PDA

View Full Version : 100% Soluble Potash ?

DLDTDE
02-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Is this the best way to get Bougainvilla's to bloom hard? I have heard this is the best and seen the results of the application. Wondering if this is the way. I have been using Bougain lately and not getting the results i wanted

RAlmaroad
02-04-2009, 09:03 AM
I think you have potash mixed up with phosphate. Go the green house and buy triple phosphate. Blooming plants love phosphate and more during the blooming season. Check up on the plant; it may require acid. Florida is overwhelmed with calcium. Most plants and grass do better is a more acidic soil. Use a little sulfur or Mir-Acid, that stuff from Miracle-Grow. I can't comment on Miracle-Grow as I've never used it, but that lower pH is generally helpful for all plants.

DLDTDE
02-04-2009, 10:29 AM
I have used miricle grow and sprayed the foliage. I put down aloft and insecticide for miners or anything else that is eatting hole in the leaves. It seems like the boogy is defoliating and not blooming I am constantly messing with it. Just stumped

DLDTDE
02-04-2009, 10:32 AM
I have a another large standard boogy and has no foliage in it. Just pit down 20-20-20 , biferen , asaphate just last week and have not seen results as of yet

Ric
02-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Is this the best way to get Bougainvilla's to bloom hard? I have heard this is the best and seen the results of the application. Wondering if this is the way. I have been using Bougain lately and not getting the results i wanted

DL

Bougainvillea's are Xeris plants and too much water will cause them not to bloom. They also like a slow release nitrogen for a constant source of nitrogen. Most people are scare to give Bougainvilleas Nitrogen because they are fast growers or afraid dwarf varieties might revert. Try cutting back on water.

DLDTDE
02-05-2009, 10:32 AM
I will try that. They are being watered the same time my grass is. 24 min everyother day. My big boogy is showing new buds after the 20-20-20 and the other insecticides I applied.