PDA

View Full Version : What brand of blades

jeepsinker
02-05-2009, 02:37 AM
Hello, i am just getting started this spring.i was wondering on what brades of blades i should use on my 36" scag walk behined.i bought it used for $50 bucks off some guy. So i would say the blades needs to be changed. Thanks.

nozzlehead
02-16-2009, 03:29 PM
I know a lot of guys run GATOR BLADES. From what I understand, they have great lift & mulch also.

CLARK LAWN
02-16-2009, 03:53 PM
i stick with OEM blades, i have tried some of the cheaper aftermarket brands and they just wuldnt hold up. They would loose their edge a lot faster than stock and they seemed to knick real easy to

Tommy Boy
02-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Depends are you mulching or stright discharge / bagging? I have 3 sets of blades for each machine. We change blades weekly based on usage, then once we have 2 sets of old blades, they get repaired and sharpened. We mulch almost everything and rely on the OEM blades for the most part. I use gator blades in the fall when we have leaves and sweetgum balls.

Hope this helps. Try out a couple of diff sets stick with the blades that you like best.

MileHigh
02-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Hello, i am just getting started this spring.i was wondering on what brades of blades i should use on my 36" scag walk behined.i bought it used for $50 bucks off some guy. So i would say the blades needs to be changed. Thanks.

more like you bought it STOLEN from some jerk for $50.

Valk
02-17-2009, 12:40 PM
I use gator blades in the fall when we have leaves and sweetgum balls.

Does your mower just literally mulch up the gumballs? Or do they become medieval projectiles? :laugh:
Do they mulch up best when dry or damp?

J&R Landscaping
02-17-2009, 01:37 PM
I like gator blades for some machines. My Bobcat mowers run the OEM blade though. They cut and stripe awsome so I leave it alone. Works good reguardless of the season or if I'm bagging as well!

bohiaa
02-18-2009, 10:41 AM
I hate Gators, there just over priced.
depending on your area. just plane ole orgeon hi lifts.

they all come out of Orgeon anyway

www.texasmowerparts.com