PDA

View Full Version : lawn & tree/shrub software help

americanlawn
01-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Don't want to spend $10,000 and I ain't getting answers on other forums.

Anybody tried QXpress? I've already looked at Realgreen, Clip, Groundskeeper Pro, customonlinesolutioins, and NCH.

I want software that deals with 3000 lawn & tree customers. Able to print invoices, allow for specific details regarding each property, efficient routing, printing prepay letters, etc. How about maps for accounts that require "just some areas"?

I can bite the bullet, but $10,000 seems very expensive to me. Anybody running Quickbooks? thanks, rscvp

p.s. I'm talking chemical applications -- NOT mowing...like most software programs are designed for.

Real Green
01-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Larry,

Call me tomorrow. I am not going to put the sale pitch on you, but I might have a suggestion. Just so you know, I got Rodney to bite the bullet. He just purchased Real Green Software. Hope all is well. :usflag:

americanlawn
01-27-2009, 08:21 PM
I knew he was gay, but I never figured he was stupid enough to buy this crap?

All kidding aside I'll call ya. Thanks much, fellow TURFCO :usflag:T3000 A-Team member.

Larry,

Call me tomorrow. I am not going to put the sale pitch on you, but I might have a suggestion. Just so you know, I got Rodney to bite the bullet. He just purchased Real Green Software. Hope all is well. :usflag:

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
01-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Larry, I use Qxpress coupled with Quickbooks & we do lawn, tree & pest chem apps, mowing, clean-ups, snowplowing & one time install type work. Qxpress handles it all very well. No costly updates. Prints prepay letters. Anymore I think about biting the bullet & getting the realgreen software though.......

Josh.S
01-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Don't want to spend $10,000 and I ain't getting answers on other forums.

Anybody tried QXpress? I've already looked at Realgreen, Clip, Groundskeeper Pro, customonlinesolutioins, and NCH.

I want software that deals with 3000 lawn & tree customers. Able to print invoices, allow for specific details regarding each property, efficient routing, printing prepay letters, etc. How about maps for accounts that require "just some areas"?

I can bite the bullet, but $10,000 seems very expensive to me. Anybody running Quickbooks? thanks, rscvp

p.s. I'm talking chemical applications -- NOT mowing...like most software programs are designed for.

Larry, this is Josh from Lima, I called and talked to you on the phone a while ago.

Anyways, I use qxpress and it seems to do okay. I haven't used it with fertilizing yet though, just mowing and such.

Larry, I use Qxpress coupled with Quickbooks & we do lawn, tree & pest chem apps, mowing, clean-ups, snowplowing & one time install type work. Qxpress handles it all very well. No costly updates. Prints prepay letters. Anymore I think about biting the bullet & getting the realgreen software though.......

What is making you thinking of getting real green? I was thinking about upgrading my qxpress and buying the mapping add-on but maybe I should just buy Real Green...

Is there any specific features that qxpress lacks in your opinion?

I don't know what to get... haha..

JLC
01-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Larry,

I'm about to pop for Realgreen... If you pop for it at the same time we could split the trainers airfare, car rental, meals and hotel since we are only about an hour apart... That is the part of the expense that is slowing me up on my purchase. Let me know, it would save quite a bit of initial cash outlay for the system and that would benefit us both. I don't see why they wouldn't do that for us. Call them up and have them do the online demo. We did it about two weeks ago with Cliff and I feel good about purchasing it. He went through all aspects of the software and answered a lot of questions from me. Took about two hours. The ongoing fees don't bother me. In my previous job all of our software had maintenance fees. It's just part of the game. Call me if you want of PM me.

Ben

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
01-29-2009, 05:37 PM
What is making you thinking of getting real green? I was thinking about upgrading my qxpress and buying the mapping add-on but maybe I should just buy Real Green...

Is there any specific features that qxpress lacks in your opinion?

I don't know what to get... haha..

Qxpress is great, but I often wonder if I am putting off the inevitable? I would like to have a seamless software package that integrates marketing & upselling as Realgreen does. I'd also like to have one program to deal with, not the two side by side, as you do with QB & QX. I don't look forward to the cost however:cry:

americanlawn
01-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks ALL very very much. My prob is our bookkeeper (wife) is stuck on Peachtree accounting software, and she's VERY stubborn. Talked to Matt today -- says Real Green is the way to go -- problem there is my wife doesn't want strangers coming in and going through our books plus she doesn't want to learn new software. Then there's the cost....and she calls ME a cheapskate:laugh:. I trust Matt 100%, so I know Real Green is the best. Bottom line, I'm caught between a rock & a hard place right now.

