PDA

View Full Version : Coming back for 09

LARGE
01-31-2009, 12:04 PM
Quick summary: I built a fert ONLY company to 2000, 6X per year customers. Sold to chem-lawn, (Not Good, Feel free to ask any questions about the buy out)then bought into a roofing company in 06, Its failing so I'm coming back to what i know.
My buddy has given me 35 LARGE commercial property to maintain year round. Mow/Trim/Edge/Aerate/Fert/Trim/Flowers/Possible Ponds/Snow plowing.
To be 100% honest. I AM Terrified! I have NEVER cut another lawn other than my own. With that being said, I still have some pretty great contacts (landscaping contractors) here in Utah that have assured me that I can do it, with the right equipment and man power.
I am a firm believer in standing on the shoulders of giants, and ask to learn and see through their eyes. I was a member of this board back in 2001 and wow how its grown. I look forward to this next venture and don't take it lightly, THANK YOU in advance for "THE GIANTS POINT OF VIEW"
I have sooooooo many questions.

DLAWNS
01-31-2009, 12:26 PM
Welcome back to the site. Good luck this season and don't be afraid to ask the questions as there are tons of guys willing to answer questions and are very helpful.

JS Landscaping
01-31-2009, 09:16 PM
Welcome back to the industry! I myself am starting up again from scratch after getting out of the business back in 2007. Worked in the tree industry for the past year and a half as a climber and realized I much rather be on my own. It may seem terrifying at first but due to your experience in this industry already, you should have no problems. It is definatly a new and exciting venture to start out on again. Best of luck!

droptine
02-02-2009, 08:01 PM
I am not a Gaint yet nor do I plan on getting there soon, I do know that if things work out for you that you need to hook your friend that Gave you the jobs a nice thank you gift. i am sure you know that all ready. Good luck.