PDA

View Full Version : Private property

Mykster
03-02-2002, 03:37 AM
Looking for new areas to target this season. Went to this higherscale neighborhood for possibilities and found a no tresspassing/private community sign as I entered. But, it's not all that private. Should I go for it, or just move on? I believe that there's some potential accts. in this community.

Bob Minney
03-02-2002, 03:36 PM
I'd respect the private property sign. Look at trying to get in with direct mail, or maybe an add in the homeowners association newsletter. Taking the chance of getting chased off by security is probably not the type of attention you are looking for. Again just me- but I wouldn't do it.

2 man crew
03-03-2002, 01:16 AM
How many homes are in this private developement? I would do a direct mailing if its under a 100.

Always Green
03-08-2002, 02:19 AM
Do a direct mail but don't do it ocupant or homeowner, go to your tax collectors office and find out the names of the homeowners.this will work much better in a upscale community.:blob2:

LawnLad
03-08-2002, 09:13 AM
Go with the direct mail. The information is also available at your local library in the Criss Cross directory. By street you can identify the addresses, and names if they have listed phone numbers. Otherwise tax records office or put "Neighbor" in the address block

Commander
03-08-2002, 03:40 PM
It is my belief that in high income neighborhoods the owners of the houses will be sticking with their service providers for quite some time. If they do require a change of service provider they will most likely take on someone who is recommended to them by either a friend, or another service provider for that residence. That is just my belief though.

Nebraska
03-08-2002, 06:48 PM
Agree with LL. Direct Mail and do it more than once (many)!
Another way to get the addresses is to get at least one from the area and go to the us postal service website zip code look up and find the route #. It will read R067 or C238 something like that... You then can purchase the list for everyone in that zipcode on that carrier route... The list runs us $212 for up to 7900 names, addresses, and numbers. It's emailed with multiple usage available. We use it with current customers to create density.

John Allin
03-09-2002, 09:46 PM
We went after an upscale neighborhood once by sending a series of post cards to the homes (with their names, not to occupant).... First post card said "All....."

Second said "All we......

Last post card said "All we ask is the opportunity to serve you in a truly professional manner"... with our logo and phone number.

Sent them every three days.

40% called for a quote.

Over 5 years we did some type of work at 75% of the neighborhood.

Nebraska
03-09-2002, 10:14 PM
CANT GET MORE CREATIVE THAN THAT! NOW HIDE THIS THREAD!:D
Did the first two even have a logo and number?

CS Lawns
03-10-2002, 06:40 PM
I have logged onto the county assesors web page. You can type in a name or address in the search field and an aerial picture and a front picture of the home & property along with all information of the property will be there to view. Also when you find the house you want use your mouse to click on the property next to the one you want & it gives you property owners name etc. keep cklicking on adjacent properties. Save some drive time.