PDA

View Full Version : My first Jobs

CBlandscaping
02-02-2009, 12:21 AM
looking for some feedback on the first two jobs I did on my own last season, nothing to special but im proud of them, also a few pics of the waterfall my and my mom did at my house

LB1234
02-02-2009, 11:41 AM
I like the pondless waterfalls. Are you going to plant the plants?

First pic, either get a corner block or cut a cap so its upright to hide the other block.

Second pic, seems as if your lines of the running bond (?) aren't straight. Also, you probablly should have gotten the pavers closer to the sill plate on the sliding door. Looks like there is about a 1" gap under there which is going to cause that to bend due to no support underneath.

third pic...did you use sand or stonedust for your bedding? Looks like stonedust.

CBlandscaping
02-02-2009, 02:03 PM
The waterfall pics were taken sitll during construction the plants have been planted and all the rock on the right side is not allthere some was just left over after we were picking through it

first pic, i couldnt get a corner block to put there, but i did want one, and i like the idea of using the cap

second pic, i just followed the foundation wall (is this how it should be done or work my way to the building?) and thats why it doesnt look straight, i was actually pretty upset about that the same about the sill plate, i was trying to get as close as posible

third pic, use a 6in processed gravel(hard pack) base then 1in of stone dust bed, then sweep the stone dust in over the pavers to fill the gaps

Bru75
02-02-2009, 08:03 PM
You might want to use a border course of pavers for any future sidewalk/patio work instead of continuing the running bond to the end. Makes for a more finished look.
It's been discussed before, but you might also want to try using concrete sand for your paver setting bed. It is easier to work with and will drain better.
Hope this helps.

jbailey52
02-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Yes, your work looks good.. I think everyone who has commented has forgot to say this... There are some things you should work on, as they have stated, but dont get discouraged, for a first time, Nice

zedosix
02-04-2009, 08:54 PM
I like the waterfall feature. Nice

STRINGALATION
02-10-2009, 01:41 PM
the water fall looks great to my eye those pavers well you have done more than me

4.3mudder
02-10-2009, 07:44 PM
I like the waterfall, also the stones in front of the stairs leading to the driveway. Were they that shiney when you put them down or did you put a sealer on top to give it that gloss look. Overall very nice.

RockSolidLLC
02-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Great job, If the block is a solid block and not hollow, you can use a brick chisle and make a clean break to finish the end.

Ramairfreak98ss
02-16-2009, 01:14 AM
the shiny "wet" pavers, are they rinox?

Theyre just wet, the ones we do using them come out the same, bada$$ when wet and normal when dry :p

CBlandscaping
02-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks for all the compliments and advice, i appreciate it to anwser some questions, the pavers are CST and are just wet, not sealed

EliteScapes
02-23-2009, 02:58 AM
Very nice!