PDA

View Full Version : 'Tracking' after Fert Application

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-26-2009, 12:47 AM
Planning to do small scale fert/squirt with a nice dry spreader and a backpack sprayer. Doing this for just a handful of my mowing customers next season to get started...1/4 ac lots or less.

I do have a question. When I apply dry fert and then spray herbicide (either simultaneously as with a synergy setup OR as a two step process spreader then backpack), will I run the risk of 'tracking' or 'streaking' the turf with my feet due to applying a liquid over dry fert. The last thing I want to do is put down a round of fert, then spray the same yard and streak the fert due to my wet spray-covered rubber boots. Should I be worried about this since I am using dry fert instead of a liquid tank mix?

Thanks!

mrkosar
01-26-2009, 01:13 AM
i'm a little confused about what you are asking, but it seems that you need to make sure you are licensed for these type of apps. from your question, and i might just be confused by the wording, it sounds like you don't have any experience doing this at all. nothing wrong with that, but please do some research and get help, or better yet test it out on your own lawn before doing customers.

if you are spraying round up you can leave foot prints that might kill those spots, but not with selective herbicides. again, not really sure what you are asking exactly though.

put down dry fert. go back spot treat weeds with selective weed control, but first read and learn more.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-26-2009, 11:22 AM
I am in the process of getting my lic now. Will take the test within a couple weeks.

I am not worried about the selective herbicide. I am wondering about walking thru a lawn that I just spread with dry fert, putting down herbicide (spot or blanket), and streaking the lawn as I am walking on the fert with wet boots. I don't forsee this as a problem, but just thought I'd ask.

DUSTYCEDAR
01-26-2009, 11:26 AM
you have to skip acrost the lawn then it wont happen:weightlifter::dancing:

greenviewlandscaper
01-26-2009, 11:37 AM
me and the guy im working with right now are doing the same kind of treatment fert then selective post emergent in a lawn and have been doing that way for years and I have never seen any problems like that unless you over do it either the fert or the chemical.

mnturfmaster
01-26-2009, 05:52 PM
DA,

You should not have any problems. I have been doing it that way for over 8 years now.