I truly appreciate everybody's help as well as your friendship, so PM me anytime. I will give my phone numbers if anybody wants to call. Right now, I'm thinking QXpress, but we'll see. Thanks guys, and I also appreiciate lawnsite very much.

JLC
01-29-2009, 07:11 PM
My wifes the same way but, I just see too many benefits. It is pricey, but I think the cost will pay itself back.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
01-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Larry, I just learned that Qxpress will be launching an online version with customer portal. Looks like customers will be able to log in & make payments, look at what they have scheduled, etc... That may be enough to keep me from seriously considering Realgreen. Qxpress platinum cost ~1,300+195 if you want the mobile PDA version per PDA + $~600 for mapping program (includes Microsoft Mappoint)

Josh.S
01-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Larry, I just learned that Qxpress will be launching an online version with customer portal. Looks like customers will be able to log in & make payments, look at what they have scheduled, etc... That may be enough to keep me from seriously considering Realgreen. Qxpress platinum cost ~1,300+195 if you want the mobile PDA version per PDA + $~600 for mapping program (includes Microsoft Mappoint)

Where can I get information about this at? This is part of the reason I was considering Real Green... because I figured that I would want/need a customer portal as I grow.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
01-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Where can I get information about this at? This is part of the reason I was considering Real Green... because I figured that I would want/need a customer portal as I grow.

I believe it is in the latest newsletter on their site. It hasn't launched yet, but looks to be anytime. As per what I read, you will be able to access your Qxpress & QB from any computer w/ Internet. That would give the ability to have a laptop w/ a mobile Internet card have access to programs when giving quotes. :clapping:

ant
01-30-2009, 08:04 PM
http://www.customizedbusinesssoftware.com/Home_Page.html

i been with this guy for 18 years. he just up dated the whole program.. give him a call. great guy to deal with.

anthony grelli

ted putnam
01-30-2009, 08:46 PM
http://www.customizedbusinesssoftware.com/Home_Page.html

i been with this guy for 18 years. he just up dated the whole program.. give him a call. great guy to deal with.

anthony grelli

Thanks Ant...You Da Man! I found that a year or so ago, wrote down the info, got busy, misplaced the info and couldn't find it again on the web. Looked good and reasonably priced. Thanks again for the post!

americanlawn
02-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Ditto -- thanks all. Orded a free CD nearly a week ago. Still waiting, but I got 2 emails from 'em. Been online trying the software, but nothing's better than talking to them in person.

I suspect real green is overpriced, but I'm not sure -- especially features offered. We'll soon see. Upgrades are a good thing.

ant
02-01-2009, 03:30 PM
LARRY, is that billmaster you are talking about?

americanlawn
02-01-2009, 05:13 PM
ANT -- when it comes to software, it's like, "Is it a pine or a maple". :laugh: Cuz I'm probably the most stupid lawnsite member there is when it comes to software. I want it simple, not too expensive, newest technology, without needing "two guys from Chicago" to come in and examining our books for 3 or 4 days?? (Who pays for this?)

Some softwares cost over $10,000 and require "people we don't trust" to completely go through our books, then we can only hope for the best (not good). Then they ask us to pay for some kind of annual fee.....to me -- this is not logical. This seems like a ripoff, but I spose they need to feed their families.

I figure that's why we are seeing other options/new software companies that are offering better options. My 2 cents worth.

MStine315
02-02-2009, 07:55 PM
FWIW, I have been happy with CLIP. I have quickbooks with Qclip which talk to each other, but I looked at the dropdown menu and mine shows where you can import from Peachtree. I do my prepay letters from it and will be ordering mappoint for routing. Again, fwiw.

americanlawn
02-03-2009, 05:46 PM
hmmmm - Peachtree? Now I have some ammo to use for convincing the bookkeeper, cuz she swears by Peachtree accounting software. Thanks. (still looking though) :laugh:

FWIW, I have been happy with CLIP. I have quickbooks with Qclip which talk to each other, but I looked at the dropdown menu and mine shows where you can import from Peachtree. I do my prepay letters from it and will be ordering mappoint for routing. Again, fwiw.