PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna Aerators

EZcut
02-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Anybody out there ever use a Husqvarna aerator? I'm looking at getting a deal on one, and would like some imput on how they work. Thanks in advance.:waving:

Jason Rose
02-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Ever seen or used a Bluebird? Same machine, different color. THey sell a smaller unit in Bluebird that I wouldnt' recommend. The 19" AR19 will do a similar job to that or most other good brands.

Hopefully you can get a good deal. If buying new I'd definately look into other types of machines that are easier to run.

EZcut
02-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the info Jason, I was looking at getting a 25" brand new for about $2200. What other brands would you reconmend?

StBalor
02-05-2009, 02:00 AM
imo stay away from bluebird. It will give you a work out. I have used the bluebird, ryan and classen. Ryan was probably the best and easiest to use. The classen handled as well as the ryan but it did not like going across hills at all. It would constantly shut off when used at an angle. The rental place told me it was a design error and had something to do with the oil sensor switch. It would shut off because when used on a hill the oil would go to 1 side and the machine would think it was low on oil.
Had this problem with their dethatchers also.

Grassmechanic
02-05-2009, 11:55 AM
I hate those aerators with the small wheels in front (bluebird, husky, etc). They tend to "bounce" back and forth on the smallest undulations and don't penetrate evenly. Ryan is OK with the bigger drum in front, but the best one I've ever ran is a Plugr.

LindblomRJ
02-05-2009, 12:07 PM
As heavy as the Huskys that I have ran... I honestly thought I would get better penetration with it.

The Ryan seems to be a bit lighter and imo does a better job pulling plugs out.

1.2.3. green
02-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Purchased 60" wide pull behind type.Modified it by putting bearings on each end of axle 8.00ea.) put angle iron on toe bar for strength. welded 10" high bars around top to keep the 12" blocks (which are filled solid) from falling off. Pull with my Bolens garden tractor,I can aerate a 20,000 ft lawn in less than an hour while drinking my morning coffee . NO walking or shaking.

Grasskeepers
02-09-2009, 01:04 PM
i have a husky, its about 7 years old now and still running strong, its has a honda in it, i have no complaints but i have used any other kinds

dsm
02-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Purchased 60" wide pull behind type.Modified it by putting bearings on each end of axle 8.00ea.) put angle iron on toe bar for strength. welded 10" high bars around top to keep the 12" blocks (which are filled solid) from falling off. Pull with my Bolens garden tractor,I can aerate a 20,000 ft lawn in less than an hour while drinking my morning coffee . NO walking or shaking.Pictures?? please?
i am looking for a pull behind, i have more then enough 'stuff' to build one so heavy my tractor can't pull, but don't have time to build right now.
might purchase 'good' one and modify if needed to beef it up.

thanks.

ooo
02-19-2009, 11:00 PM
imo stay away from bluebird. It will give you a work out.

That is so true. I have one thats like 15 years old, i got for $50 from ex boss, and it works so well Im too cheap to buy another. Id have more energy left after cutting 12 lawns, than 1 aeration with that thing.

1.2.3. green
02-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Pictures?? please?
i am looking for a pull behind, i have more then enough 'stuff' to build one so heavy my tractor can't pull, but don't have time to build right now.
might purchase 'good' one and modify if needed to beef it up.

thanks.

I have the aerator packed away right now but will be getting out very soon.Will send pictures if needed but it's pretty simple.One thing I did to my tractor was put farm tractor style tires on the back for traction, the regular turf tires didn't cut it when it came to hills, also put snowblower tires on front both very agressive tires.I own and have used the walk behind but never use it unless theres a section I can't get to.