PDA

View Full Version : need to upgrade the old rubber

CrystalCreek
01-29-2009, 06:03 PM
I am sick and tired of conventional cheap tires. I am looking into 19.5" wheels and tires. I know that my truck will never hold the weight of the tires, but I have been told that they should last forever. I am going through tires ever 30000 miles. My buddy has an f450 and get about 75000 miles out of his tires. His truck is a CC like mine and he put a pickup bed on it. It hauls very simular loads to mine. I think in the long run I am better off. These tires are also much safer when handleing a load. I have found a company that sells direct fit, 8 Lug, 19.5" polished aluminum wheels. Tires and wheels shipped to my door, $2900. Considering I go through tires so fast, I should save time and money with this setup. Any body have any thoughts and feed back.

CrystalCreek
02-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Bumpity bump,

Jason Rose
02-02-2009, 04:23 PM
I recently bought a 3500HD with 19.5" rims, and just today spent $1,011.00 for FOUR new tires for the rear! Right or wrong, I wanted the most aggressive 19.5" tire I could get because the truck is 2wd. After the tire guys making a few calls (2 seperate places) They all came back with the same tire, Kumho KT937 H/T. These puppies have some tread on them too! Now all I can do is hope like hell that they help me keep from getting stuck.

I found a few sites online while looking for tires that were just for 19.5 and 22.5 inch wheels. I guess the RV guys really like them. Yes they wear like iron. The tires that were on the rear of my truck had 50K on them and coule have been regrooved if I wanted to stick with a highway tire, though they were getting some dry-rot because they were from '95. The inital high cost of them should pay off as one set would last as long as 3 standard 16" sets.

CrystalCreek
02-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks Jason. That is the kind of information I needed.