PDA

View Full Version : Low volume insecticides

VARMIT COMMISSION
01-28-2009, 02:42 PM
What is in least amount of carrier /M you have sucessfully controlled fleas and ticks in a lawn. I will be using permetherin and or talstar.

olive123
01-28-2009, 03:43 PM
the label will have that info

VARMIT COMMISSION
01-28-2009, 05:28 PM
I just got back inside from the shop and spent quite a while reading the label on both permethrin and talstar and cant seem to find where on the label it tells me the least amount of carrier "you have sucessfully controlled fleas and ticks" with, BUT if you will tell me where on the label I can find my specific question I asked I would run back out there and take another look.
The label in reference to low volume spraying says "less than 2 gallon/m water immediatly with .25 inch of water to ensure efficacy sub-surface pest, is recomended. Label does not give a minimun amount of carrier.
So---back to my original question.

greendoctor
01-29-2009, 12:00 AM
It can work without watering in, however the way you apply that 1 or 2 gallon/M differs greatly from what you are used to. Your application parameters becomes fan or cone nozzles on a boom, pressure at the boom 100+ PSI. I have applied insecticides to turf in this fashion before, it works, but your equipment is different.