PDA

View Full Version : Website Rebuild, I think I did good. What do you think

DynaMow
01-23-2009, 08:04 AM
Well this is the first site rebuild.

Winter time is great for these projects.

Check it out. Give me some feedback.

I really like the push pin pictures. What about you?

Do honest, I am a big boy, you are not going to hurt my feelings.

http://lesleinlawn.com/ (http://lesleinlawn.com/)

Thank you, for checking it out!!

Smitty58
01-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Site looks good to me. Looks like you do exactly what we do ,very diverse. I'd like to hear how well it works for you, juggling mowing and hardscape projects. My only suggestion for your site is to add other deck pics not just several of the same one. Other than that it looks great to me, I've been wanting to tweak mine.

gringo gardener
01-23-2009, 09:25 AM
as i have said before i really like the look that the black background gives to a site ... i also like the way that your contact page has uniformity to it !

Kiril
01-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Not great, but not horrible either.

Doesn't validate!
CSS issues causing problems with layout
Repetitive pictures
Look for alternatives for displaying full size images
Big fonts make your site look amateurish. Recommend you get rid of them.
dump the marquee
dump the slide show on the main page

Also, you might want to consider pulling those fence pics until you have a better example.

jblawns123
01-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Although I think Kiril is a little too brutally honest, I agree with everything he said... also the phone number is too low res and blocky, The photo pages are very slow to load... You do have a good amount of content though.

This Kiril knows his stuff from what I have seen, I could use some help on my site from him.

Kiril
01-23-2009, 11:32 AM
I could use some help on my site from him.

heh, like what specifically?

ritchiem
01-23-2009, 03:55 PM
have a look at your validation issues

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Flesleinlawn.com&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.606

Try and stay away from putting text (ie your phone number) in to graphic formats (gif's, jpgs, png, etc).

Your contact page is not working at the time of my post.

Scrolling text was great 10 years ago...makes your site look like someone made it who didn't know how to make it.

I think it is a really good step in the right direction to strengthening your online presence. Keep up the good work and take our criticisms in a positive manner to better your site.

Cheers,

PSTsmallengines
01-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Ok, now this is coming from a professional level man! I love your layout and love what you did, need to however improve on the banner and try to keep away from scrolling, it really didn't do anything for me.

keep it clean, and I love your phone number. good job!!!!

PSTsmallengines
01-24-2009, 09:13 PM
have a look at your validation issues

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Flesleinlawn.com&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.606

Try and stay away from putting text (ie your phone number) in to graphic formats (gif's, jpgs, png, etc).

Your contact page is not working at the time of my post.

Scrolling text was great 10 years ago...makes your site look like someone made it who didn't know how to make it.

I think it is a really good step in the right direction to strengthening your online presence. Keep up the good work and take our criticisms in a positive manner to better your site.

Cheers,I would have to agree with you on the scrolling, however his website works on all browsers, and is located in ranks pretty good. Having his phone number as a graphic is ok, because he can name that which ends up in the code. I looked at his code and he pretty much has covered a lot of areas, but yet his key words are a bit much, but powerful.

Not sure:cool2:

PSTsmallengines
01-24-2009, 09:18 PM
Not great, but not horrible either.

Doesn't validate!
CSS issues causing problems with layout
Repetitive pictures
Look for alternatives for displaying full size images
Big fonts make your site look amateurish. Recommend you get rid of them.
dump the marquee
dump the slide show on the main page

Also, you might want to consider pulling those fence pics until you have a better example.I can agree with some, but not all of this comment. I think this is better then some of the others I haved seen.

DynaMow
01-27-2009, 06:36 PM
wow, thanks guys good info.

Yes the phone number needed changed, did that, it does look better. Yes it is an image (gif, that made myself in photoshop(getting better))

Any suggestions as how to name it in code, as you state?

Think I took care of earlier mentioned ideas, not sure what some of those meant. I am no expert, but getting better.

yes some pictures need to go. I was having trouble getting contact page to work so I need to get back to those. thanks.

I like the font. I like the slide show.

Nobody like the scroll huh? Yeah I wasnt sure, It is kind of choppy, is that why? I like naming the cities right there, no?

To many keywords huh? Get rid of some. I was trying to cover everything.

now I also want to put text on all photo galleries and more on the area page.

PST thanks for the nice words, made me feel like I did something good. Though I appreciate the negative ones just as much, as long as they have substance. Which all here has. So thanks everybody.

I am still open to more opinions!!

Thanks,
Craig

DynaMow
01-27-2009, 06:38 PM
PST, what do you not like about the banner?

What do you like to see there?

Thanks

PSTsmallengines
01-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Here is how I see this, I like what you did with the banner, but to me it looks way to small, and the scrolling at the top just takes so much away from the website. I also noticed that you have a good idea about key words, but in any case if you want people to visit your site you have to really focus on your content of your website.

DynaMow
02-26-2009, 07:09 AM
changed the banner and a few other items.

I think it looks very nice, professional, easy to navigate.

PSTsmallengines
02-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Nice!!! Where have you been?????

mdvaden
02-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Might just be me, but I find the green letters hard to look at for long.

White on black is easier for my reading.

Like the green and black backgrounds.

Really like the gold phone number.

Bill S
03-01-2009, 10:18 AM
This site is a great improvement on your last site! Good work! Is it perfect, no. My site isn't perfect either yet it brings me a lot of work!

Now go service your equipment!

DynaMow
03-01-2009, 11:39 AM
This site is a great improvement on your last site! Good work! Is it perfect, no. My site isn't perfect either yet it brings me a lot of work!

Now go service your equipment!thank you sir.

yes it is getting time to do that service work, if it warms up some.

jblawns123
03-01-2009, 11:54 AM
I am liking it more, If I were to nit pick... The current specials splash looks like the text should be angled the other way... maybe thats just me it looks weird.

I don't like the nav buttons, to me they are preset looking... I dont think they are horrible, but they seem to suggest rookie design to me. Again... may just be me.

I like the layout, I like the colors etc... All in all its a nice site for sure. I love the pic for leaf cleanups with the dog... it looks like the dog is saying, "well are you going to come get these leaves or what? Every time I piss it splashes off the leaves and gets on my fir"

DynaMow
03-01-2009, 01:13 PM
I am liking it more, If I were to nit pick... The current specials splash looks like the text should be angled the other way... maybe thats just me it looks weird.

I don't like the nav buttons, to me they are preset looking... I don't think they are horrible, but they seem to suggest rookie design to me. Again... may just be me.

I like the layout, I like the colors etc... All in all its a nice site for sure. I love the pic for leaf cleanups with the dog... it looks like the dog is saying, "well are you going to come get these leaves or what? Every time I piss it splashes off the leaves and gets on my fir"thank you, I see that with the splash thing, good call, maybe it should go the other way

The nav buttons. They are preset, another good call, you do not like them? I thought they looked good and matched well. I have tried making my own but never came up with the look I like.

That dog, I hate that dog, sort of. When I am there it follows me around and barks the whole time, even if he is inside. I was able to pet him once, but he will not let me get close though.

He was rescued form a shelter, so he is skittish, but a beautiful dog.

Thanks for your input, and your site looks very nice.