PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer - tie down info requested

jhastrello
01-29-2009, 05:49 PM
I got my new trailer (new in business) yesterday, and my first question is:

What types of tie down's do you have/use on your trailers, for securing equipment (ie: mowers to the floor and/or frame). Mine is a screened in Trailer, and the vertical frames are on outside of the screening. I've looked at several of the rings (drill a hole and bolt on, weld onto the frame, and screw/bolt to the floor).

I do have two pro-lockers that I'll be installing, but also want to secure mowers and such on longer hauls (not short house to house moves).

Thanks.

CrystalCreek
01-29-2009, 07:25 PM
I m not sure that I understand your trailer design. Is the floor made of screen as well as the sides or is it wood. Anyhow, for mowers and other heavy wheeled items, I use fast straps. They hold these items the tightest. But do not trust the tiny little bolts. If your trailer is screened mesh floor, than you will need to modify them. I would go with a heavy metal plate, about 1/4" thick, and use that like a giant washer with the screen between the fast strap cleat and the plate. USE GOOD BOLTS!!! not those cheap china crap ones. I also use this plate method for my trailers and they have wood decks. You want to spread the weight out. The ONLY way my fast straps are coming off is if the trailer desintergrates. Hope this helps.

jhastrello
01-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Sorry. Wood on the floor, and screens on the side. I was in the trailer this afternoon, cleaning up and looking around. I suspect that I will use eye bolts through the upright steel frame pieces, so that I have an adequate place to attach the straps. I'll take a few pic's in the morning, and post them so my question makes more sense.

JPsDuramax
01-30-2009, 06:04 PM
I used the large D-rings on the floor. I drilled through the floor and cross member and attached with heavy grade carriage bolts. They work great to hold the z turn in place.

jhastrello
01-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks. Appreciate the feedback.