PDA

View Full Version : Updated Shurflo SRS600

RonB
01-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Seen this on Amazon. It looks like they have at least a new hose and wand assembly.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/217PGJ42QCL._SS500_.jpg

americanlawn
01-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Hi Ron -- Looks like they fixed problems we experienced. We use several of these, and they are the best IMO. We never had much problem with the hose, but the spray wand (gun) was junk....most of them shelled out within a few weeks. So we changed to an aluminum spray wand from Sprayer Specialties. http://www.sprayers.com. Never a problem since. Thanks for the update. :waving:

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Hey, nice thread...I'm going to buy one of these puppies and use it as a primary application tool for selective herb. on small resi lawns.

Is the wand now aluminum? What kind of tip does it have - is it more functional than the old one?

whoopassonthebluegrass
01-26-2009, 11:21 PM
What's the lifespan of the battery between charges?

(I see their claims... just wondering about the real world...)

RonB
01-27-2009, 05:25 PM
An update on the update ..

That pic is an old one. I just got an email explaining they have tried to get Amazon to remove it but had no luck. The wand is the same poly thing. Ordered one anyway, and will just do like others here and get a better wand.

my bad
RonB

americanlawn
01-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Hi whoopass -- these are the best units since sliced bread. I carry up to four of them in my truck (Chaser, Q4, brush killer, Roundup, etc). It's almost unbelievable how long the battery stays charged. Most of the time, I charge the batteries once every two weeks. Most of my guys just carry one backpack (Chaser herbicide), and they charge 'em about every ten days. Get one -- you won't regret it. We upgraded to the sturdier aluminum wand from Sprayer Specialties. It's slightly longer & has a better gun...only $5.00 + shipping. (don't tell 'em you're a Mormon, cuz they'll charge more) :laugh:

whoopass -- once you buy one (ebay is best), you will thank me by sending me a copy of 'The Best of the Osmonds'. :laugh:

BTW we use a flat fan nozzle.....much better than the cone spray tip they all come with.

DUSTYCEDAR
01-27-2009, 06:30 PM
nice to hear

myyaz33
05-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Hi whoopass -- these are the best units since sliced bread. I carry up to four of them in my truck (Chaser, Q4, brush killer, Roundup, etc). It's almost unbelievable how long the battery stays charged. Most of the time, I charge the batteries once every two weeks. Most of my guys just carry one backpack (Chaser herbicide), and they charge 'em about every ten days. Get one -- you won't regret it. We upgraded to the sturdier aluminum wand from Sprayer Specialties. It's slightly longer & has a better gun...only $5.00 + shipping. (don't tell 'em you're a Mormon, cuz they'll charge more) :laugh:

whoopass -- once you buy one (ebay is best), you will thank me by sending me a copy of 'The Best of the Osmonds'. :laugh:

BTW we use a flat fan nozzle.....much better than the cone spray tip they all come with.

Do you happen to know the model on the upgraded wand?

americanlawn
05-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Pretty sure it's TeeJet model 50800 w/21" aluminum extension wand.

Sprayer Specialties would know:
Grimes, IA (800) 351-1587
Olathe, KS (877) 829-8502

Do you happen to know the model on the upgraded wand?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
05-03-2009, 03:14 PM

Larry - the Shurflo already comes with the poly version of the 50800. So why wouldn't you be able to change tips on the stock wand - everyone on here says that you can't find tips for the stock wand which seems strange because it is the same wand that you use except yours is aluminum.

americanlawn
05-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks DA Quality -- they are interchangeable. Both wands come (standard) with a cone nozzle. The (shorter) black plastic wand comes in blue, and the (longer) 21" aluminum wand comes in orange. The plastic wands eventually bend & break, while the aluminum wands stand up longer.

We use a flat fan nozzle for backpack sprayers (setting #1 or #2), and we use the (adjustable) cone nozzle for our T3000 ride-on units. We especially like the 21" aluminum wands for our ride-ons cuz we don't have to "reach down" as much while we're in cruise control spraying trim areas with the ride-on.

We buy our 21" aluminum wands from Sprayer Specialties in Grimes, IA. To make sure you get the right one, just give 'em a call and ask for the same ones American uses.....they've known me since 1985, and they are very fine folks.

Hope things are gong well, Larry :waving:

Larry - the Shurflo already comes with the poly version of the 50800. So why wouldn't you be able to change tips on the stock wand - everyone on here says that you can't find tips for the stock wand which seems strange because it is the same wand that you use except yours is aluminum.

Josh.S
06-17-2009, 10:49 AM

I just called the one in IA and ordered two of those wands. The guy said they are normally around $20 but some place went out of business and had surplus stock so they can sell them for $5 each.

americanlawn
06-17-2009, 10:07 PM
That's what I heard too. It's TeeJet model number 50800 aluminum spray wand. (about 34" total length). "Sprayer Speicialties" sells 'em for $5 each. (4 for $20.01). (they have a sense of humor). :laugh: