thanx.

You're welcome. I changed the pic though....

DanaMac
01-24-2009, 12:45 PM
You're welcome. I changed the pic though....

Thanx. That one is half as bad as the first.

hoskm01
01-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Glad I missed the first

Wet_Boots
01-24-2009, 01:16 PM
We'll put it back for you.....

http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:L4ryH1N8HDiT0M:http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/erock311aa/NewSteelersCheerleaders1.jpg

OUTLANDER
01-24-2009, 01:19 PM

http://blog.epromos.com/archives/steelers-promos.jpg

thats ok irrig8r that pic is fine...cards fans just mad cuz their cheerleaders dont know what to cheer for, never had that opportunity, untill ofcourse they picked up some of the local pittsburgh talent to their team.........thats what would make this one (6th) soooo special hahaha wisenpunt LOL

hoskm01
01-24-2009, 01:19 PM
We'll put it back for you.....

http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:L4ryH1N8HDiT0M:http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/erock311aa/NewSteelersCheerleaders1.jpg
That's wrong!

DanaMac
01-24-2009, 01:21 PM
thats ok irrig8r that pic is fine...cards fans just mad cuz their cheerleaders dont know what to cheer for, never had that opportunity, untill ofcourse they picked up some of the local pittsburgh talent to their team.........thats what would make this one (6th) soooo special hahaha wisenpunt LOL

Damn. Steelers fans are starting to sound as bad as Cowboy and Yankee fans. No humility, arrogant SOBs.

OUTLANDER
01-24-2009, 01:21 PM
That's wrong!

yet so right LMAO

DanaMac
01-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanx Boots. I got to taste my waffles for the 3rd time this morning

OUTLANDER
01-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Damn. Steelers fans are starting to sound as bad as Cowboy and Yankee fans. No humility, arrogant SOBs.

yea thats too bad huh?

DanaMac
01-24-2009, 01:28 PM
yea thats too bad huh?

Nice comeback little Johnny. When's recess?

OUTLANDER
01-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Nice comeback little Johnny. When's recess?

did you not just list the steelers in the same sentence or category with other winning teams even you know of?....hahahahahhha nuff said little one:confused:

DanaMac
01-24-2009, 01:33 PM
did you not just list the steelers in the same sentence or category with other winning teams even you know of?....hahahahahhha nuff said little one:confused:

Winning should not equate to arrogance. Especially since you aren't on the field.

Wet_Boots
01-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Steelers fans can repeat this little mantra ~

"One for the thumb in '81"

DanaMac
01-24-2009, 01:35 PM
I think now I will pull for the Cardinals.

Not that it makes a difference.............

OUTLANDER
01-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Winning should not equate to arrogance. Especially since you aren't on the field.

then why does winning result in a defensive stand point for steeler fans when all can see, but not admit when the steelers are good (foolish pride? )

hoskm01
01-24-2009, 01:39 PM
U must be the coach.

No?

Back to the lawnmower forum for you.

Mike Leary
01-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Sprinkler guys are underdogs, why not support the Cards?

OUTLANDER
01-24-2009, 01:41 PM
U must be the coach.

No?

Back to the lawnmower forum for you.

no sorry we dont have another one for sale LOL

hoskm01
01-24-2009, 01:41 PM
then why does winning result in a defensive stand point for steeler fans when all can see, but not admit when the steelers are good (foolish pride? )
Are they good? Sure they are. But so are the Cards, or any two teams that make it to the Bowl.

Get over yourself and "your" team.

DanaMac
01-24-2009, 01:45 PM

I'll admit the Steelers are better on paper. I do see them winning. But the arrogance of grown men sports fans is ridiculous. I was born and bred a Red Sox fan, and will admit the Yankees are a longtime better team. But I stopped being an arrogant fan when I was a teenager.

And making cracks at the cheerleaders not knowing what to cheer for? Come on. juvenile at best.

hoskm01
01-24-2009, 01:47 PM
I'll admit the Steelers are better on paper. I do see them winning. But the arrogance of grown men sports fans is ridiculous. I was born and bred a Red Sox fan, and will admit the Yankees are a longtime better team. But I stopped being an arrogant fan when I was a teenager.

And making cracks at the cheerleaders not knowing what to cheer for? Come on. juvenile at best.
Fitting, coming from a juvenille.

