PDA

View Full Version : purge air from pump

phenomenomm
02-01-2009, 11:13 AM
What happens when you donít purge the air out of the pump in the pressure washer? I loaned it out to my wifeís cousin, she said it was making a lugging noise so she quit using it. Today I want to wash my truck check fluids, purge the air start the washer and go to wash my truck nothing happens. Just the water from the sipcket power comes out.
I got a troy-bilt 2550 PSI Pressure Washer - Model # 020213-0 that I got from lowes. Thanks in advanced -Jon

ToniDavies
02-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Does this unit have the nozzle that pulls out for high pressure push in for low pressure? If so check that. I know I probably sound crazy but I have used a pressure washer myself numerous times and was really frustrated in the fall thinking my unit was broken all I got was the water coming out very slowly finally stopped and thought about it (after 2 hours) and checked the nozzle sure enough it was stuck half way between low/high. Worth a try.:confused:

phenomenomm
02-09-2009, 09:38 PM
No, I wish it was. I called troy-bilt they said it was probably a pump. $156 for the pump and $16 for shipping. I was thinking of looking at pawn shops for a used pressure washer.