PDA

View Full Version : John Deere U

HokieAg07
01-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Anybody going to John Deere University this week in Myrtle Beach?

BrandonV
01-26-2009, 04:45 PM
I don't trust them. they'll brain wash you into buying their goods and convince you that paying twice the price for stuff from them is actually cheaper than buying it from your current supplier. darn sod nazis.

HokieAg07
01-26-2009, 05:02 PM
I don't trust them. they'll brain wash you into buying their goods and convince you that paying twice the price for stuff from them is actually cheaper than buying it from your current supplier. darn sod nazis.

Unfortunately for JDL, I dont buy from them now so that will never change!

DanaMac
01-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Unfortunately for JDL, I dont buy from them now so that will never change!

Nobody said you have to buy from them. But you can learn a lot form them. I go to a bunch of different classes and seminars from Ewing and they rarely push their store over the others. they just want their customers to be knowledgeable.

Junior M
01-26-2009, 05:26 PM
What John Deere U?

HokieAg07
01-26-2009, 06:26 PM
What John Deere U?

The one in Myrtle Beach which is Wed-Friday this week obviously........

Junior M
01-26-2009, 06:28 PM
The one in Myrtle Beach which is Wed-Friday this week obviously........
I screwed it up, I meant what is John Deere U? Never heard of it..

HokieAg07
01-26-2009, 06:34 PM
I screwed it up, I meant what is John Deere U? Never heard of it..

Irrigation classes/seminars put on by John Deere Landscapes... Sorry no classes on mini excavators.

Junior M
01-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Irrigation classes/seminars put on by John Deere Landscapes... Sorry no classes on mini excavators.
We do irrigation, and I dont need a class on mini ex, I can run one just fine.. I was just curious I am not far from Myrtle Beach and I know a few landscapers and I dont even think they know about it..

DanaMac
01-26-2009, 06:40 PM
We do irrigation, and I dont need a class on mini ex, I can run one just fine.. I was just curious I am not far from Myrtle Beach and I know a few landscapers and I dont even think they know about it..

Then John Deere isn't doing a good job or service to their local contractors.

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 06:41 PM
I have been buying all my supplies from them. I dont see how they cost alot more. I guess it came down to JDL or STI. JDL and there products kinda beats the "stuff" STI sells.

TRILAWNCARE
01-26-2009, 06:42 PM

Learn something new everyday..... Don't we.....

Junior M
01-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Then John Deere isn't doing a good job or service to their local contractors.
Well, nobody runs JD equipment or anything so its hard to tell they would find out unless they went to JD..

Junior M
01-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Learn something new everyday..... Don't we.....
Um ok? :confused:

HokieAg07
01-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Well, nobody runs JD equipment or anything so its hard to tell they would find out unless they went to JD..

It has nothing to do with equipment, remember this isnt the heavy equipment forum...

John Deere Landscapes sells irrigation products, landscape lighting etc. It also sells chemicals and things since it purchased LESCO a few years ago.

Junior M
01-26-2009, 07:46 PM
It has nothing to do with equipment, remember this isnt the heavy equipment forum...

John Deere Landscapes sells irrigation products, landscape lighting etc. It also sells chemicals and things since it purchased LESCO a few years ago.
I know, but I dont even know a place that sells JD irrigation supplies, never even heard of them until now. And I know its not the Heavy Equipment Forum, I just figured since it was JD it would be sold at there dealership..

Yall guys are rough, its like ya got something against me..

DanaMac
01-26-2009, 07:51 PM
I know, but I dont even know a place that sells JD irrigation supplies, never even heard of them until now. And I know its not the Heavy Equipment Forum, I just figured since it was JD it would be sold at there dealership..

Yall guys are rough, its like ya got something against me..

yes we are rough here. gotta roll with it.

JD does not have their own line. JDL is a dealer of many different irrigation manufacturers - Rainbird, Hunter, toro, Irritrol, Febco, Watts, Wilkins, etc.

Wet_Boots
01-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Yall guys are rough, its like ya got something against me..We're rough on everyone, and all in good cheer. Sometimes the answers you want are baked into the custard pie heading towards your face.

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 07:53 PM

JD does not have their own line. JDL is a dealer of many different irrigation manufacturers - Rainbird, Hunter, toro, Irritrol, Febco, Watts, Wilkins, etc.

Love the toro in all lower case!

Junior M
01-26-2009, 07:54 PM

:laugh: I thought the Heavy equipment guys were rough.. :dizzy:

Yall got like your own inside jokes, that I dont get.. :laugh:

I knew JD bought out Lesco, but I didnt know either one had irrigation supplies, our supplier hasnt mentioned them, but we've always installed rain bird and never had a problem..

HokieAg07
01-26-2009, 07:57 PM
I know, but I dont even know a place that sells JD irrigation supplies

John Deere Landscapes sells irrigation supplies made by all the major manufacturers they dont sell "JD irrigation supplies." JDL is a store/distributor.

For somebody that says "we do irrigation" you dont seem to know too much...

Dont you have some homework to do or something?

Oh and if you think the forum is harsh just wait until some of the old timers chime in :laugh:

So us some pictures of your irrigation work; we love pictures around here

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 08:01 PM
John Deere Landscapes sells irrigation supplies made by all the major manufacturers they dont sell "JD irrigation supplies." JDL is a store/distributor.

Oh and if you think the forum is harsh just wait until some of the old timers chime in :laugh:

Wow. I've been at it for 10 years and I still dont know enough. I guess thats why I'm here.

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Anybody going to John Deere University this week in Myrtle Beach?

By the way I would love to go. You do learn alot of "tricks of the trade". Not to mention those things usually have some pretty good party nights.

HokieAg07
01-26-2009, 08:04 PM
:laugh: I thought the Heavy equipment guys were rough.. :dizzy:

Yall got like your own inside jokes, that I dont get.. :laugh:

Spend enough time here and you will catch on...

HokieAg07
01-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Wow. I've been at it for 10 years and I still dont know enough. I guess thats why I'm here.

Yeah nobody should ever say they know everything, there is always something new to learn. I know I dont know near enough, I learn that everyday.. :hammerhead:

DanaMac
01-26-2009, 08:07 PM
Love the toro in all lower case!

I hoped someone would pick that up. Too easy :)

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 08:09 PM
I hoped someone would pick that up. Too easy :)

Who installs toro anyway?

Junior M
01-26-2009, 08:13 PM
We INSTALL, thats it! We run all Rain Bird, did a couple repairs at my old job, but that was replacing heads, not really rocket science. He handed me a head, I just did the grunt work.

I've never even heard of JDL, we go to a local supplier by the name of W.P. Law and if its small enough we'll draw it up, if its big and wont take to long to get back from W.P. Law we'l give it to them to engineer. If it takes to long to get back, we'll engineer it..

Junior M
01-26-2009, 08:15 PM

Baha, the school kid jokes dont bother me..

Let me get on my Mom's computer(I am on my school laptop) and upload them to Photobucket and I'll post them. I've only got pics from the irrigation at our house because we got to much to get done in 2 days to stop to take pics on an irrigation job..

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 08:19 PM
We INSTALL, thats it! We run all Rain Bird, did a couple repairs at my old job, but that was replacing heads, not really rocket science. He handed me a head, I just did the grunt work.

I've never even heard of JDL, we go to a local supplier by the name of W.P. Law and if its small enough we'll draw it up, if its big and wont take to long to get back from W.P. Law we'l give it to them to engineer. If it takes to long to get back, we'll engineer it..

I always prefer to design onsite. Counter designs never really have a chance to see the site and "be the sprinkler". When I started I made the mistake of installing a design done far away from the site. The like to max out psi and gpm. No room to grow with the landscape. Thats my opinion.

Junior M
01-26-2009, 08:24 PM
I always prefer to design onsite. Counter designs never really have a chance to see the site and "be the sprinkler". When I started I made the mistake of installing a design done far away from the site. The like to max out psi and gpm. No room to grow with the landscape. Thats my opinion.
We engineered our last irrigation system (In September) like that, figured in the farthest they'll spray, gave them overspray, and did it. And its workin like a champ! Not a dry spot on the place..

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 08:26 PM
We engineered our last irrigation system (In September) like that, figured in the farthest they'll spray, gave them overspray, and did it. And its workin like a champ! Not a dry spot on the place..

Keep doing that way each and every time.

DanaMac
01-26-2009, 08:30 PM

But what is your precip rate, DU rate, feet per second, GPM per zone, and how much are you over watering to get that lush green lawn?

Junior M
01-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Instead of me goin through the other computer and takin all that time. Here is a thread I posted the pics in..

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=239833

Junior M
01-26-2009, 08:33 PM
But what is your precip rate, DU rate, feet per second, GPM per zone, and how much are you over watering to get that lush green lawn?
Cant remember GPM (It was in September) I know that we had an overspray of 10ft? I think? like I said it was in Sept. I dont remember to much..

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Instead of me goin through the other computer and takin all that time. Here is a thread I posted the pics in..

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=239833

Cool pics. What are you 12. Try a manifold instead of those 7" econo boxs.

HokieAg07
01-26-2009, 08:37 PM

I like to design in the office after a thurough site eval however things usually change once I start flagging heads out in the field

Waterit
01-26-2009, 08:37 PM
::::makes a bag of popcorn, gets a large liquid refreshment and a dry towel, waits for ML, F-M, and bic to see this thread::::

DanaMac
01-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Cant remember GPM (It was in September) I know that we had an overspray of 10ft? I think? like I said it was in Sept. I dont remember to much..

Over spray of 10'? What do you mean?

Wet_Boots
01-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Who installs toro anyway?.....discriminating individuals who know that the Stream Rotor heads are about as reliable as it gets.....

Junior M
01-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Then I was..

Here I am right before that last irrigation job:

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/JLM88_bucket/335.jpg

DanaMac
01-26-2009, 08:43 PM
.....discriminating individuals who know that the Stream Rotor heads are about as reliable as it gets.....

I replaced far too many that stopped turning, or barely got over the grass because they pop up maybe 3".

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 08:45 PM
.....discriminating individuals who know that the Stream Rotor heads are about as reliable as it gets.....

Still don't wanna touch em. I have installed super 600's. They were very reliable. Ahhhhh but then I found the PGP.

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Then I was..

Here I am right before that last irrigation job:

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/JLM88_bucket/335.jpg

So your 12 1/2. Well you have alot to learn. Girls are more fun the irrigation. I know thats hard to believe. You have to make sure you got them spaced far apart enough.

Junior M
Over spray of 10'? What do you mean?
The RB 5000's sprayed 30ft (If I am remembering this all right) with the GPM we were getting at that job, so we put them 20ft apart so each one was spraying 10ft over into the heads rotation beside of it.. If that makes sense..

Wet_Boots
I replaced far too many that stopped turning, or barely got over the grass because they pop up maybe 3".And what would you bet the ranch on, for having a better track record, not including Safe-T-Lawn? What systems did you install that needed no heads replaced/adjusted for the first decade?

Junior M
01-26-2009, 08:50 PM
So your 12 1/2. Well you have alot to learn. Girls are more fun the irrigation. I know thats hard to believe. You have to make sure you got them spaced far apart enough.
I am 14, I'll be 15 in late march, that pic was in early to mid August.

Here's a pic taken of me 2 weeks ago at school:

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/JLM88_bucket/Me.jpg

HokieAg07
01-26-2009, 08:51 PM

Yeah like he said, loose the 7" round and go for a standard. Do you guys even calculate flow, velocity, etc etc?

Junior M
01-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah like he said, loose the 7" round and go for a standard. Do you guys even calculate flow, velocity, etc etc?
Yeah, we do it all. I dont do it personally, my Dad does with the help of a buddy of his that used to do it. I just do the grunt work and when we do the engineering onsite..

And why we did the regular 7in rounds, I dont know, like I said, I basically do the grunt work on the irrigation...

DanaMac
01-26-2009, 09:09 PM
And what would you bet the ranch on, for having a better track record, not including Safe-T-Lawn? What systems did you install that needed no heads replaced/adjusted for the first decade?

Of all that I have seen, adjusted, repaired, and replaced, the Hunter PGP is the least replaced. By far. I have systems I work on with PGPs and the old black plastic diffuser/set screw. Working like a champ.

Wet_Boots
01-26-2009, 09:13 PM
PGPs may never reach the 300's track record, which isn't surprising, since the stream rotor never has a failure of the reversing mechanism.

lifetree
01-26-2009, 09:15 PM
i don't trust them. They'll brain wash you ... Darn sod nazis.

lmao ... !!!

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Of all that I have seen, adjusted, repaired, and replaced, the Hunter PGP is the least replaced. By far. I have systems I work on with PGPs and the old black plastic diffuser/set screw. Working like a champ.

I agree. The only PGP's I replace are the ones destroyed by landscapers and there equiptment.

Wet_Boots
01-26-2009, 09:30 PM
I agree. The only PGP's I replace are the ones destroyed by landscapers and there equiptment.You haven't been in the business very long, have you? :nono:

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 09:33 PM
You haven't been in the business very long, have you? :nono:

No. Not at all. But I am looking forward to the next 25 years.

Wet_Boots
01-26-2009, 09:39 PM
No. Not at all. But I am looking forward to the next 25 years.Look forward to replacing the PGPs you installed this decade. Pretty much all of them, if you are still minding the store in 2033.

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Look forward to replacing the PGPs you installed this decade. Pretty much all of them, if you are still minding the store in 2033.

Well, hmmm, sounds like job security. Of course nothing is gonna last forever when its buried in the ground. I will be ready, shovel in hand, even if I am leaning on the truck telling Lucio what to do.

bicmudpuppy
01-26-2009, 09:54 PM

Um, Uh, you "DO" irrigation? and you are in an area near a John Deere LANDSCAPES and you don't know WHO they are? I have NEVER been in a JDL store that sold John Deere equipment. That would happen at an EQUIPMENT dealership. NOT an IRRIGATION supply house hosting a series of classes on irrigation. Get back to your Home Depot pallet pricing and leave us alone.

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Um, Uh, you "DO" irrigation? and you are in an area near a John Deere LANDSCAPES and you don't know WHO they are? I have NEVER been in a JDL store that sold John Deere equipment. That would happen at an EQUIPMENT dealership. NOT an IRRIGATION supply house hosting a series of classes on irrigation. Get back to your Home Depot pallet pricing and leave us alone.

Dude, he's 14. He's got a long way to go.

HokieAg07
01-26-2009, 10:08 PM

Nice, I was waiting for that.

Junior M
01-26-2009, 10:16 PM
I am about an hour and a half from "John Deere University" And no we dont have a John Deere Landspaces around here. And really come on, read what I've posted previously, if you dont believe me, then screw off cause I really dont care because I've got the pics to prove I can do more than push pipe togther..

Junior M
01-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Thank you...

bicmudpuppy
01-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Give the guy a break he has been in the business most of ...........ooops, I almost said "adult" life :)

Momma loves him, so daddy couldn't beat him often enough to get the punk out of him. A born wannabe. He does all the "grunt" labor. He looks like he needs to do a little more working and a lot less grunting to me. Typical teenager, he knows it all. Life and the real world will put him in his proper place given time.

bicmudpuppy
01-26-2009, 10:25 PM

And I wish he, and every other "I know it all and it doesn't stink either", would get the $##@ on his way........to anywhere that ain't here.

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 10:28 PM
And I wish he, and every other "I know it all and it doesn't stink either", would get the $##@ on his way........to anywhere that ain't here.

Go get some lovin brotha.

Junior M
01-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Give the guy a break he has been in the business most of ...........ooops, I almost said "adult" life :)

Momma loves him, so daddy couldn't beat him often enough to get the punk out of him. A born wannabe. He does all the "grunt" labor. He looks like he needs to do a little more working and a lot less grunting to me. Typical teenager, he knows it all. Life and the real world will put him in his proper place given time.
I dont know everything and I dont claim to. Am I cocky? Yes. I've got to be or I wouldnt get anywhere. And I choose to do this, not a forced thing. I never really liked the irrigation forum, now I really dont. Yall are just mad because a "kid" has the abilities to do yall's full time jobs.

Atleast the heavy equipment forum respects me...

HokieAg07
01-26-2009, 10:31 PM
I am about an hour and a half from "John Deere University" And no we dont have a John Deere Landspaces around here. And really come on, read what I've posted previously, if you dont believe me, then screw off cause I really dont care because I've got the pics to prove I can do more than push pipe togther..

There is a JDL 20 minutes away in Columbia :dizzy::dizzy: Do you live under a rock?

What do you aim to prove with your pictures of you doing more than gluing pipe? This is the irrigation forum; unless you have some pictures to redeem yourself irrigation wise then we dont care.

How is some little 14 yr old allowed on a site for professionals?

The piker doesnt even have a RM! The horror.

Yall are just mad because a "kid" has the abilities to do yall's full time jobs

That is the funniest thing I think Ive ever heard dude. Give me a fawkin break. Any monkey can glue pipe together and do the grunt work which is what you say you do.

Come back when you have the "ability" to comprehend what we irrigators do every day.

Junior M
01-26-2009, 10:35 PM
There is a JDL 20 minutes away in Columbia :dizzy::dizzy: Do you live under a rock?

What do you aim to prove with your pictures of you doing more than gluing pipe? This is the irrigation forum; unless you have some pictures to redeem yourself irrigation wise then we dont care.

How is some little 14 yr old allowed on a site for professionals?

The piker doesnt even have a RM! The horror.

That is the funniest thing I think Ive ever heard dude. Give me a fawkin break. Any monkey can glue pipe together and do the grunt work which is what you say you do.

Come back when you have the "ability" to comprehend what we irrigators do every day.
:laugh: :laugh: Your funny.. Like I said, I dont have any other pics, if you dont believe me you dont.. woopty do dah day cause I know what the truth is and it is the truth..

What the h#ll is an RM?

And if you dont care, woohoo, that'll give me an even better reason to not come back to this BS..

Where is JDL at in Columbia? Cause I dam sure dont know of one..

Like I said, I really dont care what you think about me, if you dont believe me, who cares! Cause I dont, I've got the pics to prove I can do more than glue pipe togther..

DanaMac
01-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Yall are just mad because a "kid" has the abilities to do yall's full time jobs.

Oh you do huh? So you know how to track down a nicked wire on a multi sports field complex? How about when it's a two wire system? You know what a "weeping" valve is? What causes it? How about a scrubber valve? Any idea what an RPZ, PVB, DCV, DCA, AVB are or how they operate or how to test or fix them? Do you know how to find a pipe being choked by a tree root without digging the entire pipe? How about winterizing a system without damaging or melting the pipes? Know how to calculate precip rates? Pressure loss? Have you installed a mainline drain on a 10" pipe that some other company forgot to do and it's 6' down and you have to arch under the electrical while another guy holds your effing feet?

Go back to the equip forum. Junior.

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 10:39 PM
:laugh: :laugh: Your funny.. Like I said, I dont have any other pics, if you dont believe me you dont.. woopty do dah day cause I know what the truth is and it is the truth..

What the h#ll is an RM?

And if you dont care, woohoo, that'll give me an even better reason to not come back to this BS..

Like I said, I really dont care what you think about me, if you dont believe me, who cares! Cause I dont, I've got the pics to prove I can do more than glue pipe togther..

1300 Fontaine Road 803 786-9733

DanaMac
01-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Damn!! A 14 year old got to us guys. Lay off the booze and put him on ignore.

Junior M
01-26-2009, 10:42 PM
1300 Fontaine Road 803 786-9733
Well, I am sorry, I didnt know of them being there. One freakin mistake. Go right up the street is our Pool Contractor..

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 10:44 PM

Its like he was kicking fresh spoil in Bic's clean trench.

Waterit

Nice, I was waiting for that.

::::makes a bag of popcorn, gets a large liquid refreshment and a dry towel, waits for ML, F-M, and bic to see this thread::::

Atleast the heavy equipment forum respects me...

Sure about that, Junior? From what I've read over there, they're DIS-respecting you most of the time.

Junior M
Really? put me on ignore? why? Grow up if your goin to put me on ignore.. I am done with this screwed up place..

HokieAg07
01-26-2009, 10:45 PM

What the h#ll is an RM?

Less crying and more action; where are these pictures and what are they going to prove? Or do you not have them? You contradicted yourself.

If you had logged onto John Deere Landscapes website originally you would have found out what JDLU is and also you could have seen where the store is located in Columbia. Then you would have avoided all this.

You know kid, I was just joking around the whole time and giving you a hard time because you are just that, a kid. However once you said the following it pissed me off and showed me just how much of a "know it all" you are.

Yall are just mad because a "kid" has the abilities to do yall's full time jobs.

Junior M
01-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Sure about that, Junior? From what I've read over there, they're DIS-respecting you most of the time.
Its called joking around, we do it all the time.. Go read some threads over there, like Bobcat Rons "Feels good to be working again" CAT powered's "I found Kaiser" We all just joke around with each other and have fun, no seriousness involved..

Waterit
I am done with this screwed up place..

Don't let the door hit you in the a$$.

DanaMac
You know kid, I was just joking around the whole time and giving you a hard time because you are just that, a kid. However once you said the following it pissed me off and showed me just how much of a "know it all" you are.

Yup. A little humility and humbleness goes a long way when you meet people.

Junior M
01-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Less crying and more action; where are these pictures and what are they going to prove? Or do you not have them? You contradicted yourself.

If you had logged onto John Deere Landscapes website originally you would have found out what JDLU is and also you could have seen where the store is located in Columbia. Then you would have avoided all this.

I did that crap cause you pissed me off, I dont know any of yall and your tryin to joke around, its hard to see sarcasm on the computer..

And I told you in the beginning that I only had pics from our place cause we are in such a rush to get it done on Saturday and Sunday that there really isnt time to take pics. And I posted a link to the pics I had already posted in another thread of mine..

DanaMac
01-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Its called joking around, we do it all the time.. Go read some threads over there, like Bobcat Rons "Feels good to be working again" CAT powered's "I found Kaiser" We all just joke around with each other and have fun, no seriousness involved..

We do the same here and bust each others' ballz until someone comes in here and claims they can do our job. A flying monkey can cut and glue pipe, dig and bury a trench.

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 10:51 PM
We do the same here and bust each others' ballz until someone comes in here and claims they can do our job. A flying monkey can cut and glue pipe, dig and bury a trench.

A monkey can and will do the job. Hard part is finding someone to feed the monkies.

Junior M
01-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Like I said in my last post, I had no clue yall were joking, no little smileys or ":laugh:" things, and just like I said, hard to see sarcasm through a computer screen, I apologize for this whole misunderstanding..

HokieAg07
01-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Typical teenager, he knows it all. Life and the real world will put him in his proper place given time.

TRUTH.

I am done in this thread, going to continue my routine of discussing irrigation with other professionals.

Junior M
01-26-2009, 10:59 PM
TRUTH.

I am done in this thread, going to continue my routine of discussing irrigation with other professionals.
thats fine, just ignore post #83

DanaMac
01-26-2009, 10:59 PM
TRUTH.

Where the heck can we do that? :laugh:

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 11:00 PM
So. Anybody going to JDL in ahhhh wait, what was this thread about again and who the hell is bobcat ron???

HokieAg07
01-26-2009, 11:01 PM
Where the heck can we do that? :laugh:

Wishful thinking eh?

who the hell is bobcat ron

Some guy with a dancing cat with headphones in his sig. The cat changes all the time.

Dammit I said I was done in this thread..This time its for real....Maybe

Junior M
01-26-2009, 11:05 PM
So. Anybody going to JDL in ahhhh wait, what was this thread about again and who the hell is bobcat ron???
He's really funny, you should read his posts every once and a while, always gives everybody a good laugh..

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=217830

DanaMac
01-26-2009, 11:05 PM
To answer the original question.... no, I will not be going. Good luck. Have fun. Junior, if you can make it, you will learn a lot.

Junior M
01-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Wishful thinking eh?

Some guy with a dancing cat with headphones in his sig. The cat changes all the time.

Dammit I said I was done in this thread..This time its for real....Maybe
Once again, dont acknowledge my apology, whatever.. :waving:

Wet_Boots
If Junior applies himself, he can become a Dweeb Dork Hack Piker in no time at all....

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6158/sprinklertroll1rq2.jpg

rlpsystems
He's really funny, you should read his posts every once and a while, always gives everybody a good laugh..

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=217830

Not going there. Staying here with these nut jobs. We understand each other here.

Junior M
01-26-2009, 11:07 PM
If Junior applies himself, he can become a Dweeb Dork Hack Piker in no time at all....

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6158/sprinklertroll1rq2.jpg
:confused: I know, I am not the brightest, but please explain, if thats not to much to ask..

Junior M
01-26-2009, 11:09 PM
Not going there. Staying here with these nut jobs. We understand each other here.
Thats probably why I am in the mess I am in, cause I came somewhere where people dont understand me and I dont understand them..

Yall know I posted in the irrigation system numerous times before, not to much, but here and there. I used to be JLM335, and I got my name changed to what most people called me..

Wet_Boots
01-26-2009, 11:09 PM
:confused: I know, I am not the brightest, but please explain, if thats not to much to ask..If you have to ask, the answer's no.

Junior M
01-26-2009, 11:11 PM
If you have to ask, the answer's no.
Crap... :wall

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Thats probably why I am in the mess I am in, cause I came somewhere where people dont understand me and I dont understand them..

Yall know I posted in the irrigation system numerous times before, not to much, but here and there. I used to be JLM335, and I got my name changed to what most people called me..

You've got years to go. Anyone in here has the understanding that irrigation is a nasty science. Mud, blood, sweat, and of course burns on there hands from excess primer. I've been installing for 10 years and I still have alot of questions. I do have my way though as everybody does. And come on theres no reason to belittle anyone here, especially if its not your area of expertice. So my advice, go to JDL. God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason. Sign up and show up for all their seminars. By the time your 30 you will know something.

Junior M
01-26-2009, 11:27 PM
You've got years to go. Anyone in here has the understanding that irrigation is a nasty science. Mud, blood, sweat, and of course burns on there hands from excess primer. I've been installing for 10 years and I still have alot of questions. I do have my way though as everybody does. And come on theres no reason to belittle anyone here, especially if its not your area of expertice. So my advice, go to JDL. God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason. Sign up and show up for all their seminars. By the time your 30 you will know something.
I definetly want to learn more, I had a job with a landscape/enviromental cleanup/grading company this summer and we installed a 10zone system with 75 heads, thats the biggest system I've ever put in. And what was funny, the boss told me to get the guys goin every morning while he went off and did his thing.;) Not sure why, he was always there for running the wire and told me where to put the lines, I just dug all the lines (not by hand) and I told the other 2 guys how to plumb it and things like that.. I didnt really learn much from him though, well not as much I would've liked, when he was around I basically just stood there and watched him while he told me what to do and then I went and attempted whatever he had taught me, most times failing, but I tried!

rlpsystems
01-26-2009, 11:31 PM
10 zones 75 heads not that big.

Kiril
01-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Not a dry spot on the place..

Oh my ...................... :hammerhead:

Junior M
01-26-2009, 11:33 PM
10 zones 75 heads not that big.
For me it was, plus it was a resi, the biggest I'd ever put in or been around while being put in. The one at the house is 65 heads. 6zones, most are the little shrub heads (Thats what I've always called em? Not sure what yall call them?)

Junior M
01-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Oh my ...................... :hammerhead:
You'd be surprised the crap you see around here for irrigation, I am no expert, but I know better than a freakin dry spot and to put to many heads per zone for the GPM, my neighbor had an irrigation system put in a couple years before we moved in for cheap, he was always talkin about how cheap it was, then I saw it run one day, 1/4 of the yard was dry, the heads that were there didnt have enough pressure, just sad..

Kiril
01-26-2009, 11:49 PM
You'd be surprised the crap you see around here for irrigation

Actually, no I wouldn't be surprised

I am no expert

Yes, that much has been made abundantly clear.

Why are you posting in the forum anyhow? Granted these guys can be a bunch of arseholes, but in all honesty dude, your making it easy.

BTW, wet does NOT mean right.

bicmudpuppy
01-27-2009, 12:06 AM
First, I was NOT being sarcastic........TRUTH

Second, I wonder if our 14 year old genius realizes that his daddy's general liability policy is basically void if anyone ever sees this? It is against FEDERAL law to let anyone under 16 on a piece of construction equipment. There are loop holes if it is your own child, BUT those loop holes get pulled tight and disappear the day after you turn a profit and are no longer a sole proprietor. Not to mention the fact that general liability and workman's comp will not cover the kid or any one hurt on a job site he is working on. I used my own son as labor for years, but I could not let him operate ANYTHING for fear of the potential for an accident. I've stretched the rule on some residential stuff. Thank god the tech was kewl over the unmarked phone line one of the few times I let him plow. He would be the best operator I can hire, but I can't cover him on equipment at the golf course until he turns 16, and if the insurance isn't written right, I could have to wait until he is 18 (current policy will cover him as a non operator now and as an operator at 16)

Junior M
01-27-2009, 07:02 AM
First, I was NOT being sarcastic........TRUTH

Second, I wonder if our 14 year old genius realizes that his daddy's general liability policy is basically void if anyone ever sees this? It is against FEDERAL law to let anyone under 16 on a piece of construction equipment. There are loop holes if it is your own child, BUT those loop holes get pulled tight and disappear the day after you turn a profit and are no longer a sole proprietor. Not to mention the fact that general liability and workman's comp will not cover the kid or any one hurt on a job site he is working on. I used my own son as labor for years, but I could not let him operate ANYTHING for fear of the potential for an accident. I've stretched the rule on some residential stuff. Thank god the tech was kewl over the unmarked phone line one of the few times I let him plow. He would be the best operator I can hire, but I can't cover him on equipment at the golf course until he turns 16, and if the insurance isn't written right, I could have to wait until he is 18 (current policy will cover him as a non operator now and as an operator at 16)
I know my limits on a machine, if it gets hairy where I could possibly roll a machine or something dangerous like that I step back and let him handle it. And as far as hurting somebody, I know better than to hit somebody with a bucket or get really close with a bucket, so as far as hitting somebody, it could only ever happen if somebody ran out infront of me midswing and were to close to stop. As far as digging over utilities, that never happens and never will. We have always dug by hand to locate them first, if possible, or dug 3ft on each side of the marking paint and if we cant find it after going as deep as possible in that 6ft then we go at it with a machine and if we hit it with a machine its not our fault because its out of that 6ft R.O.W..

And nobody has ever said anything, everybody at Bobcat knows I run the equipment, and none of the homeowners say anything about it. If anybody would say anything it would be the guys at Bobcat, they are just happy to see me on a piece of equipment..

And I dont claim to know everything, so really quit sayin that BS...

Kiril
01-27-2009, 07:34 AM
Lesson #1: Never Say Never

AI Inc
01-27-2009, 07:56 AM

At one time ( mid 80,s ) if you bought enough pgp,s they would put your company name on the plastic slide top ( now replaced by rubber ) . I still see some of those heads in the ground and working.

AI Inc
01-27-2009, 08:05 AM
11 pages of arguing with a kid , ahhh the boredom on mid January.

Kiril
01-27-2009, 08:25 AM
11 pages of arguing with a kid , ahhh the boredom on mid January.