OUTLANDER
01-24-2009, 01:50 PM

cmon man, i just take the opportunity to play at recess here for awhile...LOL:walking:

DanaMac
01-24-2009, 01:52 PM
cmon man, i just take the opportunity to play at recess here for awhile...LOL:walking:

You've also gotta recognize, most of us in the Irrigation forum are arrogant SOBs. :)

Trying to bust your chops man. But yes, Steelers fans can be as bad as Yankee fans

OUTLANDER
01-24-2009, 01:53 PM
but please do explain what an arrogant fan is, i truly do not know if that is what steelers fans are even capable of

Mike Leary
01-24-2009, 01:53 PM
You've also gotta recognize, most of us in the Irrigation forum are arrogant SOBs. :)

First truth I've heard in months.

DanaMac
01-24-2009, 02:01 PM
but please do explain what an arrogant fan is, i truly do not know if that is what steelers fans are even capable of

hey - at least you're not an Eagles fan. :)

Arrogance in sports is usually attained when a fan uses "WE" all the time. WE are so much better than YOU. Been on the field lately? Held a clip board and sent in plays today? Or demeaning the other fans for being a loyal follower even though their team hasn't had much championship success. Stating 6th super bowl, blah blah blah

Or Yankee fans not recognizing that their team has all the means in the country to out pay for good players, and if KC or Milwaukee spent what NY does, those teams would be asking for bailout money.

hoskm01
01-24-2009, 02:08 PM
First truth I've heard in months.
And you even listen to your own words!

OUTLANDER
01-24-2009, 02:13 PM
hey - at least you're not an Eagles fan. :)

Arrogance in sports is usually attained when a fan uses "WE" all the time. WE are so much better than YOU. Been on the field lately? Held a clip board and sent in plays today? Or demeaning the other fans for being a loyal follower even though their team hasn't had much championship success. Stating 6th super bowl, blah blah blah

Or Yankee fans not recognizing that there team has all the means in the country to out pay for good players, and if KC or Milwaukee spent what NY does, those teams would be asking for bailout money.

yea gotta admit the we thing does happen, but just thought that came from being a lifelong loyal fan, and of course you dont know me, but if you did you'd know by saying "we" i'm talking about the steelers.(and something i can't stand is bandwagon jumpers. notice these folks dont say "we" cuz that would refer to who's winning at the time)....i think people are starting to forget this is a game for our enjoyment as well, ......anyways isn't that the objective of games, to get into it, excited, intreaged, hoop and holler LOL

OUTLANDER
01-24-2009, 02:16 PM
yea gotta admit the we thing does happen, but just thought that came from being a lifelong loyal fan, and of course you dont know me, but if you did you'd know by saying "we" i'm talking about the steelers.(and something i can't stand is bandwagon jumpers. notice these folks dont say "we" cuz that would refer to who's winning at the time)....i think people are starting to forget this is a game for our enjoyment as well, ......anyways isn't that the objective of games, to get into it, excited, intreaged, hoop and holler LOL

and that is the answer to the word usually in your post

DanaMac
01-24-2009, 02:18 PM

I know. and I'm being a jackass for some reason. Oh yeah, it's Saturday. One of my 5 days in the week for it. "We" in the irrigation forum have a bad rep for running out other LS members who post here out of the blue.

Good luck. Go Steelers. Or Cards...... :)

Wet_Boots
01-24-2009, 02:22 PM
true Steelers fans possess the humility that comes with knowing that only their first Superbowl win was a walkover

OUTLANDER
01-24-2009, 02:23 PM
I know. and I'm being a jackass for some reason. Oh yeah, it's Saturday. One of my 5 days in the week for it. "We" in the irrigation forum have a bad rep for running out other LS members who post here out of the blue.

Good luck. Go Steelers. Or Cards...... :)

yea good luck to both these teams, they both do deserve to be there...we all seen that............wish here in ohio saturday meant a day off for this, but we're in a deep freeze, and who knows how long it will last

OUTLANDER
01-24-2009, 02:24 PM
true Steelers fans possess the humility that comes with knowing that only their first Superbowl win was a walkover

what would be exciting about football if it was all walkovers?

bicmudpuppy
01-25-2009, 12:49 AM
Ive got high hopes for my hometown team to take it for the first time, ever.

Is the AZ franchise now old enough to make a bold statement like this? The Card Franchise is, but their HISTORY would be St. Louis. Cards were always my second choice in both Football and Baseball. Really hit down low to see them leave. It did hit a lot harder to hear the words St. Louis RAMS??WTF? right?

hoskm01
01-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Is the AZ franchise now old enough to make a bold statement like this? The Card Franchise is, but their HISTORY would be St. Louis. Cards were always my second choice in both Football and Baseball. Really hit down low to see them leave. It did hit a lot harder to hear the words St. Louis RAMS??WTF? right?
Seeing as though I was 5 when they came to town, I feel comfortable making that statement.

D-backs in 99-00 or so, they too are the "hometown team"

OUTLANDER
01-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Seeing as though I was 5 when they came to town, I feel comfortable making that statement.

D-backs in 99-00 or so, they too are the "hometown team"

and this guy called me a juvenile....LMAO

hoskm01
01-25-2009, 11:45 AM
and this guy called me a juvenile....LMAO
Mental and physical states are different animals. I wasn't implying you were young, age wise.

OUTLANDER
01-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Mental and physical states are different animals. I wasn't implying you were young, age wise.

and a young Einstein as well

Wet_Boots
01-25-2009, 12:45 PM
"You are only young once, but you can be immature forever."

OUTLANDER
01-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Fitting, coming from a juvenille.
then you need to get it right how you use your english..............this phrase isn't stating someone acting juvenile.......nevermind, find myself here arguing with an immature kid again.........oh and yes that would be from a physical, and mental state there too

hoskm01
01-25-2009, 02:41 PM
then you need to get it right how you use your english..............this phrase isn't stating someone acting juvenile.......nevermind, find myself here arguing with an immature kid again.........oh and yes that would be from a physical, and mental state there too
Haha. Funny.

You being old, age-wise, doesn't make me immature.

Maybe if you could grasp the english language better, you'd have no problems with common use of it.

As boots said, you are young once, but you can be immature forever. A prime example you make.

OUTLANDER
01-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Haha. Funny.

You being old, age-wise, doesn't make me immature.

Maybe if you could grasp the english language better, you'd have no problems with common use of it.

As boots said, you are young once, but you can be immature forever. A prime example you make.

my bad young buck hahahaha

OUTLANDER
01-25-2009, 03:53 PM
anyways any more predictions on this superbowl?

hoskm01
01-25-2009, 03:53 PM
my bad young buck hahahaha
Awkward...

Mike Leary
01-25-2009, 03:56 PM
::::::::adds Outlander to iggy::::::::::

OUTLANDER
01-25-2009, 03:56 PM
i'd say......... steelers 27 -cards 21

OUTLANDER
01-25-2009, 03:59 PM
::::::::adds Outlander to iggy::::::::::

heard about you irrigation pro's or whatever being arrogant, and trying to give folks a hard time hahaha......

hoskm01
01-25-2009, 04:17 PM
i'd say......... steelers 27 -cards 21

All mockery and kidding aside, Im surprised you call it that close.

heard about you irrigation pro's or whatever being arrogant, and trying to give folks a hard time hahaha......

And you thought the reputation was a joke?

OUTLANDER
01-25-2009, 04:24 PM
All mockery and kidding aside, Im surprised you call it that close.

And you thought the reputation was a joke?

unless steelers defense start scoring:cool2:...which is very possible, but cards do have a few aces up their sleeve

hoskm01
01-25-2009, 04:33 PM
unless steelers defense start scoring:cool2:...which is very possible, but cards do have a few aces up their sleeve
I hope its 4 full quarters of close-quarters battle. Cards to win, of course.!

Mike Leary
01-25-2009, 04:58 PM

Yup, that's job one around here.

hoskm01
01-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Removed Rant.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Mike Leary
01-25-2009, 05:33 PM
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

It's the creosote smell, does wonders.

Marcos
01-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Super Bowl XLIII...............
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

ZZZZzzz....

ZZZZzzz....

ZZZZzzz....

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

hoskm01
01-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Ok........

hoskm01
01-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Whats the difference between a Pittsburgh Steeler and a Catholic School-boy?

Nothing, they're both going to get screwed by a Cardinal on Sunday.

Az Gardener
01-30-2009, 11:33 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Ouch! The truth hurts. Go Cards :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: The football team, not the Catholic child molesters :nono::nono:

OUTLANDER
01-31-2009, 12:09 PM

a pittsburgh steeler has 5 superbowl rings, and pretty sure a catholic school-boy does not.......anyways why is this catholic school-boy thing tickle your fancy, thats just sick:nono:

Marcos
01-31-2009, 12:10 PM
To hell with the Steelers and the Cardinals!

Tomorrow night, Puppy Bowl IV on Animal Planet RULES !!! :weightlifter:

hoskm01
01-31-2009, 12:17 PM
a pittsburgh steeler has 5 superbowl rings, and pretty sure a catholic school-boy does not.......anyways why is this catholic school-boy thing tickle your fancy, thats just sick:nono:
And we all know that rings make the man.

Wet_Boots
01-31-2009, 12:17 PM
Tomorrow night, Puppy Bowl IV on Animal Planet RULES !Coming from a city of sick puppy pro teams, that's only fitting.

OUTLANDER
01-31-2009, 01:09 PM
Coming from a city of sick puppy pro teams, that's only fitting.

man, you guys out here in the desert, or at least west coast sure try to dig deep for something ingenious to come up with, but it just isn't working...dig...dig...dig:confused:

Marcos
01-31-2009, 01:12 PM
Tomorrow night, Puppy Bowl IV on Animal Planet RULES !

Coming from a city of sick puppy pro teams, that's only fitting.

To be totally frank, WB, I gave up caring a whole lot about the Bungals years and years ago.
I listen to the games...on the radio...the same way you'd listen to classical music, to pass the time of day on a Sunday while working or whatever.
The last game I personally attended was twenty years ago at Riverfront Stadium: the Bengal's 21-13 win over the Seahawks on New Years Day 1989, just before they beat Buffalo to win the AFC Championship the next week, only to get beat by the 49ers and Joe Montana (again) in Super Bowl XXIII.

If Mike Brown ( the Bengals' owner, and football legend Paul Brown's son) doesn't care about fielding a winning team, why should the fans or anyone ELSE care?

The Bengals have proven to be among the most profitable teams in the NFL year-in and year-out, DESPITE consistent pissy records like 4-12, 6-10, 9-7, 5-11.....and this year's 4-11-1.

So what's the real incentive to make a guy like Mike Brown to change his ways...with the way the NFL shares its profits and all?
The answer: NOTHING!

A lot of people around here are quietly wishing & hoping that Mike Brown ends up doing something ethically wrong in that he's forced to sell the Bengals to somebody else locally, or that he'll relinquish control to his daughter-in-law Katie Blackburn.
Blackburn's a woman who has shown definite signs in the past that she's got a firm grip on the concept that "winning" is a least common denominator in the business of running an NFL franchise.

Wet_Boots
01-31-2009, 01:34 PM
Bengals might've won a Superbowl if Stanley Wilson could've laid off the dope. Talk about your basic good timing.

Marcos
01-31-2009, 02:04 PM
Bengals might've won a Superbowl if Stanley Wilson could've laid off the dope. Talk about your basic good timing.

Yeah....That game was too close.
Ironically for fans in this town, BOTH of the Bengals-49ers Super Bowls ended up being among the most exciting Super Bowl games ever viewed, in terms of them being truly equally matched teams, not being lob-sided toward the end.

But, my sights are set on the REDS now.
This team's got an owner now in local produce mogul Bob Castellini that encompasses the best in everything: money, optimism, generosity, savvy, attitute, and realistic expectations.
And now we've got a championship-calibre general manager Walt Jocketty away from St. Louis. :clapping:

Frankly, getting rid of Griffey Jr. & Dunn was an absolute blessing! Those guys had to be locker room cancers, no doubt!
Look for Jocketty to maybe trade a little pitching away for a "surprise someone", a RIGHT-handed power hitter to help balance the overstock of lefties we've got.

Waterit
01-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Another sign of Armageddon:

Baseball in a football thread! Well, I never...

::::waits for the season to start so we have interesting things to post about that actually have something to do with irrigation::::

Marcos
01-31-2009, 03:50 PM
Another sign of Armageddon:

Baseball in a football thread! Well, I never...

::::waits for the season to start so we have interesting things to post about that actually have something to do with irrigation::::

Well....if this "football thread" was about a Super Bowl that had two teams worth the discussion, it'd be diff...!

Hey! Wait!
Here's something worth talking about!
I wonder which one of the Cardinal defensive linemen is going to be the 1st one to try to break Roethlisberger's knees off.....the 1st series of the game? ;)

Green Sweep
02-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Tomorrow night, Puppy Bowl IV on Animal Planet RULES !

