PDA

View Full Version : What Style Pumps for Compost Tea?

FOL
01-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Is it better to use a sprayer, "when spraying compost tea" with a diaphragm pump or hypro centrifugal pump? If possible, could your answer have any data or resources to support your statement?

Thanks,
FOL

roccon31
01-25-2009, 03:29 PM
to be totally safe, i would tend to think that using air pressure to pressurize a spray tank would be the best way to spray, however probably not nearly as efficient as the pumps that are available.

Mr. Nice
01-25-2009, 05:15 PM
You guys, the right pump is the one that delivers product efficiently with out too much trouble and does as little harm to live active biology once run through sprayer rig.

Now as far as data or test study to support facts......... you will need a microscope.
Thats what works in the real world. and is the only way to fine tune your sprayer.

All sprayer "pumps/rigs" set ups are different, only once put together can you test.
Maybe some body out there has built a complete commercial rig that has testing done? Ive never seen it.

treegal1
01-25-2009, 07:18 PM
the hypro is the pump of choice, or any other diaphragm. but after some recent pump service I am starting to re think or mull over a roller pump. if you do use a hyrpro or other diaphragm pump just have a spare set of rubbers handy. the centrifugal pumps mulch the fungal's some but not to bad

Tim Wilson
01-26-2009, 01:13 PM
I have some video test results on my webpage of running CT through an impeller centrifugal pump. It was a cheap sump pump. Google my name combined with compost or microbes.

FOL
01-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Something is really wrong with your site. I tried with both Firefox & IE.

treegal1
01-26-2009, 01:47 PM
FOL its old school try Wmedia...

treegal1
01-26-2009, 01:53 PM
on second thought maybe his site is not working corectly..........

Kiril
01-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Yikes ..... got hacked. If you need help Tim, let me know. Hope you have a backup.

DUSTYCEDAR
01-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Oh now tim got a problem

tadhussey
01-26-2009, 02:43 PM
We've tested our spray system, though I'd have to dig up the specs. I posted a photo awhile back in a thread....

We run 2 motors, one to aerate the tea while driving around throughout the day, and one for when we go to spray.

Tim Wilson
01-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Yup; I got hacked. I never experienced this so I'll work on it today.

I'll let you know Kiril if I need help.

treegal1
01-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Fatih (English: Conqueror) is one of the largest and central districts of Istanbul, Turkey.

after reading through some forums and blogs, I found out that the hacker indicates that he/she is from Turkey (If it is only one person). many other websites hosted by Hostmonster.com were also hacked, especially those that contained forums within them. other victims had mentioned that their config.php file was replaced with the
hackers. It is a shame, but the harsh reality is that we really are not ever as safe and secure as we think we are.....

as I can really not help any one that has been affected, maybe this should get turned around on the perp

Tim Wilson
01-26-2009, 06:08 PM
I fixed it. And secured it as secure as it can be I hope. You may need to refresh your page when you go there.

Please let me know if any links misbehave.

Thanks everyone for letting me know.

treegal1
01-26-2009, 06:13 PM
you got it Tim, how hard was it to fix?

Tim Wilson
01-26-2009, 08:26 PM
First I checked with my webhost and got them to update my security code (which they had forgotten) then republished the webpage from my hardrive. Then changed my security access information.

Kiril
01-27-2009, 12:12 AM
Tim, it may not have even been your site that was the open door. On a shared server, all you need is one door open and the entire server could be vulnerable. Usually these hackers just want to show everyone they were able to hack it, and don't really do any "major" damage other than overwriting your HTML files with their HAXOR message

FOL
01-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Stupid hackers, your site is working again Tim. Thanks for the info. I will be reading it tonight before bed. As for the style pump though. I am still indecisive as to whether to buy a diaphragm style pump or centrifugal. I was going to buy the 1538 "centrifugal" yesterday from Rittenhouse but changed my mind and decided to read on this subject a little more. Does anyone have anything more to add on this subject.

I am new to this site and just wanted to say that I appreciate everyone's help and knowledge.

Thanks everyone.

treegal1
01-27-2009, 01:13 PM
the company we set up down south of us liked this unit

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200329207_200329207?cm_sp=Customer%20driven-_-Recently%20Viewed-_-Category%20Page

lawncuttinfoo
02-15-2009, 01:04 PM
We've tested our spray system, though I'd have to dig up the specs. I posted a photo awhile back in a thread....

We run 2 motors, one to aerate the tea while driving around throughout the day, and one for when we go to spray.

I thought you just sold brewers, I have not seen sprayers on your site.

tadhussey
02-16-2009, 05:57 PM
I thought you just sold brewers, I have not seen sprayers on your site.

Yeah, we don't sell sprayers, I was referring to our larger spray rig that we use to spray properties with.

~Tad

replenish&subdue
02-16-2009, 06:13 PM
They say those microbes can't take a beating but my agitation jets are quite strong and that is normal for most systems.The less water the stronger so the early spray is certainly o.k. but I question when I get down to about 25 gallons. Anyone sure about my doubts?