PDA

View Full Version : Web designer backed out..

PLM-1
02-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Anyone on here design web pages or know of a good place/person?

I have my domain purchased as well as my hosting, just need it designed!

Turfdoctor1
02-05-2009, 09:36 AM
www.d4you.us/

I used these guys. If you are looking for a simple, nice looking, affordable site, I would recommend them. Paid $300 for my site. check it out. If you use them, tell them I sent you their way, and I'll get a referral check.

good luck.

JDUtah
02-05-2009, 10:08 AM
www.d4you.us/

I used these guys. If you are looking for a simple, nice looking, affordable site, I would recommend them. Paid $300 for my site. check it out. If you use them, tell them I sent you their way, and I'll get a referral check.

good luck.

Man they are crazy cheap. Are they completely finished with that site? If they are they goofed... nothing bad for you, but sucks for them... the links on the very bottom do not link to their site, but to the page you are already one... they are missing out on search engine page rank and lead generating opportunities.

Still though, crazy cheap and looks good. I do freelance work for locals out here and my minimum is 3 times that amount.

Turfdoctor1
02-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Man they are crazy cheap. Are they completely finished with that site? If they are they goofed... nothing bad for you, but sucks for them... the links on the very bottom do not link to their site, but to the page you are already one... they are missing out on search engine page rank and lead generating opportunities.

Still though, crazy cheap and looks good. I do freelance work for locals out here and my minimum is 3 times that amount.

yeah, its finished. there are a couple of mistakes; they left in the watermarks on the stock photos. my fault, i guess.

kclawn1
02-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Yea, it really depends on how much you are willing to spend. Do you have a ballpark figure?

Lawn 'N' Order Landscape
02-05-2009, 12:47 PM
www.d4you.us/

good luck.

Was the $300 a one time fee? Or do you have to pay a monthly fee as well?

Turfdoctor1
02-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Was the $300 a one time fee? Or do you have to pay a monthly fee as well?

it was a one time fee.

However, I did also purchase an add-on CMS, which allows me to edit the site from here on out. That was an additional $150.

Turboguy
02-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Personally Josh, I think your site looks pretty nice. They must have fixed the links on the bottom because they worked for me. I didn't spend a lot of time looking at it but even the meta tags look pretty good. Nice design and layout, good text. A few more photos might be good but all in all for what you paid you got your moneys worth and more.

PSTsmallengines
02-06-2009, 07:32 AM
I know someone that can help you out, let me think on it, do you have the domain name where you can easliy point it to the name server? if so let me know.

JDUtah
02-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Did you buy the domain and hosting? Or did they?

PLM-1
02-06-2009, 01:47 PM
I purchased the domain and the hosting through InMotion Hosting. Somebody sent me an email yesterday about Vividstream Designs. I spoke with them and they are offering the following for $1000. I had her send me a written quote:

Company Information, Tips, Services with Descriptions, Testimonials, Photo area, Contact area, Shopping Cart, CMS (Content Management System) if it all works out the way planned the newsletter and signup.
Vividstream Inc., offers 1 year of free hosting with new and Redesigned web sites, We also Include Basic SOE for free. (Search Engine Optimization) This is up to you if you would like to host with our company.

Frue
02-06-2009, 03:48 PM

Its kind of funny the company d4u website designers has 28 errors in there code:nono:

flattoplawncare
02-06-2009, 06:33 PM
I will do your site for you, Here is mine flattoplawnservice.com
and I am #1 on google in my areas

ritchiem
02-06-2009, 11:31 PM
If you like my site www.murphyslawns.com (http://www.murphyslawns.com) I can help you out. It has a portfolio, contact forms, great SEO, endless content for pages and posts, and all in a neat and tidy WordPress site that I can show you how to update yourself.

Have a look and let me know what you think...I am just a email away

office@murphyslawns.com (mailto:office@murphyslawns.com)

MattL
02-07-2009, 02:38 AM
I have seen some of Ritchie's work and he does a good job, I would recommend him.

But if for some reason that doesn't work out or is not what you are looking for, I also do custom web design and SEO. If you would like to talk by email, aim or phone we can do that. My email is endofsorrow1990@gmail.com, if you would like to see some of my work feel free to contact me or post here.

Thanks, Matt

Team-Green L&L
02-09-2009, 10:49 AM
I may be able to help you out. I am well-versed in HTML, PhP, Perl scripting, and various CMS (Content Management Systems). I specialize in SEO, SEM, SNO, and SMO techniques and I help a lot of guy on LS. This is my "home away from home". If you need any further assistance PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

Kiril
02-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Jeez, any more solicitations for work?

Its kind of funny the company d4u website designers has 28 errors in there code:nono:

That is the sign of a "designer" not a coder. People who know the code take the care to validate it. Probably 95% of the "web designers" out there wouldn't know how to code a page from scratch. Therefore, you get what you pay for .... or not in some cases.