If Mike Brown ( the Bengals' owner, and football legend Paul Brown's son) doesn't care about fielding a winning team, why should the fans or anyone ELSE care?

The Bengals have proven to be among the most profitable teams in the NFL year-in and year-out, DESPITE consistent pissy records like 4-12, 6-10, 9-7, 5-11.....and this year's 4-11-1.

So what's the real incentive to make a guy like Mike Brown to change his ways...with the way the NFL shares its profits and all?
The answer: NOTHING!

Thats exactly how Pittsburghers feel about our Pirates!

GO STEELERS!!

Wet_Boots
02-01-2009, 09:17 AM
the Pirates shall rise again

bicmudpuppy
02-01-2009, 01:55 PM
To hell with the Steelers and the Cardinals!

Tomorrow night, Puppy Bowl IV on Animal Planet RULES !!! :weightlifter:

and YOU are?????? WE get off topic here, but it is still a forum for IRRIGATION professionals.

hoskm01
02-01-2009, 08:42 PM
This, thus far, is a terrible game. Id rather root for the Stealers at this point...

(That was an intentional misspelling, so shove it up your azz.)

hoskm01
02-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Almost made it.

Oh well, hopefully next year. Almost a comeback.

hoskm01
02-01-2009, 10:16 PM
At least the 4th half of the 4th quarter was decent.

Yeah, thats what I said. So Shove it up your azz.

Stuttering Stan
02-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Great 4th quarter. I actually thought the Cards might pull it out. Damn Big Ben, great QB but I was rooting against him.

Wet_Boots
02-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Who won the Puppy Bowl?

bicmudpuppy
02-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Pitt deserved the win. We will hear about it from their fans for half past forever. I was glad to see it wasn't the blowout I was expecting. VERY disappointed in the sportsmanship. I "understand" the pileups and the battling, but several of the late unsportsmanlike calls warranted player removal in my poor humble opinion. As the parent of a HS athlete, I think not tolerating blatant maliciousness on the field should be the standard, and without two players who threw blatant, after action fists, the Steelers would most likely not be holding a trophy. If the franchise would toss one player in particular, for good, I could find some respect for the win.

Stuttering Stan
02-01-2009, 11:21 PM
. VERY disappointed in the sportsmanship. but several of the late unsportsmanlike calls warranted player removal in my poor humble opinion..

I agree. Sportsmanship was poor in this game. Kids see "idols" doing it so they think it's ok and just part of the game. Celebrations after a good play also contribute to the problem.

hoskm01
02-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Agreed. What a waste of most of a game.

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-02-2009, 07:07 AM
First SB in which I heard the whole game on the radio. What were the good commercials? Sounds to me like the Cards should be kicking themselves this morning.

DanaMac
02-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Steelers 31 - at least one touchdown by the defense
Cards 20 - 3 picks thrown by Warner, but still throws 300+ yards

Hey I was pretty close :)

DanaMac
02-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Ugly game. Great 4th qtr. Quite a few Steelers played like punks. Fitzgerald and Holmes were both incredible. Great defensive run back. Roth is clutch. Warner still has it. Running games were weak.

Wet_Boots
02-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Steelers 27-18 ~~ two out of three aint bad.

AI Inc
02-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Wasnt like I thought it would be

Wet_Boots
02-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Izzat the latest item on the Primanti Bros. menu?

Green Sweep
02-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Izzat the latest item on the Primanti Bros. menu?

Primanti Brothers is known outside of Pittsburgh??

Dripit good
02-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Interesting side note here in Detroit.......

EVERY TIME they showed Millen and his commentary, the local NBC station continuously scrolled the bottom of the screen dogging him.

Something to the effect of Can the fans and people of Detroit ever forgive Matt Millen for turning the Lions into the worst football team ever. His credibility issues comes into play, bla, bla, bla....

Pretty big ball display knocking hard at a network analysis/commentator.

Lots of hard feelings for that fellow here. It's still hard to believe NBC has him in that position. Like I may have stated before, during his tenure here he avoided contact with the press and fans......now he's front and center in our faces. :cry:

DanaMac
02-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Primanti Brothers is known outside of Pittsburgh??

WetBoots is an international traveler via web worm holes. He knows all the hole in the wall places.

Wet_Boots
02-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Primanti Brothers is known outside of Pittsburgh??....if only as one more reason to stay away :p

Wet_Boots
02-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Interesting side note here in Detroit.......

