PDA

View Full Version : Buying stone direct...used these guys?

tthomass
01-23-2009, 12:20 AM
Got a few companies from the recent MANTS show. Anybody used these guys before?

Herb Kilmer & Sons
Geo. Schofield
Meshoppen Stone
Ayers Supply

All are in PA. I'm looking to buy a truck load (16 pallets) at a better rate vs local suppliers. A good $75-$100 per pallet less for say boulder steppers.

ANC Stone Creations
01-23-2009, 03:43 AM
tthomass,

I have purchased many, many truck loads of stone from Meshoppen Stone.

It is good stuff, and you get what you order!

We have them ship in a container to us via train, then truck from the train to us.

We unload with a forklift, long chain and pinch clamp with 2 guys in about 20 minutes or less.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

MC Handy Man
01-29-2009, 12:51 PM
how much does that cost you? minus the actuall cost of the stone.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
01-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Got a few companies from the recent MANTS show. Anybody used these guys before?

Herb Kilmer & Sons
Geo. Schofield
Meshoppen Stone
Ayers Supply

All are in PA. I'm looking to buy a truck load (16 pallets) at a better rate vs local suppliers. A good $75-$100 per pallet less for say boulder steppers.

I found these guys on ebay. They sell thier irreg blusestone for $225 a pallet which is 3500# or closer to 4000# he said. My cheapest local stone yard is $330 a ton. I'd love to buy a truckload but shipping to the midwest would kill me. Thier listed in the ebay stores under "STONE STORE BY BUD TRUCKING" List number for one item is Item number: 250209853992 Hopefully this is a good source for you eastern boy's.

ANC Stone Creations
01-30-2009, 11:38 AM
I think the shipping was like $800-$1000 to me in Washington State.

Not bad compared to the prices the stone yards wants for the material up here.

Meshoppen Stone has really nice material.
You get what you order from these guys.

I deal with a lot of Stone Quarries, lots of Quarries stack the pallet with the stone you order, plus a bunch of crap from the ground to make the pallet weigh what they said it would.

Good luck with your project!