PDA

View Full Version : Need any help I can get. 2nd season.

Wideopen
02-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Hello all. Thank you for taking a min to check out my problem. I am a 20 year old with a small opperation. (mostly solo):weightlifter: I have a good number of nice yards that would be interested in fert and the likes there of. (20 yards or so only) I am curious as to if the purchase of the nessicary products would be worth it to me and my company during these yearly years. I am not looking for anything extensive, just a few treatments a year.

As I am located in central Arkansas the majority of the grass down here is Bermuda howevere I do have a few fescue accounts. What chemicals would you all reccomend? What spreader etc.?

Thank you all!

Jake Arey

grassman177
02-04-2009, 06:31 PM
we all will ask to make sure you are state certified to use pesticides. you have to be certified to do anything at all applying to lawns tha is not absolutly straght fetilizer. and that is in my state, i think some states even make you certify to do that. as long as you have that behind you i would be glad to help you with a bit of info

mikesturf
02-04-2009, 07:56 PM
I started out with a Lesco spreader, now switching to an Earthway. 4 gallon backpack sprayer for spot spraying weeds, 1 gallon sprayer for Round-Up for weeds/grass in sidewalk/driveway cracks. Leaf blower to blow fert pellets off driveway & sidewalk. Chemical gloves, goggles, spill kit, etc. All together, less than $800. You will learn a lot when study for the state pesticide exam.

mngrassguy
02-04-2009, 08:44 PM
http://www.aragriculture.org/pesticides
This would be a good place to start.

You may want to consider hiring a Licensed Pesticide Applicator until you accumulate enough accounts to warrant getting your license. Look for a local company that specializes in lawn treatments. Stay away from the big national companies.