PDA

View Full Version : New pathfinder purchase.

lawn king
02-01-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm very close to buying this ground logic machine, i hope to demo one @ the new england grows show late this week.

grassman177
02-01-2009, 04:51 PM
it looks really solid compared to the pg, which i see broke down alot. if that is the kind of unit you want, go withthe pathfinder, but if you are not sold on that style, do chek the zsprays, we have three and they are really productive and user freindly. both are stainless which is a good idea.

lawn king
02-01-2009, 05:06 PM
We are looking for a durable,reliable,productive machine to service 4000 to 40000 sq. ft. accounts. I prefer to use the tractor on accounts 1 acre and up.

jbturf
02-01-2009, 07:26 PM
im hoping to see that machine and the t3000 at the grows show, would be nice if the
BlackPearl guys showed ( if their still around)

ted putnam
02-01-2009, 09:01 PM
We are looking for a durable,reliable,productive machine to service 4000 to 40000 sq. ft. accounts. I prefer to use the tractor on accounts 1 acre and up.

LK, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the machine once you've demo'd. I received some info from them but it was almost identical to what was on their website. The price was right if the quality is there. Thanks

lawn king
02-01-2009, 09:12 PM
LK, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the machine once you've demo'd. I received some info from them but it was almost identical to what was on their website. The price was right if the quality is there. Thanks

No problem ted.

a plus bob
11-19-2009, 06:55 PM
What ever happened to this ???? Did you demo one like/dis-like ?? Anybody try one?

lawn king
11-19-2009, 07:21 PM
They were not at the grows show, so i never did get to demo the machine. I think im .going to buy the cub cadet machine. Before you guys with the high end S/S tell me im crazy, keep in mind that i have been running lesco hps machines for 6 seasons, they are durable,reliable and productive. Also keep in mind that you guys with the high end machines do your large (multi acre) sites with your machines, i dont, i prefer to use the kubota for big open apps, excluding cemeterys. I have seen the CC in person, but have yet to demo it, im going to demo it this spring. Four grand for the machine, how can you go wrong?

jbturf
11-19-2009, 07:24 PM
lawn king, have u been in touch with lawnsolutions lately?
is there still a ride-on sprayer/spreader in their works?

havent heard from David in a while

lawn king
11-19-2009, 07:49 PM
I was very excited about the LS spreader sprayer after buying their aerator. When i last spoke to david, it had been put on the back burner as they were hot to get a prototype topdresser to market. I want an articulating machine not a zero turn.

rcreech
11-19-2009, 08:06 PM
They were not at the grows show, so i never did get to demo the machine. I think im .going to buy the cub cadet machine. Before you guys with the high end S/S tell me im crazy, keep in mind that i have been running lesco hps machines for 6 seasons, they are durable,reliable and productive. Also keep in mind that you guys with the high end machines do your large (multi acre) sites with your machines, i dont, i prefer to use the kubota for big open apps, excluding cemeterys. I have seen the CC in person, but have yet to demo it, im going to demo it this spring. Four grand for the machine, how can you go wrong?

Lawn King,

You are totally right! LS aerators are the freak'n bomb!

Does it bother you to buy something that very few people have and that hasn't been proven yet?

You say how can you go wrong spending 4 grand....I guess I would say you may spend 4 grand and in 4 years you have a machine that is broke down, falling apart and you maybe won't be able to get parts or the support you need.

I don't know...just play'n devils advicate.

I would much rather spend 7-8K for a new PG, T or Z...and know it is proven, can get excellent parts and service and in 4 years it will be worth MORE then what you are paying for the machine you are buying new and still have another 6+ years of life left in it!

Dunno...but I guess I am not a risk taker and only INVEST my money in proven equipment.

lawn king
11-19-2009, 08:18 PM
The lesco hps is a cub cadet machine, parts and service are no problem. I know the machine inside out and do all repairs myself. The spreader sprayer version is a little different but essentially the same machine, electric start with an alternator and electric impeller propulsion.

rcreech
11-19-2009, 09:08 PM
The lesco hps is a cub cadet machine, parts and service are no problem. I know the machine inside out and do all repairs myself. The spreader sprayer version is a little different but essentially the same machine, electric start with an alternator and electric impeller propulsion.

I'm sorry...I must have been confused, as I was talking about the Path Finder not the HPS.

I wouldn't buy a Path Finder is what I meant!

I like the thought of the HPS and almost got one when I first started, but I wanted a SS unit with the capability to spray.

Went with the PG and loved it!

DUSTYCEDAR
11-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Was waiting for david to get the machine out but not luck so far

lawn king
11-20-2009, 06:12 AM
If i was doing everything with the ride on i would go for the high end rig, it would most likley be the groung logic machine? Im simply not going to ride multi acre sites when i can service them faster and in more comfort with the tractor. People also see the tractor/cabover set up and the condition of the grass, they are impressed, so they call us for service.

rcreech
11-20-2009, 06:46 AM
If i was doing everything with the ride on i would go for the high end rig, it would most likley be the groung logic machine? Im simply not going to ride multi acre sites when i can service them faster and in more comfort with the tractor. People also see the tractor/cabover set up and the condition of the grass, they are impressed, so they call us for service.

I agree. You have to do what works for you and your customer base.

I started with a tractor...but it was too big on many of my lawns with a 30ft spread pattern and a 60 gallon 3 pt sprayer.

So I decided to go with a ride on to look more professional on the 10-30K lawns. Tractors do work really well on the 1+acre lawns...but I can still do them in 15-20 minutes (spread and spray), so I am not leaving too much time on the table.

Sometimes it took forever with a tractor just trying to go around things and trim in. I can not buzz around 5 mph around everything so I could argue I can get done quicked with my ride on's.

Around here, even though we are in farm country and big open lawns...I think tractors just look too big on most lawns. I know they do a great job, just not for me!

lawn king
11-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Ride ons are great, no doubt. I would say they were revolutionary for the lawn industry, i dont know how i ever got by without them. Now that im closing in on the big 50 with 31 seasons behind me, i want to work in comfort whenever i can (cab).

grassman177
11-20-2009, 09:00 AM
that is a lot of seasons, we are approaching our 30 year mark, though i have only done this for17-18 years myself. really, getting into it when you are young helps i think as you can learn fast.

lawn king
11-20-2009, 04:21 PM
1978 was my 1st season, we were working with, diazinon,dursban,chloradane. Cyclone round spreaders with hard plastic wheels, push blowers and big brass hand pump sprayers, as backpacks had not been invented! Terrisan lsr was the fungus control and trimec was out. Lebanon was the good fert and most product was applied through the lawn king combine pulled behind a cub cadet tractor. We spike aerated 3 times a year and applied blanket weed and fungus control on every app.

americanlawn
11-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Local friend of mine works at Scotts Lawn Care. They run Magnums, but they have also been using a Pathfinder for nearly 2 years. He says the Pathfinder is better than PG Magnums. www.http://groundlogogicinc.com/index.html

Last time I spoke with Ground Logic, he said they were looking at increasing the spray pressure/volume for their 2010 units.

grassman177
11-20-2009, 05:23 PM
that was hardcore chems man, i am glad to not work with those. i have some malathion in my shed that i found with the house i live in when i bought it, have never used it but i guess is some nasty stuff