Dude, you ain't seen nutin .... how does 37 pages grab ya. :rolleyes:

Waterit
01-27-2009, 08:28 AM
After reading this morning's posts by Junior, I'm backing up.

Props to you, kid, for not turning tail and hauling it out of here in the face of our blistering posts. Thumbs Up

But DO get you some education, in school and out of it, and from the pros here and at JDL if you get the chance to go there. I'm 51 and have learned a lot since signing on here last spring - I'm the Original Dork Dweeb Piker Hack, so dubbed by Mr. Mike Leary Himself.

Junior M
01-27-2009, 09:56 AM
After reading this morning's posts by Junior, I'm backing up.

Props to you, kid, for not turning tail and hauling it out of here in the face of our blistering posts. Thumbs Up

But DO get you some education, in school and out of it, and from the pros here and at JDL if you get the chance to go there. I'm 51 and have learned a lot since signing on here last spring - I'm the Original Dork Dweeb Piker Hack, so dubbed by Mr. Mike Leary Himself.
Ok, now back to the topic, I got something to do this next weekend, but that JDL, will it be held at the JDL store or is it only in Myrtle Beach?

And thank you..

And for whoever said: Never say never.. I have always been careful with equipment, you can never be careful enough, especially if your digging and you dug as deep as possible and never found the utility and you've got a guy in the trench. I have always took my hands off of the controls when I've got a guy walking in front of me. And I know it could happen, but I am as careful as possible to keep it from happening. As soon as I get goin on my latest clearing job I'll get some vid for yall and show you I can do it..

Kiril
01-27-2009, 10:11 AM
As soon as I get goin on my latest clearing job I'll get some vid for yall and show you I can do it..

Don't bother as I think I speak for the majority of the people that frequent this forum when I say .... we don't care. :)

Junior M
01-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Don't bother as I think I speak for the majority of the people that frequent this forum when I say .... we don't care. :)
:laugh: I know some people didnt believe me when I said we installed irrigation, I figured atleast I could prove that to yall. I am goin to make vid's anyway.. :p

Mike Leary
01-27-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm the Original Dork Dweeb Piker Hack, so dubbed by Mr. Mike Leary Himself.

And doing VERY well at it, I might add. Hey! Where's those pics of you and Peter,did I miss them on another thread? :dizzy:

Wet_Boots
01-27-2009, 11:03 AM
And doing VERY well at it, I might add. Hey! Where's those pics of you and Peter,did I miss them on another thread? :dizzy:Look for them on the Smokinggundotcom website.....

Waterit
01-27-2009, 01:23 PM
And doing VERY well at it, I might add. Hey! Where's those pics of you and Peter,did I miss them on another thread? :dizzy:

Glad you've noticed.

Haven't posted any. Didn't take many, we were too busy with the Aquaterr, showing him around Pensacola Beach, displaying a couple of different water-source installs, and then stuffing ourselves with oysters (marine, not prairie).

AI Inc
01-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Glad you've noticed.

Haven't posted any. Didn't take many, we were too busy with the Aquaterr, showing him around Pensacola Beach, displaying a couple of different water-source installs, and then stuffing ourselves with oysters (marine, not prairie).

Ya mean not Mountain?

Mike Leary
01-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Haven't posted any.

Something fishy about this whole thing.:p

bicmudpuppy
01-27-2009, 02:46 PM
I know my limits on a machine,

And I dont claim to know everything, so really quit sayin that BS...

You just don't get it. Your under 25 and immortal. They call the ACCIDENTS for a reason and if/when one happens, your not covered. Therefore, your Pop isn't covered, his company isn't covered, and if whoever's wife or loved one who gets hurt has a good attorney, they will make sure anything and everything your Dad and his company ever make again belongs to them. Most of the guys on here wouldn't put a shovel in the ground without general liability. I say MOST, because I can't say ALL with certainty. I didn't write the federal mandate for child labor, but I have to follow it.

Waterit
01-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Ya mean not Mountain?

Them neither.

rlpsystems
01-28-2009, 08:32 AM
You just don't get it. Your under 25 and immortal. They call the ACCIDENTS for a reason and if/when one happens, your not covered. Therefore, your Pop isn't covered, his company isn't covered, and if whoever's wife or loved one who gets hurt has a good attorney, they will make sure anything and everything your Dad and his company ever make again belongs to them. Most of the guys on here wouldn't put a shovel in the ground without general liability. I say MOST, because I can't say ALL with certainty. I didn't write the federal mandate for child labor, but I have to follow it.

Good point. I know that in this day and age your crazy to go onto somebodies property to work for money and not have any insurance. I worked my first year without it but when the calls started to come in from people I didnt trust I ran to the insurance man. Better safe than sorry. And get a LLC.

Junior M
01-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Well, like I said in a previous post, I TRY to be as careful as possible. And 9 time out of 10 he's on the machine anyways... So its no big deal, dont worry about it.

Junior M
01-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Good point. I know that in this day and age your crazy to go onto somebodies property to work for money and not have any insurance. I worked my first year without it but when the calls started to come in from people I didnt trust I ran to the insurance man. Better safe than sorry. And get a LLC.
Let me ask you this, since I am goin to take the business full time and start running it when I graduate, whats the advantages of an LLC over just a regular company?

Wet_Boots
01-28-2009, 12:15 PM
It's almost self-defining "Limited Liability Corporation"

By the way, you might want to avoid being photographed operating any heavy equipment, until you are of age (according to insurance coverage and state labor laws) just so the insurance company bean counters don't ever have anything to point at, if they're in a mood to deny a claim.

Kiril
01-28-2009, 12:17 PM
if they're in a mood to deny a claim.

Tell me, when aren't they in that mood? :rolleyes:

Wet_Boots
01-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Tell me, when aren't they in that mood? :rolleyes:They're always in that mood, so you make an effort to give them nothing to work with.

bicmudpuppy
01-28-2009, 02:32 PM
They're always in that mood, so you make an effort to give them nothing to work with.

You mean like not posting pics and bragging about only being 14 and doing everything? I still don't think he gets it. He is way in the back on a machine he isn't supposed to be operating. Jose, in the front yard steps in a ditch and breaks his leg. His dad's company goes under because workman's comp won't pay Jose's medical or short term disability because they were operating illegally with child labor. The compound fracture causes a blod clot that kills Jose in the Hospital. Now, we have a grieving widow and six dependents who expect the company (or dad if they aren't incorporated) to support them for the rest of their lives.

And it CAN happen. We are talking about small risk that Jose buys the farm, but the odds are better of an accident with a complication leading to death than the odds that my lottery ticket is good.

Junior M
01-28-2009, 02:34 PM
It's almost self-defining "Limited Liability Corporation"

By the way, you might want to avoid being photographed operating any heavy equipment, until you are of age (according to insurance coverage and state labor laws) just so the insurance company bean counters don't ever have anything to point at, if they're in a mood to deny a claim.
Okay.. I was just curious...

And do you mean pics like this? They dont know if its not on our own property or not, and they've got to figure out our information first, so they can go ahead and try it..

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/JLM88_bucket/335-2.jpg

Junior M
01-28-2009, 02:37 PM
You mean like not posting pics and bragging about only being 14 and doing everything? I still don't think he gets it. He is way in the back on a machine he isn't supposed to be operating. Jose, in the front yard steps in a ditch and breaks his leg. His dad's company goes under because workman's comp won't pay Jose's medical or short term disability because they were operating illegally with child labor. The compound fracture causes a blod clot that kills Jose in the Hospital. Now, we have a grieving widow and six dependents who expect the company (or dad if they aren't incorporated) to support them for the rest of their lives.

And it CAN happen. We are talking about small risk that Jose buys the farm, but the odds are better of an accident with a complication leading to death than the odds that my lottery ticket is good.
We dont have employees, its me and him, and when we need people we get a guy from the pool company or he gets some body from the motorcycle club..

Why are you making a big deal out of this? Its none of your business how we operate or to try and dictate how we operate our company..

Mike Leary
01-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Why are you making a big deal out of this? Its none of your business how we operate or to try and dictate how we operate our company..

The problem, as I see it, is you're on the wrong forum. :hammerhead:

DanaMac
01-28-2009, 02:42 PM
And do you mean pics like this? They dont know if its not on our own property or not, and they've got to figure out our information first, so they can go ahead and try it..

If they did a web search for "Ernie Mankins & Sons Construction" they most likely will get some of these Lawnsite threads. If I search for my company or my name I get some matches for threads from here.

We aren't questioning your ability. You probably far exceed a lot of us on the equipment, just making you aware of the possible consequences. As someone else said "they are called accidents".

rlpsystems
01-28-2009, 02:44 PM
We dont have employees, its me and him, and when we need people we get a guy from the pool company or he gets some body from the motorcycle club..

JR. There just looking out for you. Sure its cool that you have all of those pictures but it is an unsafe practice. Insurance companies use lawers who know how to get pictures and for that matter anything else that will win them the case. They win..... You lose.....house,equiptment....everything.

Junior M
01-28-2009, 02:45 PM
If they did a web search for "Ernie Mankins & Sons Construction" they most likely will get some of these Lawnsite threads. If I search for my company or my name I get some matches for threads from here.

We aren't questioning your ability. You probably far exceed a lot of us on the equipment, just making you aware of the possible consequences. As someone else said "they are called accidents".
I've done it before and it brings up some threads from here but more construction stuff and some football player with the last name mankins..

Junior M
01-28-2009, 02:46 PM
JR. There just looking out for you. Sure its cool that you have all of those pictures but it is an unsafe practice. Insurance companies use lawers who know how to get pictures and for that matter anything else that will win them the case. They win..... You lose.....house,equiptment....everything.
I know they are, but really who is goin to come on here, print them, try and find us and then sue us for everything we got? It could happen yeah, but come on really who is goin to take that time just to sue us..

Wet_Boots
01-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Google probably already has these webpages archived, so the cat is somewhat out of the bag. Just hope for good fortune. You certainly can't depend on insurance company generosity or investigative incompetence.

TRILAWNCARE
01-28-2009, 02:48 PM
I still don't think he gets it. He is way in the back on a machine he isn't supposed to be operating.

Where does it say that you have to be a certain age to operate a piece of construction equipment????

Junior M
01-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Where does it say that you have to be a certain age to operate a piece of construction equipment????
I've seen it numerous times at the DMV for some reason and it says 16, who cares, done it since I was 6, I'll keep doin it..

Junior M
01-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Google probably already has these webpages archived, so the cat is somewhat out of the bag. Just hope for good fortune. You certainly can't depend on insurance company generosity or investigative incompetence.
Yeah, so some guy is goin to show up at the house one day with the pics sayin he's goin to sue? Just dont see it happening. And I am not the only one that has ran equipment since he was little.. Ask Dirtman2007 (Chris)

TRILAWNCARE
01-28-2009, 02:55 PM
I've seen it numerous times at the DMV for some reason and it says 16, who cares, done it since I was 6, I'll keep doin it..

DMV -------- Your not driving down the road.

Sit back for a minute and you might learn something.

Junior M
01-28-2009, 02:58 PM
DMV -------- Your not driving down the road.

Sit back for a minute and you might learn something.
Just cause I've been to the DMV doesnt mean I drive... Dont assume...

Wet_Boots
01-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Yeah, so some guy is goin to show up at the house one day with the pics sayin he's goin to sue? Just dont see it happening. And I am not the only one that has ran equipment since he was little.. Ask Dirtman2007 (Chris)It doesn't work that way. Nobody chases you down. It happens when a claim is made, for whatever reason, and your insurance provider says those three little words ~ "You're not covered" ~ now it's your family that gets to do all the heavy lifting, against a legal foe who is a master at counterpunching, and who has greater resources than you'll ever know.

TRILAWNCARE
01-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Just cause I've been to the DMV doesnt mean I drive... Dont assume...

Your not driving your excavator down the road. So what does the DMV have to do with how old your are, or need to be to operate a piece of construction equipment? I'm not assuming anything.

I was just asking BIC to explain why he think or to point out were it is stated that you need to be a certain age to operate construction equipment.

Now like I said, sit back and you might learn something. Instead of aimlessly posting.

Mike Leary
01-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Now like I said, sit back and you might learn something. Instead of aimlessly posting.
:wall:wall:wall

Junior M
01-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Your not driving your excavator down the road. So what does the DMV have to do with how old your are, or need to be to operate a piece of construction equipment? I'm not assuming anything.

I was just asking BIC to explain why he think or to point out were it is stated that you need to be a certain age to operate construction equipment.

I know and I told you what I knew! I posted that I saw the minimum age to operate at 16 that I saw at the DMV, why they have that info? I have no clue, but that was what I read... Whatever, yall are like talkin to brickwall.. :wall

Yeah, I am just aimlessly posting.. Thats what all this has been..:rolleyes:

TRILAWNCARE
01-28-2009, 04:56 PM
It doesn't work that way. Nobody chases you down. It happens when a claim is made, for whatever reason, and your insurance provider says those three little words ~ "You're not covered" ~ now it's your family that gets to do all the heavy lifting, against a legal foe who is a master at counterpunching, and who has greater resources than you'll ever know.

I'm almost afraid to ask Junior if his father even has a general liability policy. From the looks of it, it is just a one man horse and pony show and then only on the weekends. Unless you want to include Junior as a crew member.

Perhaps his father works somewhere else and does this construction deal on the weekends. Might not be able to even afford a GL policy working this way.

By the way GL polices do not specify an age limit on who they will and will not cover. They would cover him in the event of a claim, if the insurance company would renew or perhaps even cancel the policy after a claim would be a different story.

And Junior, watch what you say about us on other threads. It's not like we can't see what you aimlessly post else were. But then again, and I think I speak for every one here. It's not like we care.

Well sometimes your serious and sometimes your not.. Hard to tell.. :hammerhead: These guys in the Irrigation forum are ass holes imo..

Junior M
01-28-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm almost afraid to ask Junior if his father even has a general liability policy. From the looks of it, it is just a one man horse and pony show and then only on the weekends. Unless you want to include Junior as a crew member.

Perhaps his father works somewhere else and does this construction deal on the weekends. Might not be able to even afford a GL policy working this way.

By the way GL polices do not specify an age limit on who they will and will not cover. They would cover him in the event of a claim, if the insurance company would renew or perhaps even cancel the policy after a claim would be a different story.

And Junior, watch what you say about us on other threads. It's not like we can't see what you aimlessly post else were. But then again, and I think I speak for every one here. It's not like we care.
I dont care if you saw it, I've said it here to..

Dad did this for almost 20yrs in Ohio and due to certain circumstances we ended up in SC and have now been here since 01.. And yeah we only do it on the weekends, is there a problem with that? And I am part of this company, I help run this and it is just as much my company as his. Hints the "Sons"

Mike Leary
01-28-2009, 05:02 PM

Ditto..........."You can lead a........"

DanaMac
01-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Whatever, yall are like talkin to brickwall.. :wall

Yet... you keep talkin' :laugh:

Jr., understand most of us have been in business for many years, 14 myself. We've had a lot of these instances that we're mentioning. We've seen other guys get in trouble for this and that. We've seen the weekend warriors and fixed their messes (not saying you guys are like that). Take suggestions as they are. Suggestions. what you and your dad do with them is your choice.

Junior M
01-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Yet... you keep talkin' :laugh:

Jr., understand most of us have been in business for many years, 14 myself. We've had a lot of these instances that we're mentioning. We've seen other guys get in trouble for this and that. We've seen the weekend warriors and fixed their messes (not saying you guys are like that). Take suggestions as they are. Suggestions. what you and your dad do with them is your choice.
I know I cant stop.. :dizzy:

And yall have seen what pictures we've got of our irrigation, is it not clean and nice? I think it is..

And I want to get licensed and insured and all that this year. We didnt in 08 because we didnt want to go to all the work and then hardly get any work and have wasted all that money..

DanaMac
01-28-2009, 05:11 PM
And yall have seen what pictures we've got of our irrigation, is it not clean and nice? I think it is..

clean and nice doesn't mean it is designed properly. It may be, but clean and nice will get buried with dirt anyway.

Junior M
01-28-2009, 05:13 PM
clean and nice doesn't mean it is designed properly. It may be, but clean and nice will get buried with dirt anyway.
I know, but ugh, I dont know but it works fine and we installed our irrigation the summer of 07, and havent had a problem yet, a little clogging from pipe shavings, but I guess by clean and nice I mean didnt it look correct?

DanaMac
01-28-2009, 05:22 PM
I know, but ugh, I dont know but it works fine and we installed our irrigation the summer of 07, and havent had a problem yet, a little clogging from pipe shavings, but I guess by clean and nice I mean didnt it look correct?

There's a difference in looking correct and being designed correct. Proper head spacing, proper heads for the different areas, correct GPM for the zones depending on what you have available, do you have the proper backflow device and is it at the correct height, etc. When possible take some classes or go to some seminars at the suppliers to see what we are talking about.

Junior M
01-28-2009, 05:24 PM
There's a difference in looking correct and being designed correct. Proper head spacing, proper heads for the different areas, correct GPM for the zones depending on what you have available, do you have the proper backflow device and is it at the correct height, etc. When possible take some classes or go to some seminars at the suppliers to see what we are talking about.
I know its right, I just wanted some assurance. That was Dads and my first irrigation system ever, I've installed 5 personally since then, but it wasnt hard for him because he plumbed for years, and plumbed the houses he built for years..

Mike Leary
01-28-2009, 05:27 PM
correct Proper proper correct proper correct.

Yup, I'd have to agree.

TRILAWNCARE
01-28-2009, 05:32 PM
I know its right, I just wanted some assurance. That was Dads and my first irrigation system ever, I've installed 5 personally since then, but it wasnt hard for him because he plumbed for years, and plumbed the houses he built for years..

When you say personally you mean all by yourself????

Junior M
01-28-2009, 05:33 PM
When you say personally you mean all by yourself????
No, I mean personally like there personally on 5 installs..

TRILAWNCARE
01-28-2009, 05:39 PM
No, I mean personally like there personally on 5 installs..

I was going to say. Who the hell would hire a 14 year old to install a irrigation system. But since you clarified that.

Is there any license requirements for installing irrigation in SC?

Also does your father know the risks of not having insurance? By the looks of the pool and house I wouldn't say he can't afford it. If he can afford to go with out is perhaps the real question.

bicmudpuppy
01-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Okay, I didn't track down the federal, I went to my National Association site, followed the child labor link (Yes, Junior, until your 18, you are a child according to the government). From their, I followed the link for laws pertaining to SC (not NM this time, but the rules that would pertain specifically to Junior). I chased the links to HERE (http://www.youthrules.dol.gov/jobs.htm)
Construction, Excavation, etc. are all on the Forbidden list for teenagers.

So Junior, if you REPLY to this instead of BUZZING OFF, you have admitted your awareness of the actual LAW and if you continue to break it, you would now no longer just be worried about a canceled insurance policy or an accident not being covered. NOW, you know that it is criminal for your dad to LET you work in an occupation that is deemed Hazardous by the US government.

Junior M
01-28-2009, 05:43 PM
I was going to say. Who the hell would hire a 14 year old to install a irrigation system. But since you clarified that.

Is there any license requirements for installing irrigation in SC?

Also does your father know the risks of not having insurance? By the looks of the pool and house I wouldn't say he can't afford it. If he can afford to go with out is perhaps the real question.
That pool was a gift my mom gave to herself because she got hurt at work lifting boxes and she hurt something with a disk in her neck and the whole time she was out of work and rehab from surgery she kept saying she was goin to have a pool, well when she finally settled with Workmans Comp she got herself a pool and me and Dad just did the work..

I have never researched it, but the landscaper I worked for over the summer said there werent, but he was some BS, so who knows..

Junior M
01-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Okay, I didn't track down the federal, I went to my National Association site, followed the child labor link (Yes, Junior, until your 18, you are a child according to the government). From their, I followed the link for laws pertaining to SC (not NM this time, but the rules that would pertain specifically to Junior). I chased the links to HERE (http://www.youthrules.dol.gov/jobs.htm)
Construction, Excavation, etc. are all on the Forbidden list for teenagers.

So Junior, if you REPLY to this instead of BUZZING OFF, you have admitted your awareness of the actual LAW and if you continue to break it, you would now no longer just be worried about a canceled insurance policy or an accident not being covered. NOW, you know that it is criminal for your dad to LET you work in an occupation that is deemed Hazardous by the US government.
I knew it was illegal! I said before that I knew it was illegal to run equipment under the age of 16 in SC and all that other stuff..

TRILAWNCARE
01-28-2009, 05:48 PM
That pool was a gift my mom gave to herself because she got hurt at work lifting boxes and she hurt something with a disk in her neck and the whole time she was out of work and rehab from surgery she kept saying she was goin to have a pool, well when she finally settled with Workmans Comp she got herself a pool and me and Dad just did the work..

I have never researched it, but the landscaper I worked for over the summer said there werent, but he was some BS, so who knows..

What do you think would have happen if your mother's employer did not have insurance?

I bet your father would have been furious. But it's OK for him not to carry insurance on himself. And let a 14 year old do work on other peoples property.

I just don't understand some people........

Junior M
01-28-2009, 05:52 PM
What do you think would have happen if your mother's employer did not have insurance?

I bet your father would have been furious. But it's OK for him not to carry insurance on himself. And let a 14 year old do work on other peoples property.

I just don't understand some people........
I just dont understand why you are making a big deal out of this?

So what! Its not your business what we do, most people are happy I am working, just today I recieved a PM from someone saying they wished there kids had the drive I did and the want to learn things and wished they knew what they wanted to do with there life like I do and I am not the only person that has worked in the construction industry this young, Bobcat Ron did, Dirtman2007 did, and I am sure numerous other people did..

And will you just leave this alone, its illegal! Woopty do dah day, I dont care! I am done with this..

bicmudpuppy
01-28-2009, 06:00 PM
So WHAT??? Your a SCAB. Your "company" is using illegal child labor and your admitting your not carrying a general liability policy. That means you are bad for the industry. Your a low ball scab. Playing the numbers, hoping you don't do something that hurts someone else, while honest contractors who follow the RULES get beat out on bids. I don't care how many hours you work (but the state and fed do. Those rules are available too), it is that you are operating beyond the scope of fair competition. You can be cheaper because you have cut all the corners. Do you tell your customers you don't have insurance and are using "family" cheap labor to keep their cost down? Do you ask them to sign a useless waiver so they acknowledge they have hired a scab and if you screw up, they are out without recourse? TAKE A HIKE!

DanaMac
01-28-2009, 06:01 PM
OK Junior - my last post on it. We here try to weed out the guys that don't pay for insurance, workers comp, unemployment, licensing, education and taxes because those are the guys that are UNDER CUTTING us, and installing or servicing crap that we have to fix. Then the customer freaks when we charge correct rates for being a legit company with overhead. It gives us a bad name or reputation when Little Jr down the road can install a system for 1/3 or 1/2 what we do, then we charge high rates to fix the system not installed to code, regulations, or standard operating procedures.

I'm out -

Junior M
01-28-2009, 06:05 PM
So WHAT??? Your a SCAB. Your "company" is using illegal child labor and your admitting your not carrying a general liability policy. That means you are bad for the industry. Your a low ball scab. Playing the numbers, hoping you don't do something that hurts someone else, while honest contractors who follow the RULES get beat out on bids. I don't care how many hours you work (but the state and fed do. Those rules are available too), it is that you are operating beyond the scope of fair competition. You can be cheaper because you have cut all the corners. Do you tell your customers you don't have insurance and are using "family" cheap labor to keep their cost down? Do you ask them to sign a useless waiver so they acknowledge they have hired a scab and if you screw up, they are out without recourse? TAKE A HIKE!
Look, we dont low ball anyone, we've lost numerous bids on jobs to full time guys. And I told you, we didnt in 08 because we didnt know how well the first year would work out, but I am goin after it this year..

