PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Promotional Models for Home and Garden Shows>?

kootoomootoo
01-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Anyone Hire "Event/Promotional Models" for their display.
You know to hand out stuff.
Is their statistics that show they help.
Do they help sell more by drawing attention to the display given that guys are more likely to take even a week old sandwich from a hot chick.

Just a thought.

bigviclbi
01-24-2009, 12:37 AM
Now this is the first time that you could make an actual joke about mrusk, him being young and all wrapped up in landscaping I doubt he has time to chase the chix:laugh::laugh::laugh:Of course hire hot chix, There is no way you don't make your money back. Plus i want tons of pics............

kootoomootoo
01-24-2009, 01:08 AM
Now this is the first time that you could make an actual joke about mrusk, him being young and all wrapped up in landscaping I doubt he has time to chase the chix:laugh::laugh::laugh:Of course hire hot chix, There is no way you don't make your money back. Plus i want tons of pics............

Vic....maybe you can help me decide who I should hire.

ALLPro Landscaping
01-24-2009, 01:16 AM
I say go for it, I don't know much about this kind of advertising since im a small co, But I like the idea, I would love to see the wives faces when their husband goes to talk to a young hotti about their turf. Get some pics if you do this. GOOD LUCK

Lucky Star Lawn Care
01-24-2009, 02:27 AM
Just depends on what kind of customer you are tryn to attract.....now on the other hand more the better while wearing little and don't forget the after party at the house

ALLPro Landscaping
01-24-2009, 02:37 AM
I cant wait for the pic LOL

DVS Hardscaper
01-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Tough call.

In most cases, it's the female who has the ultimate say in who does their work.

So if the female in charge of the house hold is into chicks - then go for it. But if she's not - then that probably would not be a good idea.

Or, if it's a house with 2 guys......then they probably would not be phased.

Everyone loves a puppy! A puppy will please all! Just go find a puppy to use for the weekend and it'll draw quite a crowd.

kootoomootoo
01-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Puppy is a great idea.

Some of the ladies I have had apply will also draw a crowd....tough call.
I am sure I can incorporate both in design.

PatiosInstalled
01-24-2009, 02:55 PM
I would have to say that is would not be a good ideal. My experiences have been that the female of the house makes most of the financial decisions.
when i do home shows my fiance helps me out and i have her wear a very conservative polo and jean outfit. she does a fantastic job talking with the female patrons and i go over all the technical detail with the guy. i actually take her on estimates after the home show (if her works schedule permits) and i have landed every estimate that she has tagged along with. the guests at the home shows are looking for someone they can trust and relate to, its not a hot rod meet. take an intelligent, attractive female and you will see much more interest from prospective clients then if you had bikini girls. The puppy ideal is a fantastic ideal and i would do that if your expo allows animals.

kootoomootoo
01-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Like the puppy these girls arent getting paid to sell patios..just hand out stuff.

DUSTYCEDAR
01-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Sweater puppies r the best

Yard.Barber
01-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Hire one of each sex to hand things out.

Also just keep in mind the image of your company, nothing really offensive but professional

AintNoFun
01-24-2009, 06:23 PM
a home show i dont think so. but if it were a GC show or something with a lot of males i think you'd clean up!

STRINGALATION
01-25-2009, 10:44 PM
well well welll the rooster has come to roost. i can actually and honestly give kootoo my opinion/ help on something. i have found that when i set up a display that i wanted to talk to each and every person interested. i assume you are doing this for customers and i want to talk to each one. be aware i'm a solo operation with a small labor pool. but even still i like the personal touch. i fell if i have a sales amn i may be doing cookie cutter work. the puppy sounds good to get attention. will you be nstalling a raised bed and patio or something of the like. we chickened out on making one of the beds a pond with fish. good luck i truly hope i have helped

tatmkr
02-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Have to agree that the ife runs the show, besides these girls can't actually answer any questions. Damn, I love the puppy idea. Not sure how you can spin it though, maybe you can tell people you just got the puppy or partner with a rescue if the booth is large enough. Don't forget about the poop problem. I did have fish in a water feature a couple of years ago, the kids went nuts and it gave me an opportunity to spek with the parents. Make sure you have a candy bowl!

n2h20
02-12-2009, 12:33 PM
a home show i dont think so. but if it were a GC show or something with a lot of males i think you'd clean up!

I agree..
a garden show would be more families and couples.

AI Inc
02-12-2009, 12:36 PM
If you were selling to contractors like at NE grows or something , definatly. Selling to the public , I dont know , maybe something more family orientated. An overweight housewife may not even let her husband anywhere near your display.

Paver Gangster
02-15-2009, 12:46 PM
I can assure you that while I enjoy gawking at the birds as much as the next lad, tits and arse will sell you bugger all, you are better off not doing it at any trade show, we are selling concrete, not sex.

IF you are looking to go down that route, and you have a female that works for your company that can knowledgeably talk intelligently about your product, then by all means, a female in the booth will help put women visitors at ease.

Also, I know we are contractors, but have everyone in the booth dress like professionals. MATCHING Collared shirts, khakis, dress shoes, leave the spit cups and the food plates behind the table. Too often I see installers at these shows wearing sneakers, jeans, tee shirts and baseball hats, looking like a professional and not a piker in the booth will go a long way towards enhancing the company image, and will save you money on that stripper you were going to hire to pass out leaflets!

kootoomootoo
02-15-2009, 04:19 PM
last yr we had a cabana girl during the summer when it was hot ..she basically got us drinks when we felt like it,
sprayed one of those misting fans around, rest of the time just watched us watchin her....customers didnt seem to mind.

B & B Yardscape
02-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Went to a trade show and had the oppertunity to drive all the new side by side vehicles (polaris ranger, john deere gator, etc) The one with the 2 college girls had a line waiting to drive them. The others with the old, knowageable, men you could walk right up to and drive.

Would I do it? Probably not.

Would I have a puppy instead? Probably. Have my son hold the leash. While it drew in the wife and kids, I could talk to the husband. That would even work on two men or two women owning the home.

Good Luck

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
02-26-2009, 10:09 AM
A puppy would be a pain to keep from having accidents at the wrong times.

B & B Yardscape
02-27-2009, 11:31 AM
What about kittens in a basket?

The only problem I see would be someone walking off with one when you weren't looking.