PDA

View Full Version : Seminars/Certificates

FOL
01-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Does anyone know of any Certificates for Organic Lawn Care that can be done online? Or is there any Seminars going on in the near future that pertain to Organic Lawn Care?

Thanks.

phasthound
01-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Does anyone know of any Certificates for Organic Lawn Care that can be done online? Or is there any Seminars going on in the near future that pertain to Organic Lawn Care?

Thanks.

I don't suppose you would be interested in traveling to New England this winter for 5 day classes?

NattyLawn
01-26-2009, 10:28 PM
I have no idea how much weight this program carries, if any at all.

http://www.organic-land-care.com/public/programs/index-online.php

lifetree
01-26-2009, 10:35 PM
I have no idea how much weight this program carries, if any at all.

http://www.organic-land-care.com/public/programs/index-online.php

Those certificate programs look interesting !!

NattyLawn
01-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah, they do look interesting and not that expensive. The 100 per assignment evaluation is a little overpriced IMO. I doubt I can get tuition reimbursed with the economy the way it is :)

wallzwallz
01-27-2009, 08:25 AM
I don't believe there is any "certificate" for Organics that is officially recognized. I took the 5 day NOFA OLC course, and it was explained that if you passed you would be an accredited Organic Land Care professionals, not certified, as an official standard for organics doesn't exist yet.

FOL, I would look up TREEGAL, who posts here, she offers organic classes. I don't believe she has certificates but I know you'll leave knowing a lot more about organics.

treegal1
01-27-2009, 08:44 AM
he is not that far away, I like holiday FL, nice beaches and loads of sea shells.....

FOL
01-27-2009, 12:21 PM
The more the merry, the next time you are offering any classes in the future let me know Treegal1. Also Treegal1, how come you are not offering organic lawn care as a service?

treegal1
01-27-2009, 12:26 PM
how come you are not offering organic lawn care as a service? EH?? I have over 300 residential lawns and about 40 commercial property's. we also farm ornamental landscape materials and sod (SAG). the vegges are more or less a hobby now......

worm farming is Wednesday ( tomorrow)9:00

FOL
01-27-2009, 12:44 PM
That is to short of a notice, I do appreciate it though Treegal1. When are you offering the next discussion/class? And where is Jensen, Fl? I googled it and it gave me a street in Avon Park. If im correct Jensen is on the east coast, north of Cocoa.

It says nothing though on your website about OLC, thats why I was asking.

treegal1
01-27-2009, 12:52 PM
we do the class and show and tell at the farm, its like our research station.... google port mayaca.....

you only saw the tree service site, I cant believe its still up:laugh:
the 2 sites I have are garbage, the guy that did it for me had a motorcycle crash and is out of commission. so I am looking for another web tech.:cry: