PDA

View Full Version : Which light duty dump truck?

JLL25
01-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Age old question "who makes the best truck?". I really like the Chevy styling, and I drive an F-350 dump truck now which is a DOG. I think its an '01 its got the V-10 in it and this damn thing won't push a chipper or bobcat up a slight hill in reverse, I mean it just stops!!! Our '05 GMC with the 6.0 does better than that.

So anyhow those trucks are my ft employers, I am going to buy my own and I want the best for around 25k. I want a dump bed and a plow, and I think I'd be best off with a diesel. Any suggestions???

TXNSLighting
01-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Do a search, this has been beat to death and causes so many arguments...Any of the diesels on the market now will do just fine with that. Just go drive em and feel which one you like the best. These threads have got to stop...

dura to the max
01-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Do a search, this has been beat to death and causes so many arguments...Any of the diesels on the market now will do just fine with that. Just go drive em and feel which one you like the best. These threads have got to stop...

almost every thread on here has been discussed before...if we searched and found everything there would be no LS...now some of these people need to think before posting...

TXNSLighting
01-27-2009, 05:31 PM
almost every thread on here has been discussed before...if we searched and found everything there would be no LS...now some of these people need to think before posting...

I guarantee there are still plenty of good topics that have yet to be discussed, but the which is better?? Thats just, yeh..

dura to the max
01-27-2009, 05:35 PM
I guarantee there are still plenty of good topics that have yet to be discussed, but the which is better?? Thats just, yeh..

thats where common sense comes in...go drive a few and see...

now "how does the new f-150 tow 10k compared to the new tundra?" is a legit question (though we know a jap truck cant do it) since we cant go tow 10k to try it out...but i agree, go drive a 1 ton dodge, ford, and chevy and see which motor responds best...

TXNSLighting
01-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Ill agree with that.

JLL25
01-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the input. If it bugs you so much to see such an over asked question then why don't you just ignore it? But no you just had to show somebody how irritated you were.

I did a search on my question, I don't feel like reading volumes of posts to get answers. I go try to do a search and then I've gotta sort through all the little bickering and tangents that everyone gets into. Seems like someone asks a question around here that might require one page of responses, but then for that one page of responses you've got 4 more of just off the subject material and arguing that gets so far away from the original intent of the thread topic!

I don't live in an area with alot of work truck dealers so I thought I'd get the heads up on what the general preference is out there and why. I know you can't tell me what I'll LIKE, but maybe what seems to be the better truck lately--you know like probs with the tranny, hydraulic hoist, 4-wheel drive systems, which diesel is better for pulling a trailer, etc, etc, etc..............

duke12
01-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the input. If it bugs you so much to see such an over asked question then why don't you just ignore it? But no you just had to show somebody how irritated you were.

I did a search on my question, I don't feel like reading volumes of posts to get answers. I go try to do a search and then I've gotta sort through all the little bickering and tangents that everyone gets into. Seems like someone asks a question around here that might require one page of responses, but then for that one page of responses you've got 4 more of just off the subject material and arguing that gets so far away from the original intent of the thread topic!

I don't live in an area with alot of work truck dealers so I thought I'd get the heads up on what the general preference is out there and why. I know you can't tell me what I'll LIKE, but maybe what seems to be the better truck lately--you know like probs with the tranny, hydraulic hoist, 4-wheel drive systems, which diesel is better for pulling a trailer, etc, etc, etc..............

Ok, heres what I did before I bought my truck.(dump truck)
I brought to the house hooked up a trailer with a loader on top then, I took it around the block to see if it was able to pull it.
I currently run all duramax diesels and have my reasons why.
Just like my compitior runs all fords. He has his reasons I have mine.
Seeing how this is your money, only you can deciede whats best for you.
Not trying to be an Ahole but, the question sounds like its comming from a fourth grader. Again, I'm not trying to be a smarta@#
Good luck

lawn king
01-27-2009, 08:28 PM
If your going to spend 25 grand, dont rule out cabovers?

Jusmowin
01-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Lawn King ,Im with you I really like the cab overs and in my area you really need too have good manurerabilty to get down some of the narrower streets. My future truck will most likely be a cab over.

TXNSLighting
01-28-2009, 01:08 AM
Like i also said, you cant go wrong with any of them. They are all quite equal right now. I personally feel the best all around built truck is the Ford super duty. But thats just my opinion. My main dish wasnt really twoards you, it twoards some of the others on here, who will say i am wrong with my choice and then someone else will say well your choie sucks i had this happen to me blah blah... Sorry for making it sound like i was comin down on you.

Gravel Rat
01-28-2009, 02:19 AM
I would be straying away from a regular 1 ton you should be looking at anything with a 15,000lb gvw or better. In todays market you have to be legal a regular 1 ton doesn't have much legal payload.

AtoZ
01-29-2009, 01:03 AM
GM - Ford - and Dodge are all good. Get the one you like the best. I can easily haul 5 ton on my 3500 Dodge though I sometimes put more on it. It hauls 3-4 like it's not even there. However I very rarely put more than 7 tons on the 550. More like 6 to be safe. Still no matter how you slice it you will almost always be over the 'legal' limit... No matter the GVW rating. People seem to have forgoten that all pickups/550 series trucks are light duty...

AtoZ
01-29-2009, 01:07 AM
If your wanting new my local Chevy dealer has a brand new 3500 chassis with Duramax and Allison Auto for $24,500. Now is the time to buy. Awesome little truck with a neat little price...