PDA

View Full Version : Tall Fescue clumps

turfmanagementspecialty
02-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Just wondering what people have used to control tall fescue clumps in KBG/fescue? Also how are you going about charging. I have a 4 acre complex and they want me to get the fescue clumps. THinking about using certainty with a backpack sprayer. Time + materials?. Not a clue how long this will take. There is quite a bit and they want front and backs treated. Obviously I wont hit it all. Just wondering what people would or have done in past. THanks

SpreadNSpray
02-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Just wondering what people have used to control tall fescue clumps in KBG/fescue? Also how are you going about charging. I have a 4 acre complex and they want me to get the fescue clumps. THinking about using certainty with a backpack sprayer. Time + materials?. Not a clue how long this will take. There is quite a bit and they want front and backs treated. Obviously I wont hit it all. Just wondering what people would or have done in past. THanks

Wowsa! 4 acres with tall fescue clumps...As you probably already know, the tall fescue clumps crowd most other grasses out. So you will be left with slight bare spots. I have used Certainty. It works, just stay within the label and use a surfactant. As far as pricing.. I think it will take you more than one application.

FdLLawnMan
02-03-2009, 12:11 AM
I have used Certainty that past two years and this is what I have found out. It takes two applications and your fescue will get hammered while the KBG will become yellowed and stunted but will come back. The grass must be green and under no stress so mi-spring or fall is best. I charge double and blanket app the complete lawn. You want to stay right on the label rate as to little it doesn't work, to much is wasteful and the other grasses will get hammered really bad. I use flat fan nozzles with a surfactant. This is a premium service and product and you should charge accordingly.