PDA

View Full Version : tires

LeifGreen
02-02-2009, 01:24 PM
what tires do you guys use for your trucks? currently have bfgoodrich all terrain.

Valk
02-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Here's a whole bunch of qualitative opinions presented in quantitative form:

http://www.tirerack.com/index_w.jsp

This site and their system helps me to match the proper tire(s) to my expectations. I then buy locally and use "Tirerack's price including delivery" to bargain with. Firestone's for my truck and Yokohama's for my gal's Honda...I'm certain I made great choices.
Have fun!

GravelyNut
02-02-2009, 09:31 PM

This site and their system helps me to match the proper tire(s) to my expectations. I then buy locally and use "Tirerack's price including delivery" to bargain with. Firestone's for my truck and Yokohama's for my gal's Honda...I'm certain I made great choices.
Have fun!
Firestone's Transforce are the only ones that hold up on mine. Far better than the more exspensive Badyear Wranglers did.

South Florida Lawns
02-02-2009, 09:57 PM
I run Pirelli ATR's on my truck, they're okay so far not as good in the rain as my Goodyear eagles though.

ALLPro Landscaping
02-02-2009, 10:21 PM
I got the bridgestone dueler's on my f250 psd, and love them. Highly Reccomend

integrityman
02-02-2009, 11:03 PM

Have fun!

as above- go to tirerack. i have bridgestone deuler at revos- very happy, but they are expensive. very smooth, have lasted 65k w/ a little tread left over. i will probably go w/ something less exoensive next tire purchase....

TXNSLighting
02-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Ive also got the Bridgestone duelers on mine and love them! 35k miles and barely any ware. Great traction in the snow and ice as well.

ALLPro Landscaping
02-03-2009, 12:30 AM
again the revos are unbelievable tires if you willing to spend the money. a buddy of mine had them on his Chevy 2500, he convinced me to get them, go on tire rack and check them out, I know they have great deals. Other wise the good year wrangler is the second best that I have purchased. Good Luck

4.3mudder
02-03-2009, 12:48 AM
I have 41 inch Super Swampers Iroks on my yota. My work truck has the stock Goodyears from the factory. This year I will be getting the Michelin LTX MS. They ride like a dream. Hardly any road noise, handle exceptionally well. They might be more, but they are worth it.

Valk
02-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Michelin has their new LTX AT/2...you know, new and improved ~> cooler tread!!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=LTX+A%2FT+2

beano
02-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Bridgestone dueler a/t revo's. Best tire ive ever had. Just make sure its the Revo because there's a few models of duelers

GravelyGuy
02-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Toyo tires seem to be treating me pretty well except for gas mileage with M/T which was to be expected.

Puddle of Oil
02-03-2009, 11:17 PM
stay away from Firestone's Destination LE, they dont last long.

BuffaloLandscaping
02-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Bridgestone dueler a/t revo's. Best tire ive ever had. Just make sure its the Revo because there's a few models of duelers

Correct, & the rest of them are crap. :)

BuffaloLandscaping
02-04-2009, 10:05 AM
stay away from Firestone's Destination LE, they dont last long.

:nono: Definitely garbage.

Puddle of Oil
02-04-2009, 01:24 PM
:nono: Definitely garbage.

you should have told me that over 2 years ago when i bought it. only put 22k on em and they already went bald. it came with a 60k mile warranty, which didnt really do a whole lot for me, still ended up paying over half what i got it for. :angry::angry:

BuffaloLandscaping
02-04-2009, 02:47 PM
you should have told me that over 2 years ago when i bought it. only put 22k on em and they already went bald. it came with a 60k mile warranty, which didnt really do a whole lot for me, still ended up paying over half what i got it for. :angry::angry:

Sorry, wasn't here two years ago & don't get me started on tire warranties either... :nono:

02DURAMAX
02-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Nitto Terra Grapler. 15K miles and they still look new!

02DURAMAX
02-04-2009, 04:53 PM
On the Dump I have the Goodyear G124

dura to the max
02-06-2009, 08:40 PM
i have duelers on one truck and have had them before and like them. the other truck has mastercraft coursor by cooper