PDA

View Full Version : Weed Problem in St Augustine

VLTS
01-29-2009, 06:41 PM
God help me! Why do i take these lawns!:hammerhead:
I'm having some trouble controlling wild onion and (later in the season) wild violets. Any suggestions on a good broadleaf weed control for these problems. I've learned that Three way is very risky (low rate, some stunting of turf) and had good results with quicksilver. However, Quicksilver will not control onion and violet by itself. Oh yeah, now I remember why I took this lawn....The challenge!:weightlifter:

ted putnam
01-29-2009, 07:56 PM
God help me! Why do i take these lawns!:hammerhead:
I'm having some trouble controlling wild onion and (later in the season) wild violets. Any suggestions on a good broadleaf weed control for these problems. I've learned that Three way is very risky (low rate, some stunting of turf) and had good results with quicksilver. However, Quicksilver will not control onion and violet by itself. Oh yeah, now I remember why I took this lawn....The challenge!:weightlifter:

Manor(Metsulfuron) will control both wild onion and wild violet and is safe in St. Aug.

VLTS
01-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Ted, thanks. I haven't tried that. I've just looked over the label on manor. I've notice that it does control Bahiagrass. have you used it for bahia grass control on St. augustine and centipede? Any suggestions? Will I get control on one application? We do have a few Centipede and St. Augustine lawns in Atlanta, but it is not the norm. I'm just trying to "polish" my skills for these turf types. Thanks again.