PDA

View Full Version : Actual cost of fertlizer!

meomypete
01-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Someone is making a lot of money. WWW.fertecom.com
DAP fob Tampa (metric tonne) $350.00
DAP fob Central Florida (short ton) $308.75
DAP fob NOLA (short ton) $312.50

Urea (Prill) fob Yuzhnyy (metric tonne) $289.25
Urea (Prill) fob Baltic (metric tonne) $282.50
Urea (prill) fob China bulk/bagged (metric tonne) $283.75
Urea (gran) fob barge NOLA (short ton) $305.00
Urea (gran) fob Middle East (metric tonne) $293.75

Ammonia fob Yuzhnyy (metric tonne) $200.00
Ammonia cfr Tampa (metric tonne) $125.00

Ammonium nitrate fob NOLA (short ton) $228.75

UAN (32% N) fob NOLA (short ton) $208.75

molten sulphur cfr Tampa/delivered C.Florida ($/long ton) $75.75
solid sulphur - Adnoc monthly lifting price at Ruwais ($/tonne) $50.00

meomypete
01-28-2009, 01:04 PM
http://www.fertecon.com/ie4/index.htm

is the correct web site. I paid $360/ton ammonia a few weeks ago and that included the 60 mile trucking for 48 tons.

Grandview
01-28-2009, 02:49 PM
What is your point?

grenskpr
01-28-2009, 02:52 PM
I was quoted 300.00 ton for UAN this morning

meomypete
01-28-2009, 03:09 PM
My point is that the US economy is now built on markup & speculation. That is why the Obama Stimulus is not going to work because it feeds the economy sugar rather than letting the speculators eat their excesses and have true healthy prices. The bailouts will reward the wrong people to have any truly lasting fixes. Shop around and help the competitive do their thing.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
01-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Those prices reflect what the raw product is trading for on the commodities market. You have to allow for markup for trasportation to US if from abroad, trasportation to packing plant, bagging of material, markup of the wholesaler selling to you, the end user. Oh, and many of the vendors are sitting on fert. they bought long ago, when prices were not as favorable.

That being said, fert prices from my vendor are down to Winter '07 levels:)

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-28-2009, 11:01 PM
My point is that the US economy is now built on markup & speculation. That is why the Obama Stimulus is not going to work because it feeds the economy sugar rather than letting the speculators eat their excesses and have true healthy prices. The bailouts will reward the wrong people to have any truly lasting fixes. Shop around and help the competitive do their thing.

Off topic but...
Sounds like the Gasoline markets....
Supply and demand my buns...

mdlwn1
03-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Gee...wonder if your customers know the true cost for you to cut their lawn?

coiclawn
03-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Gee...wonder if your customers know the true cost for you to cut their lawn?

Good point. It pays to shop around, I go to the big chains for boots and spreader parts other than that there is nothing they carry that I can't get a damn site cheaper through my smaller distributor. It amazes me when I see all the landscaper and pc trucks rolling thru their building.Does the conenience of not getting out of your truck justify the high prices that they charge???? No matter what part of the country you live in if you look around hard enough you will find a wholesaler that will give you a much better deal and support.