PDA

View Full Version : Momentum FX2 vs Plain Ol Lesco 3Way

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Guys...
Planning on small-scale fert/squirts on resi's this coming season.....
Just starting out, and YES I will be licensed.....

Can someone explain to me the plusses and minuses of regular 3Way vs Momentum FX2? Besides the cost, I have that from my JDL rep in my hands.
For Momentum to cost that much more, there has to be some obvious advantages to it - are they enough to spring for the product??

FdLLawnMan
02-04-2009, 10:13 AM
I am very familiar with both products and know each of them well. If you look at the labels you will see that Momentum Fx2 has a much longer list of weeds that it controls. It does very well with most hard to control weeds such as Ground Ivy and Plantain. It does ok on Wild Violets while Three-Way doesn't do anything to them. IMO if you have a maintained lawn with little weed pressure Three-Way does fine. On new lawns or where I know Ground Ivy has been a problem or is a problem I use Momentum Fx2. I myself use Momentum in the Spring and Three-Way in the fall. I don't like to use the same weed control product year after year to avoid weed resistance. All Tru-Green uses is a type of Three-Way. Thats why it takes them repeated applications to get rid of hard to control weeds.

cod8825
02-04-2009, 10:31 AM
I agree with what FDL stated

I very rarely do broadcast apps of weed control.

3-way will generally be one of your cheapest products and it works good on most of what you'll encounter. If you have Ivy, clover, field binweed, wild violet you will want to use Momentum as works with these troublesome weeds.

Matt

wcb607a
02-04-2009, 04:05 PM
I have used 3 way for a couple of years and haven't had any problems. I just use the strongest dose recommended on the label at 5.5oz per gal in my perma and less doses in hot weather.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-04-2009, 06:15 PM
I have used 3 way for a couple of years and haven't had any problems. I just use the strongest dose recommended on the label at 5.5oz per gal in my perma and less doses in hot weather.

5.5 oz per gallon? Man, that seems really hot.....

wcb607a
02-04-2009, 06:47 PM
well its 1.5oz per 1000 at the high dose

DLAWNS
02-04-2009, 08:30 PM
I like the Momentum Fx2. It covers so many weeds and works very well.

RigglePLC
02-05-2009, 10:23 AM
I think Momentum has triclopyr, its better. However, it has no dicamba which is an important part of Three Way. Dicamba is root absorbed.

Focus1
02-05-2009, 10:27 AM
I also agree with FDL, Three-Way is great for basic weed control and is very cost effective. For those harder to control weeds, you will have to use FX2 or another product is Eliminate, both about the same price plus use Spreader Sticker. You may need to do a second application several weeks later for heavy infestation.