PDA

View Full Version : Stupid ticket

South Florida Lawns
01-25-2009, 05:29 PM
One night I was coming home from my friends house and I got pulled over, I was almost home too. It was 4 in the morning and the cop said I was speeding. Now I know they don't shoot radar at 4 a.m. in the morning, not on the road I was on. Nobody is out driving that late speeding in this area. When I asked the officer how fast I was going, he replied "um around 36 mph". I knew the road was marked at 25, its right in front of my house. He asked what I was doing and where I was going, and I simply told him I was coming home from my girlfriends. He wen't to his car and came back with a machine that measured the darkness of my tint. I was too dark on the front windows and received a $72 ticket. In the end he said that he heard my truck fly by him and it was all blacked out and looked suspicious.

I'm sorry I like police officers and have the most respect for them but come on I think this officer had nothing else better to do.

JB1
01-25-2009, 05:31 PM
just a easy pickin target.

mowerbrad
01-25-2009, 06:07 PM
He had to give you some excuse for pulling you over, he couldn't say it was for the tint right away because all windows look really dark in the middle of the night. At least you won't get any points on your license for that ticket. Hope things go a little better for you!

DLAWNS
01-25-2009, 06:57 PM
I get pulled over all the time for silly crap also. I still respect the police, but let's just say thank God that my brother is a police officer. Hope you have some better luck!

Scgentlman1
01-25-2009, 07:00 PM
His excuse is he has a badge and can get away with it.

nnj18
01-25-2009, 07:11 PM
His excuse is he has a badge and can get away with it.

yep, just like why a kid was shot to death a town over for speeding.....

I dont like cops.....any of them

Gravel Rat
01-25-2009, 07:29 PM
What was a cop driving around your neighbourhood at 4 am was he on the look out for you. Did you pizz off a neighbour ?

You really can't fight the ticket if your window tint is legally too dark. You might be tagged now so I would probably changing the window tint.

South Florida Lawns
01-25-2009, 07:41 PM
He was just outside my neighborhood. I'm on good terms with all my neighbors, guess it was just random bad luck.

Gravel Rat
01-25-2009, 07:48 PM
So what did you do to your girl friend did she need to use some batteries that night so she phoned the cops on you :laugh:

Just kidding some cops get on a power trip for no reason so I guess you were a easy ticket.

South Florida Lawns
01-25-2009, 08:09 PM
lol no haha just got tired of listening to her all night and I left, guess I should have stayed and dealt with her to save $72. Yeah I guess this guy had one at 4:15 right as I was rolling home lol.

Petr51488
01-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Your lucky you got the 72.00 fine and not any points for speeding. Do you have a radar detector?

South Florida Lawns
01-26-2009, 12:27 AM
He said I was speeding I was actually under the limit a bit. I am almost positive he wasn't shooting radar. That road sees maybe 5 cars at that time a night.

newz7151
01-26-2009, 12:32 AM
He said I was speeding I was actually under the limit a bit. I am almost positive he wasn't shooting radar. That road sees maybe 5 cars at that time a night.

I believe, that if you request to see the radar gun (they are required/supposed to lock in the speed on the gun) , they must allow you to see it as proof. (of course, they could have locked in somebody elsewhere and are just using that same speed over and over).