PDA

View Full Version : Oregon, east of the cascades

FYS777
01-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Or from Oregon, around here, how is every body this winter and how are your prospects looking for this year, :weightlifter:

grincon
02-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Not to shabby, from Salem here...:waving:

FYS777
02-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Not to shabby, from Salem here...:waving:

Thanks for replying, I was starting to think I was by myself in Oregon, hope everything is going well, how early does you season start on that side of the mountains,:waving:

grincon
02-19-2009, 11:59 PM
Last year we were moving at this time already, this year seems a bit late. We've had a week of sunshine and tomorrows high is supposed to hit 60*. I hope its soon, not really getting any side jobs lately. How about you guys? still cold?

FYS777
02-20-2009, 12:19 AM
Last year we were moving at this time already, this year seems a bit late. We've had a week of sunshine and tomorrows high is supposed to hit 60*. I hope its soon, not really getting any side jobs lately. How about you guys? still cold?

Ya still getting down to mid twentys, high maybe 50, we don't get started mowing till first week in April, depends on weather, clean ups start, first of march weather permitting,

grincon
02-26-2009, 02:11 AM
Theyre forcasting snow down to the valley floor tomorrow morning... Bummer.

FYS777
02-26-2009, 02:20 AM

Hey how you doing, I got a couple clean ups done this week. Ya we are expecting 1 to 2 inches in bend tomorrow, I've been getting some service contracts back already, I'm glad the wind is blowing hard here, that means a lot of needles will fall, lots more clean ups,:clapping::clapping:

FYS777
02-26-2009, 02:26 AM

Its something, besides you and the guy in central point, are the only ones I've seen from oregon on here, Im glad you were able to start out on your own in the business, how is it treating you?:)

grincon
02-26-2009, 02:27 AM
Hey doing good, starting to make my rounds again. The sun shined about noon then got upto about 50 an hour later it started raining and hasn't stopped since lol

FYS777
02-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Hey doing good, starting to make my rounds again. The sun shined about noon then got upto about 50 an hour later it started raining and hasn't stopped since lol

Well we got our 2 inches of snow, guess we could call it smowing today:laugh:

Critical Care
07-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Now that it is mid July with temperatures bouncing around in the 90s, all I can think about after a long day in the heat is to sprawl out in a snow bank up in the mountains.

FYS777
07-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Now that it is mid July with temperatures bouncing around in the 90s, all I can think about after a long day in the heat is to sprawl out in a snow bank up in the mountains.

I hear ya on that, I think I've sweated out 25lbs so far. the snow bank sounds good, but right now I think the skeaters will suck you dry.:laugh: hope your having a good year so far:clapping::clapping:

Critical Care
07-20-2009, 11:00 PM
When I moved here in '98 I don't remember having any mosquitoes here at my place, but they've been getting worse each year. Instead of wearing cologne, I now have to wear Deep Woods OFF!

FYS777
07-20-2009, 11:11 PM
When I moved here in '98 I don't remember having any mosquitoes here at my place, but they've been getting worse each year. Instead of wearing cologne, I now have to wear Deep Woods OFF!

well, with cut backs, maybe they don't spray as much. when i was logging, in Alaska we used diesel for cologne, for the bugs, hey I was just wondering, and you can PM me, do you back flow test and blow outs, Or????

Critical Care
07-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Logging in Alaska, eh? Now that's a tough job. When I was up there the black flies and no-see-ums were pretty bad. Don't know how I'd handle working in conditions like that...

BTW, I do blowouts but haven't gotten into backflow testing.

FYS777
07-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Logging in Alaska, eh? Now that's a tough job. When I was up there the black flies and no-see-ums were pretty bad. Don't know how I'd handle working in conditions like that...

BTW, I do blowouts but haven't gotten into backflow testing.

in the logging industry for 25 years 5 and a half in logging camps in the pan handle, 13 over hear in central OR. the first 7 where in medford and grants pass. ya I sure don't miss the bugs, I haven't seen anything like that anywhere else , I've seen new guys come into camp and two days latter leave because of the bugs,

are you real busy with blow outs or could you use more? I do have some customers that weren't real happy with the last folks that did them.

FYS, is Fullers yard service, you may have seen me in town, I've seen your truck, Sometimes i have customers that need jobs done that i don't do,

Critical Care
07-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Guess you must have retired from the logging business, or else forced out by bumps and bruises. Yep, the bugs would likely drive me crazy up there.

Hmm... I'm pretty sure that I've seen your truck around as well. Do you have more than one truck going out?

And yeah, I could handle more blowouts, and so if that works out we can PM eachother down the road. Will be wandering around south of Pilot Butte tomorrow... a rather easy day, except for the heat. You'll be hanging around town?

FYS777
07-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Guess you must have retired from the logging business, or else forced out by bumps and bruises. Yep, the bugs would likely drive me crazy up there.

Hmm... I'm pretty sure that I've seen your truck around as well. Do you have more than one truck going out?

And yeah, I could handle more blowouts, and so if that works out we can PM eachother down the road. Will be wandering around south of Pilot Butte tomorrow... a rather easy day, except for the heat. You'll be hanging around town?

leasing a house in providence, have between 75 and 80 accounts, my route tomorrow takes me down 27th to rocking horse, to the parks then down skyliner through franklin then home, i'll input some more but have to go now, to a metting, talk to ya soon,

Critical Care
07-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Hmm... that seems like a rather long roundabout route. Last year when diesel got so expensive I really began to watch my routes and mileage. If you had a lot of accounts right in Providence that would make it pretty nice, and cost effective.

FYS777
07-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Hmm... that seems like a rather long roundabout route. Last year when diesel got so expensive I really began to watch my routes and mileage. If you had a lot of accounts right in Providence that would make it pretty nice, and cost effective.

Ya I know what you mean about routing, when diesel was expensive I rerouted and save 3k that year, beleive it or not I'm spending around 60 a week on fuel because of my routing, well got to get going and try and beat the heat, stay cool.

Critical Care
07-29-2009, 12:46 PM
You know... days like these when temps get up around and to the triple digits, I really feel for the guys doing this work in hotter areas. Oye vey, if only my mowers had air conditioning!

FYS777
07-29-2009, 08:35 PM
You know... days like these when temps get up around and to the triple digits, I really feel for the guys doing this work in hotter areas. Oye vey, if only my mowers had air conditioning!

I will agree with you there, if you have someone workin with ya you could have them follow you with the blower blowing on you.:laugh: towards the end of the day today i left the truck running with the ac on for the guys, we did 20 today, several had some extra work done, I grew up in Redding cal. were it got 115 out, but that was when i was young, now 90 is cooking,:dizzy:

Critical Care
07-31-2009, 12:36 PM
Yep, Redding gets hot like most of the valley down there. I lived in the central coast area and whenever the heat got too much for the "inland people" it would almost be bumper to bumper westbound traffic on the few highways over the coastal range.

Work solo here so no luck as far as having someone follow me around with a blower (which would probably help with the mosquitoes as well). I do however wear one of these bandanas that have beads in them that soak up water. Between job sites I'll put the thing at the bottom of my ice chest in the melting water and then wear it when working.

FYS777
07-31-2009, 10:07 PM
never heard of a hat like that, work pretty well? were would you get one. Wednesday was something, got stung by yellow j's, got swarmed by mosquitoes, then we weed eated a training pin, which in turn through stuff at our legs that stuck, didn't think about pants, was a mistake, we felt kinda holy by the end of the day. when the mosquitoes attacked i never seen my guys finish a job so fast, :laugh::laugh::laugh: what took 25 min, took 10, and them running and slappin at them selfs, and me to, i guess that would be funny looking.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Critical Care
08-04-2009, 11:51 AM
I think that I got my bandana at GI Joes, but my wife got one at another place. What I have is a bandana that you wear around your neck, but I just noticed that there are other types. Here's a link to a company that makes them: http://coolbandanas.com/index.htm

And I hear ya' about the yellow jackets. I think last year was the only year that I didn't get stung by one, or by some other type of bee. Not so lucky this season. It sounds as if you need to stick a can of Deep Woods OFF in your work truck.

Gilbert503
12-19-2013, 02:54 AM
Hi there salem here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Crammin'Mows
06-01-2014, 11:35 PM
I mow in Sisters.