PDA

View Full Version : Foreman needed: Danbury, CT - Spring 09

BSDeality
02-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Just figured I'd start looking now for the spring. I was just informed one of my guys was offered a full time gig by his winter job which he'll be continuing with in the spring. He was going to be promoted this year to maintenance crew leader.

We're a smaller landscape company, we work primarily in Ridgefield and our shop is in Bethel. last year we were 80% maintenance and 20% installs, with the economy the way it is, I suspect the percentages to change to roughly 90/10.

Looking for a crew leader to run a 2-3 person crew. This is a hands on position. Duties will be Spring Cleanups/Mulching/Mowing/Fall Cleanups/etc. Crew leader is directly responsible for all properties under his/her care. CL will be given company phone & email for direct client interaction. Company vehicle a possibility as well. Looking for someone with a few years industry experience ready to grow with our company. Pay to be determined by experience. Average weekly workload is 50-55hrs in the spring, 40-45hrs summer and 40-45 in the fall.

Winter Duties will be plowing & salting, hours vary by storm.

Contact
Matt at statelinelandscaping.com or
203-948-4688

BSDeality
02-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Bump to the top.

We are adapting to the economy and we are locking in work now for the spring and need a driven individual to join our team.

MassBasshunter1968
02-16-2009, 09:09 AM
to bad your Not in mass lol.

BSDeality
02-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Just like Bob Barker said... come'on down!

MassBasshunter1968
02-16-2009, 09:15 AM
I wished to bad your 3 Hours away LOL.

mgt379
02-16-2009, 09:49 AM
To bad im to far away and proboly dont have the experience your looking for :(

BSDeality
02-16-2009, 10:00 AM
mgt, where are you? whats your exp?

mgt379
02-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Meriden.. Have been mowing lawns for 3 years.. IN the Voag program have 4 years doing grounds maintnace there where i used exmark zero turns and walk behinds with and without sulky. john deere 255 skid steer and a toro field rake with drag mat and tines. also have 3 years on a farm working with roto tillers and other heavy equipment such as tractors forklifts and such. Spent a season in a lawnmower repair shop fixing commerical equipment. To bad its almost an hour drive from me. All this was done within 4 years. im turning 18 in june

proenterprises
02-16-2009, 05:07 PM
mgt, where are you? whats your exp?

BS-I am right near you in Ridgefield, Ct as well. (I own Cutting Edge Lawn Service LLC). Any chance you may want to sub anything out to ease your load? I have all proper liscenses, insurances, equipment, credentials, etc. I would love to work for you, but was wondering if we may be able to work something out to ease your angst.

Drop me an email: austinnolan18@hotmail.com

(203) 417-7109
or give me a call

BSDeality
02-16-2009, 10:55 PM
MGT, meriden is a little far but not too bad. my fiance commutes to Meriden for work. If you're interested further PM me.

Austin, subbing is not an option. I'm not going to have my truck/equipment sit idle. What I'm looking for is someone who will run the mowing end of the business. leaving me free to jump around as need be. If you find business is slowing for you consider comin' over to the dark side. We're pretty well dug-in.

mgt379
02-16-2009, 11:23 PM
its a tuff call ill have to put some thought into it

proenterprises
02-17-2009, 12:13 AM
MGT, meriden is a little far but not too bad. my fiance commutes to Meriden for work. If you're interested further PM me.

Austin, subbing is not an option. I'm not going to have my truck/equipment sit idle. What I'm looking for is someone who will run the mowing end of the business. leaving me free to jump around as need be. If you find business is slowing for you consider comin' over to the dark side. We're pretty well dug-in.

Thanks, and I will keep it in mind. Any chance you have any extra lawns you would want to sell off? I am open to anything. Let me know if you ever get overrun.
Austin

TPendagast
02-17-2009, 11:02 AM
IF I dont get anything interesting to do here, Let me know, Ill come work for you for the season.
I ran a company there in westchester/fairfield counties for many years.

Gimme a plane ticket, $16/hr and a place to crash and we will talk about it.

BSDeality
02-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Still looking!