PDA

View Full Version : Drunk Snow Plow Driver

LightYourNight
01-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Plow driver backed up into one of 4 post lights we installed this summer.

Knocked it right off.

His insurance is supposedly gonna pay for it.

The bill is around 1800 for a new post, dec base and one new fixture to replace one that had a broken base.

You guys have any issues with snow plow drivers?.... I get a bunch of business from broken fixtures.

Chris J
01-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Oh, Jeeze! I get this all the time! Right around Christmas when it's really cold the snow blowers just piss me off! This past year there had to be about 30 snow blowers going by on tractor trailers heading up North. Just knowing that they were going somewhere that there was snow just made me FUME! Man, I hate those snow blowers!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-28-2009, 08:03 AM
I would say that plow driver did the client a huge favour! He removed a gawd-awful glare bomb and opened up some opportunity to install some good lighting in that area.

I love to rip out horrible fixtures like that... every time I drive up to a new client and see them installed... well all I see is opportunity! Does anyone really like the light that those fixtures produce? Glare, Glare, Glare... and probably a lot of over-illumination too. Just horrible!

mattfromNY
01-28-2009, 08:20 AM
So, was the driver drunk? Or did you just want to get all of our attention with that title?
$hit happens... Ice, plowing in the dark (were the lights ON at the time- the drives I plow at night are usually dark, other than my headlights) tall snowbanks that make visibility darn near zero, lights and landscaping placed in the DUMBEST places by an architect that OBVIOUSLY doesn't plow snow or mow lawns and has NO idea that they just placed a light pole in the ONLY place to stack snow, or made all of the beds and hardscaping 19" apart when the standard mower is 21" wide!!!!!!!!
Thats what insurance is for.

LightYourNight
01-28-2009, 10:19 AM
the customer has a long drive and really wanted these huge posts. i ended up putting 10w candle bulbs in them. more of a decorative feature. they match the large fixtures on his gate. They really dont glare. They go well with the low volt lights on the house, trees and gate. It reminds me of some kind of chronicals of narnia world up there and it turned out pretty cool.

the lights were on. and there were plenty of areas for the plow driver to put snow. He just was in a hurry and backed up into it from what ive heard.

ya im just posting pictures that were left on a crappy old camera cause im bored.

klkanders
01-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Come on now...lets not be so negative. :) I guess the driver didn't see the marker poles on where to stop! Some will run into or back into anything...even large trees. You have to pay attention when doing this kinda work thats for sure. I see all kinds of mishaps every year as I move snow also.

Keith

LightYourNight
01-28-2009, 01:50 PM
i wonder if it hurt his truck... timberrr

rlpsystems
01-30-2009, 07:44 PM
It happens so often. The fact is, that they dont care as much as we do. I mean, from the start of a job, til the night that its finished, we make and create something truly awesome. They just wanna get home. I love hanging around a completed job long past the HO. They love it, but I love it more.....