PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started..

Lucky Star Lawn Care
01-24-2009, 03:18 AM
SORRY if this is a repost, I tried searching before I posted. If I am wanting to add lighting to my services this year where or what is a good place/book/magazine to get the basic knowledge and pointers for this line of work? Any pointers are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

irrig8r
01-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Some of the manufacturers offer free beginning seminars that should be worth your while.

FX has done them from time to time through Ewing locations. Vista has them through John Deere and others, and posts a schedule on their website, www.vistapro.com.

Janet Lennox Moyer's book was worth the investment to me for design perspectives.. (revised edition is best... around $100)

And if you talk nice to Joey DiGiovanni he might be able to fix you up with a huge book from Unique... go to their sponsor forum here on Lawnsite or contact him through the info he posts in his sig line in this forum.

Find out from manufacturers who the local reps are. They can be very helpful. They want your business.

All that said, be systematic about how you install, learn from your mistakes, and the mistakes of others.

David Gretzmier
01-24-2009, 04:55 PM
I went through beginner and advanced FX manufacturing class. well worth the time. fx has also been helpful in providing photo's, catalogs, charts, and general literature to help you. 10.8 to 11.5

I'd also like to make a request for you to be sure and bid these jobs properly. My plea to you would be not to give this service away like so many landscapers tend to do. Use a quality bulb, a quality fixture, and a quality transformer. Value your time.

JoeyD
01-26-2009, 01:04 PM
SORRY if this is a repost, I tried searching before I posted. If I am wanting to add lighting to my services this year where or what is a good place/book/magazine to get the basic knowledge and pointers for this line of work? Any pointers are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Lucky,

feel free to contact me at any of my numbers below for the best training anyone could ask for!!

Joey D.