PDA

View Full Version : hi all

hottabling
01-24-2009, 06:26 PM
hi everyone, i am from toronto, canada and i am planning to start a small lawncare and snow plow business. i am a rookie to this type of business so i am spending one year from now to learn as much as possible. i am planning to start business in 2010, so any ideas is more than welcome. thank you

DLAWNS
01-25-2009, 04:18 AM
Welcome to the site and my best advice to you is to read, read, and read some more. There is some great info on the site and there a lot of helpful people on here. I look forward to talking with you.

hseeder
01-25-2009, 04:28 AM
I agree - read as much as possible. There are alot of members here that are an absolute wealth of information and inspiration. Personally I have been in the landscape industry for over 25 years all together and on my own for 15+. I decided to go back into the maintenance end of the business this year, and joined the site to start discovering new ideas and basically catch up on what has occurred since I got out of maintenance. As a result, I am usually on the site atleast once a day and spend hours at a time reviewing new posts, getting ideas, viewing equipment etc. There are people here that have been through the humps and bumps of the industry and will give you the motivation to keep going when it seems to be an uphill battle.

Welcome to the site, and good luck in your pursuance. Again, REAR< READ<READ

lifetree
01-25-2009, 07:25 AM
hi everyone, i am from toronto, canada and i am planning to start a small lawncare and snow plow business. i am a rookie to this type of business ...

You might want to reconsider this plan ... with the economic downturn it actually may not be the best time to start up as an LCO !!

michael m
01-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Welcome to the site. And i coudnt agree more you need to read as much as possible and learn all that you can before you begin.