PDA

View Full Version : N on the rise...uh oh

AmGreen
02-03-2009, 02:39 AM
I'm sure a bunch of you guys were talking about this toward the end of last year - H*ll you may have already been talking about it this year. I just talked to my distributor today and he informed me to go ahead and buy as much N now as I could. He talked to their manufacturer earlier and all he could say was that he was scared of what the next two weeks were going to look like (based off prices).

Just in time for things to start getting busy!

What are you guys seeing out there...any real increases? Or did a lot of you "pre-order" last year?

I'm sure an organicalist (made up word) will chime in on this one... ("if you'd use chicken hockey you wouldn't have to worry about the price of N"):laugh:

rcreech
02-03-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm sure an organicalist (made up word) will chime in on this one... ("if you'd use chicken hockey you wouldn't have to worry about the price of N"):laugh:

ONLY if history continues to repeat itself as it always does! :laugh:

Yea...I heard about 3 weeks ago that "they" thought the N market had bottomed out!

Anymore I quit guessing...but I think it has also!

turfsolutions
02-03-2009, 09:30 AM
It is lower than last years prices at this time. There is much more to be worrying about than N prices like a long extended recession which it looks like we are in the middle of.

tlg
02-03-2009, 06:10 PM
My fert cost are slightly higher than what I paid last season. Price dropped about two weeks ago. Delivery coming soon. Talked to a farmer friend the other day he said that their fert cost have not come down at all. Everything is a guessing game right now IMO.

muddstopper
02-03-2009, 08:49 PM
I talked to a Suthern States dealer last week. His statment is he believes Fert prices will fall lower. He also said that some of the retail dealers had bought large quantities last fall and are now holding the bag with high priced ferts that they are trying to dump. This might explain why some dealers are forecasting higher prices in an effort to move some of their high priced ferts before the prices really fall.

Just speculation on my part, no soilid info to back my opinons, but I did also talk to a bulk distributor last week ( RoysterClark), and he also said prices should continue to fall. How much, well thats anybodies guess. My suggestion is to buy what you can, but dont bet the farm.

tlg
02-03-2009, 09:50 PM
I only bought what we need to get through this season and projected new sales. If a major drop happens I may buy more but only to get a jump on 2010. Let's face it if the economy tanks even more were all in trouble.