EVERY TIME they showed Millen and his commentary, the local NBC station continuously scrolled the bottom of the screen dogging him.

Something to the effect of Can the fans and people of Detroit ever forgive Matt Millen for turning the Lions into the worst football team ever. His credibility issues comes into play, bla, bla, bla....

Pretty big ball display knocking hard at a network analysis/commentator.

Lots of hard feelings for that fellow here. It's still hard to believe NBC has him in that position. Like I may have stated before, during his tenure here he avoided contact with the press and fans......now he's front and center in our faces. :cry:http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1048/272402fullcn9.gif

Dripit good
02-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Nothing but the positive for us now......it can't possibly get worse! :laugh:

DanaMac
02-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Nothing but the positive for us now......it can't possibly get worse! :laugh:

I thought Detroit might be a good fit for Mike Shanahan. If he was given full reign and GM position as well. But maybe he feels he's too old to start fresh from the bottom.

What do you feel Detroit needs first? Franchise QB? Elite RB? Strong o-line? Mean defense? I think strengthen the o-line and defense this season a little more, and go for a top QB in 1-2 years. Don't throw a youngster in there as bad as they were this year.

Wet_Boots
02-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Build the lines first. Or have competent management, very first of all.

Dripit good
02-02-2009, 11:20 AM
I thought Detroit might be a good fit for Mike Shanahan. If he was given full reign and GM position as well. But maybe he feels he's too old to start fresh from the bottom.

What do you feel Detroit needs first? Franchise QB? Elite RB? Strong o-line? Mean defense? I think strengthen the o-line and defense this season a little more, and go for a top QB in 1-2 years. Don't throw a youngster in there as bad as they were this year.

I also thought Shanahan......but we still owe past "leadership" back to the Mariuchi(sp) era, so I'm sure this new head coach is at basement pricing. Ford could be still paying Fontes, who knows!

We need a strong QB, franchise player would be nice. More creative offense play calling, O-line and another running back. The 11 defensive linemen we kept didn't do squat this year so that needs overhauling. We don't know how to tackle and it's been a while since we had a great special team player.

We basically have a non-working/broken Toro system that needs upgrading on all components. :laugh:

DanaMac
02-02-2009, 11:32 AM
We basically have a non-working/broken Toro system that needs upgrading on all components. :laugh:

No wonder Shanahan passed.........

Dripit good
02-02-2009, 11:35 AM
For some reason we are keeping the GM who was trained under Millen. Shany would not get the control he requires.

We also need scouts who know WTF they are looking at.

DanaMac
02-02-2009, 11:37 AM
For some reason we are keeping the GM who was trained under Millen. Shany would not get the control he requires.

We also need scouts who know WTF they are looking at.

Didn't they draft 4 WRs in 4 years in the first round? Their drafting has been horrible.

All indications point to drafting QB Stafford from Georgia. I say trade the first pick for 2-3 this year and 1-2 next year.

Dripit good
02-02-2009, 11:46 AM
You are on to something there. Yes our first pick drafts don't pan out. We do better in the 3-7th rounds for some reason.

Even though the Wings are on a losing streak right now and the Tigers will do ???? this year, Detroit really is a great sports town with an amazing fan base.

DanaMac
02-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Next season we should do a fantasy football league with LS Irrigation guys. Remind me in the summer and I'll try to set it up, see who's interested.

Wet_Boots
02-02-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm done with football. Time to move on to the true sport of sports. Curling. :)

DanaMac
02-02-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm done with football. Time to move on to the true sport of sports. Curling. :)

Less than two weeks, pitchers and catchers report for spring training. :)

Wet_Boots
02-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Feh, New York baseball is all billionaires and buffoons. Me for the purity of the ice and brooms and the slowly moving stones.

http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:esPZ83_U2aMERM:http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/ENGLISH/exhibits/sports/pics/5717_curling_820.jpg

hoskm01
02-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Having played a fair amount of tabletop shuffleboard this winter, Im intrigued by curling.

Wet_Boots
02-02-2009, 07:12 PM
First time I saw televised curling on Canadian cable TV, I thought I was hallucinating.

bicmudpuppy
02-02-2009, 08:01 PM
OUCH, I TORO bash w/ the best of them on residential stuff, but at this level, you might compare them to a Hunter commercial turf/golf system. No functionality and lots of warranty issues :)