PDA

View Full Version : like to get a lap-top help!

ant
03-03-2002, 10:20 PM
like to get a lap top so i can load my lawn service software on it.i does not require much.
i see some in the adds for around $1000.00
what do you think?
howabout extended warranty?
and any battery tips?
does most have pre-loaded software?
anthony

KirbysLawn
03-03-2002, 10:24 PM
Dell and Sony have good deals right now. Check the respective site for all the details on what is included and pre-loaded.

ant
03-03-2002, 10:33 PM
ray: is this something i should but from one of the big warehouses (best buy). and just get the details from the net?
or do you recomend ordering something like this on line?
ant

stslawncare
03-03-2002, 11:02 PM
i reccamend dell, sony, and gateway for lap tops, and u can get good deals from places like best buy, but its just as good to get from the manufacturer online.

KirbysLawn
03-03-2002, 11:56 PM
I have a Sony VAIO laptop with Lawn Monkey, works great with now problems and I Windows XP also. I have owned Toshiba (good luck), Compaq (SUCKED), and teh Sony. The Sony came with the least amount of crap loaded and I have had no problems in the year + that I owned it (may be due to Win XP also).

Dell has a deal right now for around $1000, just check and compair their site for home v/s samll business, they offer different deals so one may be better than the other. As Scottie said I would consider any of those three.

http://www.dell.com/us/en/gen/default.htm
http://www.sonystyle.com/vaio/

PS, I just did my first full week of fertilizing/spraying using the LM2002 program in my truck, it was great. Came home, printed invoices when I pulled up and everything was done by the time I came inside.

heygrassman
03-04-2002, 12:01 AM
My sister just bought a Sony Vaio and I help set it up. NICE BOX!!

She got rooked a little on the price. I am thinking that I may look at one for next year. I have a IBM Stinkpad and would not recommend it to my enemy.

Toshiba makes a good box as well with the Satelite.

I have posted thoughts on Laptops before on why not Dells, gateways and Compaqs.

jf