PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte, NC newb

R Q
02-04-2009, 04:36 PM
My company, Queen Landscapes Inc. has been around since '87, I've been in the business since high school...'78-'81
I used to do everything with 4-7 employees but have scaled back now because they are such a pain in the ...
I work for some high end businesses and homeowners who I have dealt with for over 20 years.
Hi all!

DLAWNS
02-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Welcome to Lawnsite! I look forward to speaking with you.

AnthonyStanley11
02-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Welcome to the site...I am looking to move to Charlotte, how is the weather there usually?

tattooedturf
02-09-2009, 08:55 PM
:hammerhead::hammerhead:My company, Queen Landscapes Inc. has been around since '87, I've been in the business since high school...'78-'81
I used to do everything with 4-7 employees but have scaled back now because they are such a pain in the ...
I work for some high end businesses and homeowners who I have dealt with for over 20 years.
Hi all!
What's up R Q. I own Green View L & L ( Indian Trail N.C.) I understand the pain in the... comment. I remember when it was just me. Life was so simple then!

R Q
02-11-2009, 07:46 PM
:hammerhead::hammerhead:
What's up R Q. I own Green View L & L ( Indian Trail N.C.) I understand the pain in the... comment. I remember when it was just me. Life was so simple then!

You're Rob? that used to do the BB&T at MTP? I do everything around that bank.:laugh:

R Q
02-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the site...I am looking to move to Charlotte, how is the weather there usually?

Weather is usually great. We don't get enough rain days to get our office work done:laugh: But temps are usually mild in winter and get a little hot in the summer.Humidity is bad so I'm told. I've never lived anywhere else.

DuallyVette
02-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Yea, the daytime temps are 25 degrees one week...and 72 degrees the next. If you don't like the weather...just wait a minute. :)

tattooedturf
02-12-2009, 08:11 AM
You're Rob? that used to do the BB&T at MTP? I do everything around that bank.:laugh:
Yup, I used to do 17 BB&Ts. they switched to a company out of Florida who sub contracted to local LCOs. Their reason was so they would only have to cut one check a month(to the company out of Florida).I know 2 other companies who we given the boot as well. The people in the glass towers only see numbers on paper. I still do work for some of the branch managers homes and you should hear some of the horror stories. I just chuckle when I drive by and see the condition of the branches. Are you the Co. who takes care of the Med. offices next door? I'll stop by and say hello sometime.I also take care of the Oncology center across the street. Small world huh!

R Q
02-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Yup, I used to do 17 BB&Ts. they switched to a company out of Florida who sub contracted to local LCOs. Their reason was so they would only have to cut one check a month(to the company out of Florida).I know 2 other companies who we given the boot as well. The people in the glass towers only see numbers on paper. I still do work for some of the branch managers homes and you should hear some of the horror stories. I just chuckle when I drive by and see the condition of the branches. Are you the Co. who takes care of the Med. offices next door? I'll stop by and say hello sometime.I also take care of the Oncology center across the street. Small world huh!

Yep that's me!
I see you up at Fullwood animal clinic some too, it's near my house.
Stop on by sometime.

AFH Sod
02-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Hello, my name is Emily. I work for AFH-Greenview Sod Farm in Mooresville, NC. AFH has been serving the area for 13 years, however it has been under new management for the past 7 years. If you get a chance, come by the farm and take a look.

Bunton Guy
02-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Ahh some familiar companies I pass all the time. I used to live off Lebanon rd. in Farmwood. Business has been down for us I went from 5-6 full time employees during the summer of 06-07 all the way down to 2 employees in 08 and now just me in 09.

I guess its the way the cookie crumbles. Im doing my best to turn it around.

Welcome to lawnsite.

DuallyVette
02-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Ahh some familiar companies I pass all the time. I used to live off Lebanon rd. in Farmwood. Business has been down for us I went from 5-6 full time employees during the summer of 06-07 all the way down to 2 employees in 08 and now just me in 09.

I guess its the way the cookie crumbles. Im doing my best to turn it around.

Welcome to lawnsite.

Hi Bunton Guy, I live beside Farmwood. I hope I don't have to move. Why the big drop in business ?

Cutter1
03-15-2009, 11:11 PM
just got back from Charlotte....it rained the whole time. :) My brother works for a compny down there....is it shade tree landscaping??? He moved down 3 years ago. first time i was there, very nice area, i was impressed. whats with all the pine needles!!!

DuallyVette
03-15-2009, 11:38 PM
just got back from Charlotte....it rained the whole time. :) My brother works for a compny down there....is it shade tree landscaping??? He moved down 3 years ago. first time i was there, very nice area, i was impressed. whats with all the pine needles!!!

Sorry about the weather. Usually if you don't like the weather here, you only have to wait a few minutes for it to change. As for the pine needles...one man's garbage is another man's gold. I personally don't like wood mulch...it doesn't stay in the beds as well as the needles.

I thought all the PA people already moved here :)

Cutter1
03-16-2009, 09:41 PM
thats why there are steeler fans everywhere....no one stays in pittsburgh. :)

DuallyVette
03-16-2009, 10:18 PM
thats why there are steeler fans everywhere....no one stays in pittsburgh. :)

Yea, theres a Steelers bar just down the street. My old crew leader was a big fan. I guess there's nothing to do in the winters up there. :)

DaughtryLC
03-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Whats up! from Smithfield! DaughtryLC been in bis for 7yrs. I like these NC Threads!
Man, is it going to quit RAINING????????

grass_cuttin_fool
03-16-2009, 10:32 PM
My company, Queen Landscapes Inc. has been around since '87, I've been in the business since high school...'78-'81
Hi all!

Welcome to the site RQ.....you know me as the pigg else where

DuallyVette
03-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Welcome to the site RQ.....you know me as the pigg else where

How about losing the ant.:dizzy:

Bunton Guy
08-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Hi Bunton Guy, I live beside Farmwood. I hope I don't have to move. Why the big drop in business ?

Down economy:hammerhead:

Two of our largest commercials filed for bankruptcy in the same month. One sticking us with a large bill they never paid.

Months later 3 more large industrial properties owned by the same company were overtaken by new management...in which they wanted all new service staff.

Then my main crew leader decided that when the economy hit us hard that he would take my next largest accounts and run off/steal with them to start his own company which he never got off the ground.But in the mean time the accounts got word of the scuffle and wouldn't't even hire us back due to the drama.:dizzy:

Mckenzie's Maintenance
08-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Not from charlotte, but I live 2 hours up 74 east ....

I like charlotte, hate the traffic...I like the nc threads as well

Bunton Guy
08-15-2009, 10:21 AM
Traffic is getting worse every year

DuallyVette
08-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Down economy:hammerhead:

Two of our largest commercials filed for bankruptcy in the same month. One sticking us with a large bill they never paid.

Months later 3 more large industrial properties owned by the same company were overtaken by new management...in which they wanted all new service staff.

Then my main crew leader decided that when the economy hit us hard that he would take my next largest accounts and run off/steal with them to start his own company which he never got off the ground.But in the mean time the accounts got word of the scuffle and wouldn't't even hire us back due to the drama.:dizzy:

Ask in March...answered in August :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It sounds like you got hit hard. I lost a couple of jobs to new managers. They always want to show their boss how smart they are. :dizzy:

I hope you gve your ex employee a proper burial :)