PDA

View Full Version : Utah Suppliers

JDUtah
02-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Hey guys,

I wanted to call on my local buddies to find out if there are any more suppliers in the Utah area (particularly northern).

I know JDL has shop in SLC and Layton, and Reagan is in Salt Lake City. Any others?

I am looking for an herbicide supplier in particular, but would appreciate any industry related supplier.

Thanks in advance,
David

LawnTamer
02-05-2009, 11:50 AM
There are a few other options. IFA, actually has become a viable source. When JD bought Lesco, IFA saw a vacuum and they pretty well filled it for me. I get nearly all my fert from them. Their prodiamine product (barricade) is called cavalcade, it is a bit dusty, but it works great and is cheaper than Barricade or Stonewall (the JDL version).

They have generics of most pesticides and herbicides you could want. All of them I have used work well except their generic 3-way, (called strike 3). It has the same AIs as Lesco 3-way, but it doesn't work nearly as well, I don't know if it is a ph issue, or a missing adjuvant or what. Their Strike 3 Ultra (like momentum fx) works great.

Anyway, the guy to call is John Bass. He works out to the Riverton store usually, but he can get product to any of the stores, or he can deliver. He knows his stuff and ran a successful Spraying operation for yrs. Tell him Joe with Evergreen recommended him. He will bend over backwards to help you.
Chuck from Lesco is also working there now too, but honestly, I have had better service from John. He always returns calls, even on weekends, will track down sprayer parts, and will even call occasionally, just to see how things are going with my products.

The other option I know of is Wilbur Ellis. They used to have a warehouse in Murray, but they closed it. They still will ship out of Id. It is a little difficult getting product sometimes, but they have excellent products. Their polycoat ferts are the best I have used.... cleaner than The Andersons and very effective. They also carry PBI Gordon.... I like their line a lot, their tri-mec 992 is very good stuff, and Speed-zone is great too.
I believe the contact at Wilbur Ellis for Utah sales is still Pat Brown. If you can't find them on the net, pm me and I will give you his cell. (I don't want to post it, I know I wouldn't want my cell # on the internet.):laugh::laugh:

UAP/UHS used to have a warehouse up somewhere north, but I never bought liked their product line. MecAmine-D is the worst 3-way I have ever used.

Just an FYI, John Bass at IFA is putting together a seminar for Feb 26th. He has a few experts on Uflexx and Hydrexx coming, and also will be introducing some new insect control tech. Ask him about it. I will be there, Whoopassonthebluegrass was planning on coming too. It may be fun to do lunch or something.:waving:

JDUtah
02-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Sweet stuff Lawn Tamer. Thanks!

Seminar/lunch sound good. Again thanks.