And we are just as professional as the next guy. Technically we worked 08 under our pool contractors licenses and things. We cut no freakin corners, everything we've done has been right. We had 1 call back, and that wasnt even our fault, the GFI we installed had moisture inside and wouldnt work right. Thats it! We back fill a whole lot better than the 2 full time guys our pool GC gets sometimes, but guess what? We are more expensive than them and guess where our prices per hour are with our competition in the area? the exact same as them..

the guys in the heavy equipment forum who should really care about this dont give a crap, but yet you do? What the h#ll is the big deal..

Wet_Boots
01-28-2009, 06:25 PM
What license? Most state licensing requires liability insurance to be carried. There's a good chance you were never actually licensed.

Junior M
01-28-2009, 06:27 PM
What license? Most state licensing requires liability insurance to be carried. There's a good chance you were never actually licensed.
You need a license to work in most counties or towns..

Wet_Boots
01-28-2009, 06:32 PM
A license is a piece of paper. What it represents may become non-existent, if required insurance isn't obtained. This is a state issue, and one's mileage may vary.

TRILAWNCARE
01-28-2009, 06:45 PM
We had 1 call back, and that wasnt even our fault, the GFI we installed had moisture inside and wouldnt work right.

So now you have a electrical license also?????

Or does your pool license cover installing wiring also????

Still would like to know what daddy would have thought if mommy's employer didn't have insurance to cover her injury. It must have been one heck of a injury to cover the cost of that pool. Is she OK now? How long was she in the hospital or off work, perhaps she still is unable to work.....

Junior M
01-28-2009, 06:49 PM
So now you have a electrical license also?????

Or does your pool license cover installing wiring also????

Still would like to know what daddy would have thought if mommy's employer didn't have insurance to cover her injury. It must have been one heck of a injury to cover the cost of that pool. Is she OK now? How long was she in the hospital or off work, perhaps she still is unable to work.....
My Dad is a licensed electrician and works for the power company fulltime. Thats what got us in with the pool builder..

I thought that was a retorical question. And she was out of work for over a year and a half, and yeah it was enough to pay for the pool.. I am not goin in to detail about this since its none yall's dam business...

TRILAWNCARE
01-28-2009, 06:53 PM
My Dad is a licensed electrician and works for the power company fulltime. Thats what got us in with the pool builder..

I thought that was a retorical question. And she was out of work for over a year and a half, and yeah it was enough to pay for the pool.. I am not goin in to detail about this since its none yall's dam business...

Honestly I'm sorry too hear about your mothers injury. But the point is what, would your father have thought if your mothers employer did not have insurance.

bicmudpuppy
01-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Honestly I'm sorry too hear about your mothers injury. But the point is what, would your father have thought if your mothers employer did not have insurance.

I wonder what Daddy's employer, a public utility? would say to Daddy moonlighting w/o proper insurance. Lots of employers don't mind you catching a little side action, but in some instances (smart lawyers are good at this), your liability can become their liability if your using the same licenses to do both scopes of work.

Junior M
01-28-2009, 07:01 PM
I know, but do yall ignore the fact that I am getting insurance this year once we get one job knocked out to pay for it we'll have insurance.. And that one job isnt a dangerous one, just clearing an acre..

bicmudpuppy
01-28-2009, 07:03 PM
I've got no axe to grind w/ junior except his punk attitude and the fact that he works for/owns a company that circumvents the rules we all are supposed to abide by.

Now that we have established all those facts, it might be a good time for this thread to either be locked or disappear. I am 99.9% sure that Daddy doesn't know that Junior is airing the linen here in the irrigation forum.

Junior M
01-28-2009, 07:03 PM
I wonder what Daddy's employer, a public utility? would say to Daddy moonlighting w/o proper insurance. Lots of employers don't mind you catching a little side action, but in some instances (smart lawyers are good at this), your liability can become their liability if your using the same licenses to do both scopes of work.
No he isnt using there license, he is licensed himself, he got it when we got 2 houses to wire.. And he has pulled the trailer to work, with and without equipment and they have never said a thing, and most guys know we work on the side..

and yes it is a public utility.. South Carolina Electric and Gas (SCE&G)

Junior M
01-28-2009, 07:06 PM
I've got no axe to grind w/ junior except his punk attitude and the fact that he works for/owns a company that circumvents the rules we all are supposed to abide by.

Now that we have established all those facts, it might be a good time for this thread to either be locked or disappear. I am 99.9% sure that Daddy doesn't know that Junior is airing the linen here in the irrigation forum.
He knows I am on LS.. And if I have a punk attitude, its only here because no one else seems to notice it? and if I listened to what yall told me, I would be setting at the house doing nothing, I would have no goals or wants in life and I would be really freakin lazy..... And for god sakes! It was our FIRST year, we didnt want to because we didnt know how well our first year would go, but we are now going to GET INSURANCE

TRILAWNCARE
01-28-2009, 07:11 PM
He knows I am on LS.. And if I have a punk attitude, its only here because no one else seems to notice it? and if I listened to what yall told me, I would be setting at the house doing nothing, I would have no goals or wants in life and I would be really freakin lazy..... And for god sakes! It was our FIRST year, we didnt want to because we didnt know how well our first year would go, but we are now going to GET INSURANCE

I thought it was 20 years. WTF

rlpsystems
01-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Wow. This bickering has been going on for two days now.. I'm going to the heavy equiptment forum to talk about lighting.

Junior M
01-28-2009, 07:14 PM
I thought it was 20 years. WTF
Our first year here, jesus, he had an underground utilities company in OHIO

TRILAWNCARE
01-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Wow. This bickering has been going on for two days now.. I'm going to the heavy equiptment forum to talk about lighting.

Perhaps we should all go over to the heavy equipment forum and talk about insurance, or Juniors and his fathers lack of.......

TRILAWNCARE
01-28-2009, 07:18 PM
I know, but do yall ignore the fact that I am getting insurance this year once we get one job knocked out to pay for it we'll have insurance.. And that one job isnt a dangerous one, just clearing an acre..

I seriously don't think a insurance company is going to insure a 14 year old. Wake up dude. Go dream somemore kid....

rlpsystems
01-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Perhaps we should all go over to the heavy equipment forum and talk about insurance, or Juniors and his fathers lack of.......

I dont understand why they think there never going to %$ck up anything. My motto is "you do enough for long enough your gonna mess something up".

rlpsystems
01-28-2009, 07:20 PM
I seriously don't think a insurance company is going to insure a 14 year old. Wake up dude. Go dream somemore kid....

How much is there policy for anyway. Liability insurance at 1million is only 500 per year for me.

rlpsystems
01-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Is John Deere University over yet?

Junior M
01-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Dont even talk about my Dad like that, them guys know we arent full time and legal yet, so get over it! go ahead..

Junior M
01-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Why dont you wake up? My Dad technically runs the business by himself, but I ugh, whatever, I am done with this BS...

Mike Leary
01-28-2009, 07:27 PM
How much is there policy for anyway. Liability insurance at 1million is only 500 per year for me.

Mine is about $800.00 a year with the bond; big deal.

TRILAWNCARE
01-28-2009, 07:28 PM
I dont understand why they think there never going to %$ck up anything. My motto is "you do enough for long enough your gonna mess something up".

I would just like for Junior to sit down long enough and think what would have happen if his mother was not covered by her employers insurance. If he or his father were to injure someone what would happen. This is the point he is not grasping. What if it was his mother hurt by a irrigation contractor that didn't have insurance, would he still be going on the way he is, saying it is no big deal. I just wonder how Junior would feel if he or his father hurt someone. From the sounds of it he would think it's no big deal.

You go a lot to learn kid. First off that you don't know #&$*&

1MajorTom
01-28-2009, 07:29 PM
enough already.