PDA

View Full Version : Letter from one of my customers

americanlawn
01-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Please read this, and you will realize the TRUTH about most small business owners. This guy is a customer who runs his own business, and he too has just about had it with how government has jeopardized America's small businesses. I just received it, and it is worth reading. Thanks.

turf hokie
01-28-2009, 05:17 PM
attachment is pending approval, cant read it Larry

americanlawn
01-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Sorry about that. It's an accurate article with no bad things about anybody or any politics. Not sure why it is not available for viewing on lawnsite, cuz it fits right down the pike in the "employment" forum. Until it is, I can forward it via email. PM me if interested....anybody. Thanks.

BTW, this guy signed up again for ALL apps, grub, aeration, and mowing. Why it is not posted here? Ain't my fault. If the moiderators want his name & address....I can provide it if that helps. Thanks much, cuz it is a very Patriotic article. :usflag:

attachment is pending approval, cant read it Larry

1MajorTom
01-28-2009, 07:22 PM
i don't know what he means when he says it is pending approval.. but I opened it up and read it just fine.

LawnTamer
01-28-2009, 07:45 PM
I can't open it either. larry, can you do a cut and paste?

StBalor
01-28-2009, 08:07 PM
I cannot open either. Says pending approval though on the link.

whoopassonthebluegrass
01-28-2009, 08:16 PM
or publish it to PDF...

grassman177
01-29-2009, 12:54 AM
you can emial it to me, i will read it. it isnot readable on here for me either

DaughtryLC
01-29-2009, 01:03 AM
pm me 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mickhippy
01-29-2009, 03:12 AM
Just cut n paste it into a reply!

woodbutcher44
01-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Um OK then there are to many threads like this
Not worth the ti-----------------------

LawnGuy73
01-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Pending approval...................

grassman177
01-31-2009, 11:54 AM
american, are you going to send the letter to me so i can read it?,. thanks

meicher806
01-31-2009, 02:49 PM
I would like to read could you please cut and paste or pm it to me. thanks

turf hokie
02-01-2009, 09:05 PM
C'mon Larry cut-n-paste man.

DLAWNS
02-01-2009, 09:09 PM
I'd be interested also, Larry.

mattfromNY
02-01-2009, 11:15 PM
I'd like to see it, too. I tried to open it, but got the 'pending approval' message.

Mickhippy
02-02-2009, 04:22 AM
Why do I keep clicking the email link? There goes 3mins of my life!

LawnGuy73
02-02-2009, 07:17 AM
I'm guessing that we are not going to get to see this letter.....

Stillwater
02-02-2009, 09:23 AM
i don't know what he means when he says it is pending approval.. but I opened it up and read it just fine.

mabey becouse you are the senior moderator.....

americanlawn
02-04-2009, 05:50 PM
1MajorTom -- Would you please be able to download this letter onto this forum so folks can see it? Reason: I am computer stupid, and I don't know how. Fact is -- I use the "Columbus method" (find a KEY and land on it). Thanks in advance, americanlawn

DLAWNS
02-04-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm having a little trouble trying to post this for Larry so bear with me.

DLAWNS
02-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Larry-- It still says pending approval, but I got it to post and I can open it on my end. I hope it works. Let me know if it works for anyone else.

KS_Grasscutter
02-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Still nothing. I almost said why not cut and paste like everyone else, then it dawned on me this is a letter you RECEIVED from a customer. Sure is hard to copy and paste from a piece of PAPER lol.

DLAWNS
02-04-2009, 10:10 PM
I just copy and pasted it from the word document like others suggested. FInally.......here is the letter.......

To All My Valued Employees,

There have been some rumblings around the office about the future of this company, and more Specifically, your job. As you know, the economy has changed for the worse and presents many Challenges. However, the good news is this: The economy doesn't pose a threat to your job. What does threaten your job however, is the changing political landscape in this country. However, let me tell you some little tidbits of fact which might help you decide what is in your best interests. First, while it is easy to spew rhetoric that casts employers against employees, you have to understand that for every business owner there is a Back Story. This back story is often neglected and overshadowed by what you see and hear. Sure, you see me park my Mercedes outside. You've seen my big home at last years Christmas party. I'm sure; all these flashy icons of luxury conjure up some idealized thoughts about my life. However, what you don't see is the BACK STORY:
I started this company 28 years ago. At that time, I lived in a 300 square foot studio apartment for 3 years. My entire living apartment was converted into an office so I could put forth 100% effort into building a company, which by the way, would eventually employ you. My diet consisted of Ramen Pride noodles because every dollar I spent went back into this company. I drove a rusty Toyota Corolla with a defective transmission. I didn't have time to date. Often times, I stayed home on weekends, while my friends went out drinking and partying. In fact, I was married to my business -- hard work, discipline, and sacrifice. Meanwhile, my friends got jobs. They worked 40 hours a week and made a modest $50K a year and spent every dime they earned. They drove flashy cars and lived in expensive homes and wore fancy designer clothes. Instead of hitting the Nordstrom's for the latest hot fashion item, I was trolling through the discount store extracting any clothing item that didn't look like it was birthed in the 70's. My friends refinanced their mortgages and lived a life of luxury. I, however, did not. I put my time, my money, and my life into a business with a vision that eventually, some day, I too, will be able to afford these luxuries my friends supposedly had. So, while you physically arrive at the office at 9 A.M., mentally check in at about noon, and then leave at 5 P.M., I don't. There is no "off" button for me. When you leave the office, you are done and you have a weekend all to yourself. I unfortunately do not have the freedom. I eat, and breathe this company every minute of the day. There is no rest. There is no weekend. There is no happy hour. Every day this business is attached to my hip like a 1 year old special-needs child. You, of course, only see the fruits of that garden -- the nice house, the Mercedes, the vacations... you never realize the Back Story and the sacrifices I've made. Now, the economy is falling apart and I, the guy that made all the right decisions and saved his money, have to bail-out all the people who didn't. The people that overspent their paychecks suddenly feel entitled to the same luxuries that I earned and sacrificed a decade of my life for. Yes, business ownership has is benefits but the price I've paid is steep and not without wounds. Unfortunately, the cost of running this business, and employing you, is starting to eclipse the threshold of marginal benefit and let me tell you why: I am being taxed to death and the government thinks I don't pay enough. I have state taxes. Federal taxes. Property taxes. Sales and use taxes. Payroll taxes. Workers compensation taxes. Unemployment taxes. Taxes on taxes. I have to hire a tax man to manage all these taxes and then guess what? I have to pay taxes for employing him. Government mandates and regulations and all the accounting that goes with it, now occupy most of my time.
On Oct 15th, I wrote a check to the US Treasury for $288,000 for quarterly taxes. You know what my "stimulus" check was? Zero.. Nada. Zilch. The question I have is this: Who is stimulating the economy? Me, the guy who has provided 14 people good paying jobs and serves over 2,200,000 people per year with a flourishing business? Or, the single mother sitting at home pregnant with her fourth child waiting for her next welfare check? Obviously, government feels the latter is the economic stimulus of this country. The fact is, if I deducted (Read: Stole) 50% of your paycheck you'd quit and you wouldn't work here. I mean, why should you? That's nuts. Who wants to get rewarded only 50% of their hard work? Well, I agree which is why your job is in jeopardy. Here is what many of you don't understand ... to stimulate the economy you need to stimulate what runs the economy. Had suddenly government mandated to me that I didn't need to pay taxes, guess what? Instead of depositing that $288,000 into the Washington black-hole, I would have spent it, hired more employees, and generated substantial economic growth. My employees would have enjoyed the wealth of that tax cut in the form of promotions and better salaries. But you can forget it now. When you have a comatose man on the verge of death, you don't defibrillate and shock his thumb thinking that will bring him back to life, do you? Or, do you defibrillate his heart? Business is at the heart of America and always has been. To restart it, you must stimulate it, not kill it. Suddenly, the power brokers in Washington believe the poor of America are the essential drivers of the American economic engine. Nothing could be further from the truth and this is the type of change you can keep. So where am I going with all this? It's quite simple. If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, my reaction will be swift and simple. I'll fire you. I'll fire your co-workers. You can then plead with the government to pay for your mortgage, your SUV, and your child's future. Frankly, it isn't my problem any more. Then, I will close this company down, move to another country, and retire. You see, I'm done. I'm done with a country that penalizes the productive and gives to the unproductive. My motivation to work and to provide jobs will be destroyed, and with it, will be my citizenship. So, if you lose your job, it won't be at the hands of the economy; it will be at the hands of a political hurricane that swept through this country, steamrolled the constitution, and will have changed its landscape forever. If that happens, you can find me sitting on a beach, retired, and with no employees to worry about....

Signed,

Atlas is finally very much ready to shrug.

Jason Rose
02-04-2009, 10:18 PM
DLAWNS: Thanks for getting that posted!

DLAWNS
02-04-2009, 10:21 PM
DLAWNS: Thanks for getting that posted!

No problem....yay me! lol:clapping:

Jason Rose
02-04-2009, 10:25 PM
No problem....yay me! lol:clapping:

I just wonder what it was about the file that wouldn't let it load onto LS? And why you (and jodi) were the only ones able to see it.

DLAWNS
02-04-2009, 10:44 PM
I just wonder what it was about the file that wouldn't let it load onto LS? And why you (and jodi) were the only ones able to see it.

I don't know, it's weird because I couldn't click it when Larry posted it. Than he sent me the file and when I tried to attach it, it kept telling me that it was an invalid file. So I changed the type of file and it uploaded and than I could click it, but apparently no one else could. Weird!

whoopassonthebluegrass
02-04-2009, 11:07 PM
How is it that such obvious truths are being frowned on and kicked to the curb? This nation is starting to look more and more like a horrid disgrace...

Mickhippy
02-05-2009, 04:20 AM
I call Bull Shyt!

I seen a very similar, but much shorter version of this before!
I didnt even get past the first few lines and it sounded familiar!

So after the wait, the build up, the longing for what the problem was...
Its a big FAT lie!

allinearth
02-05-2009, 07:45 AM
I call Bull Shyt!

Its a big FAT lie!

Aren't you in Australia? I think its right on. Especially the back story part. Wait till the current administration gets done with us.:nono: I'm tired of paying for others' bad decisions and carelessness.:usflag:

Mickhippy
02-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Yes!
Perhaps I was a bit harsh! Apologies people!
I agree with the letter but Ive seen it before posted by someone, somewhere.

LawnGuy73
02-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Google "To All My Valued Employees," you can find this letter all over the net people!

LawnTamer
02-05-2009, 10:07 AM
It's been posted here on lawnsite in the political forum.

The basic premise is right. If the libs see it here, they will tear it apart, sighting that if he was paying that much in taxes, he was making a fortune etc. I think, I hope we will soon see Atlas begin to Shrug here in America. Our government has essentially sold our children, and our grandchildren into slavery. Every kid born in America is born with over $180,000 of debt hanging over his/her head, their portion of the 55 TRILLION dollars that Washington has committed them to re-paying.

I think we will see a point where those who are paying for Washington's frivolous spending and insane fiscal policy will simply stop. You wouldn't even have to break the law, just join the millions of non-producers and stop working.

You not only have the rich, (like this guy, who may or may not be an actual person, but he represents real people), but you also have middle class people like me. I am a little lazy during the winter, I confess it, but I more than make up for it mid Feb till the end of Nov. I work 80 hr weeks in the spring and 60 hr weeks summer and fall. Sometimes, I compare myself to others, and I honestly wonder why I bother.

I pay a fortune for health insurance, (that isn't very good, excludes tons of stuff and has high deductibles) whereas my lazy neighbor has medicaid that covers everything...no deductible.

I get killed on taxes, while my neighbor who doesn't make enough to pay taxes gets refunds & stimulus checks.... how the heck do you get a refund when you haven't paid anything? You know what I did with my stimulus check? Paid taxes. I am tired of being robbed and plundered by the government that was established to protect my rights. I am too cowardly to be one of these people who just doesn't pay... but there is no law against not producing.

On paper, it makes a lot of sense, work 20 hrs/wk, not pay a dime in taxes get that "earned" income tax credit, free medical, free food, maybe a few other subsidies... I bet if you added all that up, and compared it to what I make now, minus the thousands I pay for medical, the thousands I pay in taxes, and the thousands I pay for food, I would come out pretty close to even. I would do it, if not for one thing.... then I would be putting some other poor fellow in the very position I am in now.

Our oligarchy becomes less and less sustainable, and the letter Obama submitted to the press would indicate that more big spending, more national debt is to come. :cry:

Sorry for the rant....had a bad week.

hackitdown
02-05-2009, 02:38 PM
That letter is foolish. The guy is whining about sending in a tax check for $288K. I wish I had that problem.

I know of no American that pays so much in taxes that he will just "give it up", sell out, and move away. To where? Show me a better deal than the US.

lawnmastersoftyler
02-05-2009, 03:07 PM
It's been posted here on lawnsite in the political forum.

The basic premise is right. If the libs see it here, they will tear it apart, sighting that if he was paying that much in taxes, he was making a fortune etc. I think, I hope we will soon see Atlas begin to Shrug here in America. Our government has essentially sold our children, and our grandchildren into slavery. Every kid born in America is born with over $180,000 of debt hanging over his/her head, their portion of the 55 TRILLION dollars that Washington has committed them to re-paying.

I think we will see a point where those who are paying for Washington's frivolous spending and insane fiscal policy will simply stop. You wouldn't even have to break the law, just join the millions of non-producers and stop working.

You not only have the rich, (like this guy, who may or may not be an actual person, but he represents real people), but you also have middle class people like me. I am a little lazy during the winter, I confess it, but I more than make up for it mid Feb till the end of Nov. I work 80 hr weeks in the spring and 60 hr weeks summer and fall. Sometimes, I compare myself to others, and I honestly wonder why I bother.

I pay a fortune for health insurance, (that isn't very good, excludes tons of stuff and has high deductibles) whereas my lazy neighbor has medicaid that covers everything...no deductible.

I get killed on taxes, while my neighbor who doesn't make enough to pay taxes gets refunds & stimulus checks.... how the heck do you get a refund when you haven't paid anything? You know what I did with my stimulus check? Paid taxes. I am tired of being robbed and plundered by the government that was established to protect my rights. I am too cowardly to be one of these people who just doesn't pay... but there is no law against not producing.

On paper, it makes a lot of sense, work 20 hrs/wk, not pay a dime in taxes get that "earned" income tax credit, free medical, free food, maybe a few other subsidies... I bet if you added all that up, and compared it to what I make now, minus the thousands I pay for medical, the thousands I pay in taxes, and the thousands I pay for food, I would come out pretty close to even. I would do it, if not for one thing.... then I would be putting some other poor fellow in the very position I am in now.

Our oligarchy becomes less and less sustainable, and the letter Obama submitted to the press would indicate that more big spending, more national debt is to come. :cry:

Sorry for the rant....had a bad week.

Obama, What a joke.

americanlawn
02-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Finally (with the help of friends here) this artcle was posted so we could read it. BTW the customer who wrote it is sending it to many of his fellow small business owners, and he has appeared on several talk radio shows. Pretty timely with the state of our economy. Thanks all....sorry for the delay.

Surferbum21
02-05-2009, 04:03 PM
and my accountant wants me to claim all the cash payments i make...pssshhh. Screw Uncle Sam and the horse he rode in on. I know that we are supposed to claim everything and pay taxes on everything but screw that. I'm tired of seeing the guy in front of me pay for his food with food stamps only to walk out to his Lexus in the parking lot. I'm tired of all the welfare people whisking away my money not to mention all the social security that i had put in. While my fellow "workers" pay their minimal 15% I am paying taxes everywhere I turn...

JPsDuramax
02-05-2009, 04:55 PM
and my accountant wants me to claim all the cash payments i make...pssshhh. Screw Uncle Sam and the horse he rode in on. I know that we are supposed to claim everything and pay taxes on everything but screw that. I'm tired of seeing the guy in front of me pay for his food with food stamps only to walk out to his Lexus in the parking lot. I'm tired of all the welfare people whisking away my money not to mention all the social security that i had put in. While my fellow "workers" pay their minimal 15% I am paying taxes everywhere I turn...

Amen, brother.

americanlawn
02-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Ron Paul was interviewed today here on WHO radio (Des Moines). He could not agree more with this article. "Penalizing success is not good" -- taking money to "pay for other peoples' CHOSEN EXPENSES" was well beyond common sense. Yet our government penalizes tax payers for working hard, just so the Gov can take & give it away to those who rely on welfare. So why should WE work?

Today's radio discussion also heard from experts regarding the "I.Q." of low income kids vs kids from "educated" families's Results from today's experts: Average I.Q. of minorities = 79. Average I.Q. of "children from educated families" = 117. These numbers shocked me as well as most that were listening. Seems kids raised by knuckle-draggers have suffered (regarding a well balanced education). That ain't right, but I don't figure I need to pay for other peoples' chosen expenses.

This whole thing blew my mind, and I for one am tired of putting in long hard hours of work just to see my "tax dollars" taken away in order to pay for "others". When will this stop? My guess is never. So much for our Founding Fathers.

How is it that such obvious truths are being frowned on and kicked to the curb? This nation is starting to look more and more like a horrid disgrace...

americanlawn
02-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi dude - I tried my best. Fortunately, lawnsite friends were able to post the letter in it's entirety cuz I am computer stupid. The "letter" was written by a customer of ours. He lives in a Des Moines, IA suburb. You probably have read similar thoughts on the web, but this article came from the "horse's mouth" (from the Heartland of the U.S.A.) This guy is currently a multi-millionaire, but he grew up "dirt poor".

I first met him while he was running his own mowing company. He asked for "chemical app" bids one year, and we got the bid. Since then, I have known him as a trusted friend.

This guy put his family's well being on the line, and it paid off. I salute him. My 2 cent's worth. :usflag::usflag:

=Mickhippy;2746175]I call Bull Shyt!

Its a big FAT lie![/QUOTE]

Jason Rose
02-05-2009, 07:34 PM

Cash payments? You don't take any cash, neither do I. No one does... Never saw anything. :laugh:

Surferbum21
02-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Cash payments? You don't take any cash, neither do I. No one does... Never saw anything. :laugh:

ha...it's like the 50lbs bass i caught last year. no proof of it so it never exists!

whoopassonthebluegrass
02-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Yeah, one of the libs got on a trade-work thread and harassed us about whether or not we were including it in our #'s!!! He must've needed an extra big handout this year.

stroker51
02-06-2009, 12:07 AM
As discouraging, and frankly terrifying as the current financial policies are, it's refreshing to get on here and see that so many of us do still share the basic values and work ethics that made this country great. I live in one of very very few liberal islands if you will in the state of kansas, and it drives me nuts. The marginally employed liberals in town will protest, parade, whatever they have to do for another hand out. I know times is tough, but these same people have done the same stuff for years. I just have to tell myself they are a very loud minority, and I only hope that is true and that we as a country fit that mold. As scary as things have become financially, I for one DO NOT feel any better with Obama in charge now. I feel that he pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes in the election, and still is, talking about how he understands what we're all going through and what needs to be done, blah blah bull **** bull ****, say what you will about Joe the Plumber, but that just proved that Barack dont get business. The socialist policies he supports do not back business, and this just proves how much he don't get it. Why grow your business when it will kill you on taxes? I will just stay a solo op, make a comfortable living, give up on making a big company, and therefore not creating jobs. Sorry for the rant, I have been thinkin a lot about this lately, and BTW, great letter!!!

Jason Rose
02-06-2009, 12:11 AM
I live in one of very very few liberal islands if you will in the state of kansas, and it drives me nuts.

Lawrence? Betting I'm right... My dad and step mom live there, yeah, it's a LOT different there than anywhere else in this state!

stroker51
02-06-2009, 12:19 AM
Haha, good guess. The only place in Kansas where being marginally employed is more than acceptable. My mom's family came from out around Hays, and i swear when we tell them what goes on here they wonder what kinda circus we got going. KU is partially to blame i think, but it does bring a lot of good looking girls town too, gotta take the good with the bad :). The more work I do and get known in town though, there is defineatly two different crowds in lawrence, the anti-growth latte liberals waiting for their hand outs of entitlements. And then there is us, the ones who have a realistic view of the world, not all based on flawed ideals and entitlements.

Keegan
02-06-2009, 10:26 AM
who ever wrote the letter doesn't matter. What matters is the premise of the letter and it 100% correct. Like most replies said, I too am sick of lazy jerk not working and getting a salary from the government. I don't respect them. THe politicians are afraid to stand up. We the people need to stand up and take back america.
http://www.bornagainamerican.org:80/ THere is a DJ in NJ that promotes G.R.I.P. get rid of incumbent politicians. NJ101.5 He makes a lot of sense. If they know they won't do a good job they will be voted out. They will lose they political job. AWWW what a pitty.

LawnGuy73
02-09-2009, 09:28 AM

Thats what I like to hear....

Grass Happens
02-09-2009, 11:08 AM
...what is this "cash" i keep hearing about? I know i surely don't have any.
To be fair, I wonder how much better McCain would have been? Regardless of his personal feelings, the weight of the country is pushing for bail-outs and stimuli. In the end, the president is just the most prominiet member of his political party, and, as such, still has to toe the line. Maybe, if we can ever vote a third party in, things will be shaken up, and we can get some work done, for a little while at any rate.
I'm lucky, its just me, no employees to worry about for now. I was going to go full-time this year, but I figure with people choosing cable over lawn service and the inevitable inrush of unemployed mower (wo)men, its going to be a rough market for a while. I'll just keep doing my thing for another year, and hopefully the next will be better...

whoopassonthebluegrass
02-09-2009, 12:30 PM
To be fair, I wonder how much better McCain would have been?

It wouldn't have been ANY different. Shame on every one of you who was naive enough to vote for either of those two bozos.

phasthound
02-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Why is it that no one is talking about the billionaire/millionaire bastards who sold this country and all the hard working middle class down the river and took more cash with them? We are getting screwed and they are laughing all the way to the bank.

americanlawn
02-11-2009, 07:01 PM
IMO there should be NO "bail-outs" whatsoever -- offering financing to buy homes for those who had no gumption to work hard enough to make payments. This has been tried before, and it has never worked in the history of our Country. "Cost-shifting" is unconstitutional IMO. If I want to give MY money away, I would like to have the choice as to what organization I want to give MY money to - not knuckle-draggers who rely on MY money.

It's very hard to start up a business and run a profit -- the government ain't helping either. Seems "government' penalizes those who work hard & long hours. I started my business by working as many as 90 hours per week. Often using my headlights to finish the last job. Worked many many Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays too (sorry school teachers). Wasn't the best for my family, but I had no choice -- they suffered & I suffered.. Then I see fat-asses at the grocery store using FOOD STAMPS! ????

Has anybody noticed mostly minorities & obese people with "handicap stickers" on their cars? (not saying these folks are not productive, but 2 + 2 = 4 in my book) How 'bout the influx of "these type of people" at the grocery store right after the 'first of the month'? >>>>>They are spending YOUR money - not theirs. I'm damn tired of it!!!

LawnTamer
02-11-2009, 07:36 PM
IMO there should be NO "bail-outs" whatsoever -- offering financing to buy homes for those who had no gumption to work hard enough to make payments. This has been tried before, and it has never worked in the history of our Country. "Cost-shifting" is unconstitutional IMO. If I want to give MY money away, I would like to have the choice as to what organization I want to give MY money to - not knuckle-draggers who rely on MY money.

It's very hard to start up a business and run a profit -- the government ain't helping either. Seems "government' penalizes those who work hard & long hours. I started my business by working as many as 90 hours per week. Often using my headlights to finish the last job. Worked many many Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays too (sorry school teachers). Wasn't the best for my family, but I had no choice -- they suffered & I suffered.. Then I see fat-asses at the grocery store using FOOD STAMPS! ????

Has anybody noticed mostly minorities & obese people with "handicap stickers" on their cars? (not saying these folks are not productive, but 2 + 2 = 4 in my book) How 'bout the influx of "these type of people" at the grocery store right after the 'first of the month'? >>>>>They are spending YOUR money - not theirs. I'm damn tired of it!!!

For the most part, your sentiment is mine. I haven't really noticed any correlation between minorities and welfare here, in fact, our most prevalent minority (Hispanics) are probably the least likely to be seen using food stamps. But I am getting sick and tired of working my tail off to pay for services for the lazy, which I can't afford for myself.

I pay $500/mo for health insurance. I needed a MRI a few years ago, and it would have cost me $1,200. I didn't do it. Then I see some lazy turd getting free medical care, that I am paying for, just chaps my hide.

My wife has a cousin who is a master at using welfare. Her kids get so much as a sniffle and she takes 'em to the Dr. What does she care? She doesn't pay a dime, hasn't worked in 12 yrs. Then there is me, who works 60 hrs a week and couldn't afford my son's asthma medicine because I had just paid $12k in taxes.

Government has become little more than a weapon used by politicians to buy votes by stealing from hard working Americans. Giving the fruits of their labors to the lazy and idle.

lifetree
02-11-2009, 07:47 PM
... Not sure why it is not available for viewing on lawnsite ...

I think the moderators have to review attachments before they'll allow it to be seen ... that's why most people just copy and paste the text directly into the comment area of their posting !!

stroker51
02-13-2009, 07:22 PM
I disagree that the vast majority of americans are in favor of the new bill. I hear a lot of people say that Obama now is not the obama they voted for. I for one hope the bail out on the table right now works, even if it is conicidental, just for the fact that something's gotta give and I dont want it to be me. BUT, when I see how much money is tied up in the bill for pure and utter, non-economic stimulating crap, such as $50 million for high school drop outs, $50 million for endowment of the arts? What in the HALE does this do to create jobs and stimulate the economy? That is just the tip of the ice berg, I think it was O'Reilly I was listening to today, maybe a different show, not sure, but anyway they had sound clips of a question asked to Obama supporters as to whether they thought the Obama administration or them could spend their money better. The overwhelming majority of respondents said, guess what, they could spend it better themselves, duh!! The conservative tax breaks seem to me like they would work a lot better....but what do we know, all we do is cut grass and run SUCCESSFUL companies, which is more than anyone can say about the government, especially at this point.

Lite4
02-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Why is it that no one is talking about the billionaire/millionaire bastards who sold this country and all the hard working middle class down the river and took more cash with them? We are getting screwed and they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Oh, you mean like the ones Der Fuhrer (obama) appointed to his cabinet? Such as the former head of Fanny Mae and Freddy Mack? How much was it he took 30 mil. or so?

Your right the small business owner who makes this country run is getting royally screwed. They can only push so much before they start getting pushed back, or maybe they will be like other marxist dictatorships that extract what they want at the end of a gun barrel.

Scary times to be sure.

grassman177
02-17-2009, 08:52 PM
i am beginning to wonder myself.

qualitylandscaping
02-17-2009, 09:46 PM
I couldn't agree more with the letter.

What I don't understand is why all of this is being allowed to happen? Everyone hates whats happening, but nobody has the balls to stand up for what is right and what should be done.

Anybody want to start a war against Washington? Gather the millions that have an issue with government and lets do something good instead of complaining about it.

LawnTamer
02-17-2009, 10:02 PM
I couldn't agree more with the letter.

What I don't understand is why all of this is being allowed to happen? Everyone hates whats happening, but nobody has the balls to stand up for what is right and what should be done.

Anybody want to start a war against Washington? Gather the millions that have an issue with government and lets do something good instead of complaining about it.

What is lacking isn't the desire, it's the courage.

I confess, I pay my taxes, but not from any sense of moral obligation, but because I know how easily and quickly the feds can chew you up and spit you out. I think that if there ever was a large revolt, millions would join, but there are few who would have the courage to be one of the first.
Plus there are millions who don't really care about/for freedom. Look at how many people choose to put the Dem or Rep clowns in office yr after yr, because they think they will get something from them.

qualitylandscaping
02-17-2009, 10:36 PM
What is lacking isn't the desire, it's the courage.

I confess, I pay my taxes, but not from any sense of moral obligation, but because I know how easily and quickly the feds can chew you up and spit you out. I think that if there ever was a large revolt, millions would join, but there are few who would have the courage to be one of the first.
Plus there are millions who don't really care about/for freedom. Look at how many people choose to put the Dem or Rep clowns in office yr after yr, because they think they will get something from them.

Get this.. I got a letter in the mail today from NYS Dept. of Labor stating I owe them $25 in penalties because what I reported on a state witholding tax form and what one of my employees reported on an unemployment claim form, was $1 off!!!

I agree 100% the Fed's have no sense of humor, and don't care about anything but collecting every penny they think they are owed, including insane penalties and interest (that only they could get away with charging).

I was running behind on filing a 941 Quarterly last year. Well they have the rule you can't send them a check for over $2500, it has to go through EFTPS or a bank deposit.

I sent them a check for a balance due on my 941, that was $2750 something, completely forgetting the "rule". I apologize for my mistake, yet I receive a new invoice for $399 FAILURE TO MAKE A PAYMENT PROPERLY, $299 LATE PENALTY (it was on time, but since the check got delayed due to their "rule" they considered it late), $64 something in interest. Then I had to file a 941X... Its just, AHHHHHHHHHH dealing with them.:dizzy::dizzy: