PDA

View Full Version : I love it Duramax's & 47RE's

nosparkplugs
01-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Suncoast Transmission now offers the Dodge 47/48RE "Duraflite" transmission conversion for the Duramax:laugh: Seems the extreme diesel aftermarket guys like the performance of this new heavy duty Dodge transmission over the Allision 1000, this Duraflite will soon trickle down the rest of the diesel market. Here's why in simple terms, the Allision 1000 while heavy duty has a larger rotating mass, and is not holding up well to extreme duramamx modifications, the Dodge A518/618 transmission case which is the 47/48RE has been around for over 30 years. It's smaller rotating mass, when mated to a heavy duty rebuilt does beat the Allison :clapping::clapping:

For all you guys scratching your heads:confused: this is real no joke.

CrystalCreek
01-31-2009, 12:54 AM
K.... Still not sure what the importance of this is. If the allison is not that great, then why do people put them behind your beloved cummins? I know of several cummins/allison setups that are floating in my area. All pushing 1000+ Tq and holding up fine. Allison makes a Damn good piece of equipment. I wouldnt mind one in my truck.

TXNSLighting
01-31-2009, 01:11 AM
Ha! I knew i wasnt dreaming when i heard of this a while back!

nosparkplugs
01-31-2009, 11:18 AM
K.... Still not sure what the importance of this is. If the allison is not that great, then why do people put them behind your beloved cummins? I know of several cummins/allison setups that are floating in my area. All pushing 1000+ Tq and holding up fine. Allison makes a Damn good piece of equipment. I wouldnt mind one in my truck.

The Allison does not take A cummins engine programing well, While both the 47/48RE's are electronic controlled transmissions, the Dodge transmission is a "passive" computer controlled system. That means then diesel engine is in control of the transmission with limited transmission input. The Allison is a "smart" transmission it actively communicates with a diesel engine.

Their have been several attempts to mate the Cummins to the Allison; while it's possible the set-up is very unstable/computer wise, and will crash.

coobie
01-31-2009, 09:28 PM
The Allison does not take A cummins engine programing well, While both the 47/48RE's are electronic controlled transmissions, the Dodge transmission is a "passive" computer controlled system. That means then diesel engine is in control of the transmission with limited transmission input. The Allison is a "smart" transmission it actively communicates with a diesel engine.

Their have been several attempts to mate the Cummins to the Allison; while it's possible the set-up is very unstable/computer wise, and will crash.
And if you want one hell of a 48re tranny have Goerend Brothers of St.lucas Iowa change the valve body and torque converter out.:weightlifter:

WH401
02-01-2009, 12:11 AM
And if you want one hell of a 48re tranny have Goerend Brothers of St.lucas Iowa change the valve body and torque converter out.:weightlifter:

I second that, you can't find anyone better for a Dodge trans upgrade.

02DURAMAX
02-01-2009, 03:23 AM
Well this was a waste to read.

coobie
02-01-2009, 04:47 AM
Well this was a waste to read.:hammerhead::cry::clapping:

nosparkplugs
02-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Well this was a waste to read.

For you, anything that would question the GM, Spec'd Allison transmission would be a waste to read.

SunCoast transmission is a well respect transmission company, and have never brought a transmission to market that did not sell well.

You may not agree, but obviously Duramax owners are, and replacing their Allison badge with Duraflite

02DURAMAX
02-02-2009, 03:41 AM
For you, anything that would question the GM, Spec'd Allison transmission would be a waste to read.

SunCoast transmission is a well respect transmission company, and have never brought a transmission to market that did not sell well.

You may not agree, but obviously Duramax owners are, and replacing their Allison badge with Duraflite

show me a pic of a Dmax with a duraflite badge.

ProTouch Groundscapes
02-02-2009, 10:01 AM
not only that but you can drive in reverse faster!!

12Valve
02-02-2009, 04:07 PM
I have heard of a few guys running 47re behind a duramax as well its no joke, however they are the extreme performance guys "like spray this while I start it lol"

I also have a Goerend tripple disk trans in my 12v and love it.

nosparkplugs
02-02-2009, 06:01 PM
show me a pic of a Dmax with a duraflite badge.

Go into a Duramax diesel forum's or Google Duramax & Duraflite 47RE transmission, theirs plenty of information on this out their, or will "pop up" when you search it