PDA

View Full Version : A survey for old custmers to help get new jobs.

David Hartzog
02-01-2009, 09:24 PM
We all know word of month can get you a lot more work quicker. But if people don't talk to others then well your screwed. so i want to give all my old customers a survey that they can fill out and then i can show anyone i come across and help sell my work.
So what i am asking is, i want to cover my bases so i ask each of you what questions would you think are best asked to get peoples Attn.
Her is a few i thought of
1. How long have you used Hartzog Spray company?
2.What treatments have you used Weed ,insect,Brush,Fertilizing
3.What service impressed you most.weed ant control Etc.
4.Are prices fair for service provided.
5.Does the owner David hartzog explain what should be expected with treatment.
6.What concerns you most about my services.

As you can see i have a wide variety of questions and those above will need more detail but please understand my wife won't help me with this so i ask you for help.

David Hartzog
02-02-2009, 02:56 PM
We all know word of month can get you a lot more work quicker. But if people don't talk to others then well your screwed. so i want to give all my old customers a survey that they can fill out and then i can show anyone i come across and help sell my work.
So what i am asking is, i want to cover my bases so i ask each of you what questions would you think are best asked to get peoples Attn.
Her is a few i thought of
1. How long have you used Hartzog Spray company?
2.What treatments have you used Weed ,insect,Brush,Fertilizing
3.What service impressed you most.weed ant control Etc.
4.Are prices fair for service provided.
5.Does the owner David hartzog explain what should be expected with treatment.
6.What concerns you most about my services.

As you can see i have a wide variety of questions and those above will need more detail but please understand my wife won't help me with this so i ask you for help.

WOW Thank you for that geat advice.
Can someone explain Why i am ignored.

mattfromNY
02-02-2009, 04:27 PM
I think your suggested questions should cover any concerns for a new prospect.
I would change #6 from 'what concerns..' to 'What changes could Hartzog spray company make to more accomodate you and your property?
The only question I would add last: Would you recommend Hartzog spray company for lawn care/ fertilizing services?

mattfromNY
02-02-2009, 04:30 PM
My explanation for why you were ignored: I have been snowplowing, babysitting, End of month billing, shoveling snow from roofs, balancing my checkbook and pulling my hair out. You were on the back burner to all that other FUN and EXCITING stuff.
Just busting your arse. I dont think anyone was ignoring you.

David Hartzog
02-02-2009, 09:37 PM
I think your suggested questions should cover any concerns for a new prospect.
I would change #6 from 'what concerns..' to 'What changes could Hartzog spray company make to more accomodate you and your property?
The only question I would add last: Would you recommend Hartzog spray company for lawn care/ fertilizing services?

Thank you,matt

David Hartzog
02-02-2009, 09:39 PM
My explanation for why you were ignored: I have been snowplowing, babysitting, End of month billing, shoveling snow from roofs, balancing my checkbook and pulling my hair out. You were on the back burner to all that other FUN and EXCITING stuff.
Just busting your arse. I dont think anyone was ignoring you.

Thx again.

Turfdoctor1
02-03-2009, 02:33 PM
let me take a stab at why you were ignored:

No one wants to tell you that a survey like that is not going to yield the results you are looking for.

Maybe I am missing something, but why would you not already know the answers to those questions? And, how are you going to gain new customers by asking those questions to your old customers?

I sent out a survey at the first of the year with similar intentions, but it asked:
(1) Would you like to prepay?
(2) Would you like to refer a friend and receive referral discounts?
(3) Are you interested in any of the additional services...?
(4) Do you have pets or locked gates that require us to call in advance? If so, add $X to your prepay price.
(5) Do you prefer to be contacted by phone or email?
(6) Would you like to receive a quarterly email newsletter?
(7) Do you have additional comments for us?

My questions allowed for a nice dialogue with the customer and allowed them to tell us how we are doing, which makes it easier to ask for referrals and other upsells.

mngrassguy
02-03-2009, 02:59 PM
I have used surveys in the past for a barometer as to how well my customers perceive my services. The only good things I got out of them were a few good customer referrals. I found that the only customers that responded were the ones that were extremely happy with my service. Yes, I got a lot of them.

Most of the questions I asked were asking them to rate my service on a scale of 1-5. People are more likely to answer if they only have to circle the numbers. The only open ended questions I asked were: "How could I make my service better for you?" And, of course, "Do you know of anyone that might be interested in my service?"